Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
KWollen
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!

My name is Kayla and I attend American Public University. I am earning my degree in Hospitality Management and will be graduating around May of next year. I am very excited about applying for the College program!

My top three choices are hospitality, bell service dispatch/greeter, and concierge, I am debating on rather I would like to do vacation planner or not.

I applied back in September of last year and did not get accepted so hopefully it will be different this time around!
KWollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
LauraLynn
Earning My Ears

Another Fall 2013 Hopeful! I'm 25 and I attend Full Sail University Online. So I'll be taking classes online as well as the DCP, I'm excited though.

My interests are Character Attendant, Photopass Photographer and Full Service F&B.

I actually worked at Disney as a Full Timer back 2007 but ran into some transportation issues. I only worked there for 6 mo. So I really hope that doesn't effect my chances. I contacted recruiting and they said it shouldn't, just depends on my rehire status.

I do have a question, maybe someone can answer...I know certain roles fill up fast, and I don't want to diminish my chances to get accepted because the roles I requested weren't available. Any particular role suggestions?

I did QSFB back in 2007 and it was okay. I loved who I worked with, but I was put in a REALLY busy location, and I didn't get to interact with the guests as much.

Counting down the days til February!
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
BeckerzCP09
Earned my ears Twice during one program

Hey everyone I'm Rebecca / Becky and i'm so excited for apps to come out already!

I've done the program before back for fall advant 09 at WDW

but this time I really want DLR, though i'm applying to both parks

Roles I would like: Attractions, Photopass, Character Attend. , or Merch

CP Fall 2011: Aug 08th - Aug. [had to self term ]
Custodial - Magic Kingdom West Side

HOPING FOR A CHANCE TO GO BACK!!!!
BeckerzCP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
jacensolo3
theres no such thing as good news untill i've had my grape nuts

Hey guys!

My name is Brandon and I hope you are all doing fantastic I applied for the first program I was eligible for last time around but missed out on the program. Hopefully applications will be up soon and we'll all have great luck in getting in!

I'm hoping to do hospitality, attractions, or merchandising but honestly I'll take any job I just really want the chance to get to work at Disney Can't wait to meet all of you guys

Oh and also I'm studying education at the local community college and hope to transfer to Flagler college in St. Augustine right after the program ends
all my stains are washed away are washed away...

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
1 John 3:11

God rules all period
jacensolo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #20
littlelionsam
Earning My Ears

hi everyone! my name is sam (as you can tell from my username, haha). im currently a junior at new paltz in new york, and i've been looking forward to applying to the DCP since last year im looking to do fall 2013, my top 3 choices are attractions, character attendant, and merchandise! i might audition for character performer, but im not sure yet. super excited! :D
littlelionsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #21
littlelionsam
Earning My Ears

oh, also, im not 100% about this, but the campus rep at my school told me they were becoming more selective this year, which makes me more nervous about applying. does anybody know anything about that?
littlelionsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
AliSW
\

I feel like they always say things like that. I have no idea though, I hope not!
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Hi guys!

I'm Holly, and I'm a fifth year English - Creative Writing major at the University of Cincinnati. I'm also technically working on my Certificate in Film and Media Studies, but I won't complete it on time. I'm set to graduate in April at long last and I am so excited!

I did my first CP on the Fall Quarter Advantage in 2010, working Quick Service at Intermission Food Court at All Star Music Resort and I absolutely loved every minute of it! I went Seasonal but the week that I went back to get my 40 hours was the exact week I got my letter in the mail notifying me of the changes, so I had to quit because of my school schedule. But I'm excited about having a new role!

This time around I'll be doing the Fall Program so I can take part in a really great family vacation we're planning and save up a little bit more money, but I'm hoping to go FT (or at least PT/Seasonal) after my program is over so we'll see! I'll work basically anything aside from Life Guard and Entertainment, but I'd really prefer not to do QSR again and I'd like to stay out of the Resorts, only because I've done it before and I'm curious to compare my experiences of working in a resort to working at a park.

I'm excited to meet everyone and hopefully make more friends this time around!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I'm Kadye and I'm a senior at the University of Memphis. I did the CP for the fall 2011 semester in Attractions at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster. I'm applying for PIs and CP for the Fall 2013 semester. I'm a Business Administration major and I'm concentrating in Hospitality and Resort Management so I'd like to focus on the hotel aspects this go around if it works out. Nice to "meet" everyone!
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #25
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Glad to see that Kate got a FA 2013 thread up!

Bonjour, je suis Josh. I'm currently studying for my double major in Engineering and Biology at the local Engineering Uni in hopes of one day becoming an Imagineer, and other wonderful aspirations.

I'm currently a CM, and absolutely love it!

Looking forward to the application process starting soon. Looking forward to Fall Advantage and making new friends!

Best of luck, and Have a Most Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney

Last edited by RogerRadcliffe; 01-14-2013 at 11:50 PM.
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Hey guys! I'm Emily and I'm a senior psychology major at the University of Oklahoma, and I'm graduating this summer! I've been dying to do the CP ever since I was in high school, but it was never convenient for me to take off a semester from school. After graduating I'm planning to go to nursing school, so now was the perfect time to do the CP. If I don't get accepted, I'm planning on taking classes next fall at a community college (prereqs for nursing school) and applying again for next spring.

I have a friend that did the CP for fall 2012 and she just extended her program for this spring. I have to say, I'm so jealous of her and seeing all of her pictures/statuses on facebook just makes me want to do the program more and more!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

Hi guys! My name is Brady. I'm a Senior at UW-Whitewater in Music Education. I wasn't able to do the CP before because of the way my major works. But I'm finally finished with the music aspect of my degree as far as classes go, and thankfully I can do the program as long as I get in for this fall.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO SUPER excited and hope all of us get in!!! I'd love to do the advantage program and move down right after finals. My sister did the program once upon a time and eventually went full time without finishing school. She had a few roles at Splash Mountain and Kilimanjaro Safaris, as well as Characters and a few parades. If I had my pick I'd either be a character (not face) or a driver at Kilimanjaro as well.

Glad to meet all of you and like I said I hope we all get in and have the time of our lives!
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
Alexis Green
Mouseketeer

Hello! My name is Cassie and I am a senior at Michigan State University. I am studying Zoology with a concentration in animal behavior and neurobiology. I have been waiting forever to sign up to do the college program, but every year something has bumped with it.

I would love to be part of the Fall Advantage, and hopefully afterward get into the professional internships. Looking forward to applying, but I am extremely nervous!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #29
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Welcome everyone! Glad to see we've got quite the interesting lot here.

So I am quite curious, what are everyone's top role decisions, and why?

Also, what is your purpose or insight into participating in the Disney College Program?

Interested to see all the wonderful places people are going!

Have a Most Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #30
sportsguy2315
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Welcome everyone! Glad to see we've got quite the interesting lot here.

So I am quite curious, what are everyone's top role decisions, and why?

Also, what is your purpose or insight into participating in the Disney College Program?

Interested to see all the wonderful places people are going!

Have a Most Magical Day!
1. This will be my 2nd time at my rodeo, so preferably something different than what I did (QSFB).

2. The College Program is, in a word, awesome...if you have the right mindset. I recommend going later in your college career. Odds are you'll see it as what it is (A job) versus a giant frat party.
sportsguy2315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: