Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

A lot of the usual suspects:
Rax - I could kill for a BBC (bacon beef & cheddar) right now! That amazing tangy sharp cheese sauce hasn't been duplicated since.
Farrell's - "I made a pig out of myself" with The Trough a bunch of times as a kid (when my metabolism was a LOT higher) and had a birthday party there complete with a Zoo sundae.
Sambo's - Victim of unnecessary controversy. It was named after the two founders "Sam" and "Bo".
Arthur Treacher's - I always smile when I pass an old location with the trademark "lantern" sign still being used by the current occupant.
Burger Chef - My parent's bought their current home off of the guy that was the corporate counsel for the chain.
Roselyn Bakery's - You've only probably heard of them if you grew up in Central Indiana. Locations all over Indy. Great cookies... Funny, I just learned via Wikipedia that they were shut down because their central bakery suffered repeated rat infestations!!!
Steak-n-Ale - Took my date there for my Senior Prom (big spender, I was!).
The Magic Pan - Loved eating there during the short time crepes were all the rage in the late 70's.
Orange Julius - My aunt worked there at our mall while she was dating my uncle. Both are gone now. It was back when they had the demon logo (which they dropped after threats of a lawsuit from Arizona State) and the store had a "Hell" theme with fake black volcanic rock and light fixtures with flickering light bulbs that looked like they came out of a dungeon. I smiled last weekend to see that DQ apparently now owns the recipe and trademark.

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."

Last edited by Geoff_M; 01-17-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Geoff_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: