DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Well I don't know why I am being told...today...that points are there in inventory but she doesn't know if I get them or if there's someone else on the wait list who will get them. I don't know why she told me to hang on for a week to see if I get the points. I don't know why she said there's another department that goes through the inventory and gives out the points (not the guides...they just take down what contract we want...# of points, UY, resort). I don't know why she said they were backed up and it may take several days to do this. I don't know why in Dec she knew right away they had points in inventory that I could buy and have access to that same night. I feel like either A- she is trying to keep me hanging on for a week in hopes that points will become available because I said I didn't want to be on the wait list and was going to pull off or B- there are changes happening with buying points at the sold-out resorts (sold out resorts meaning not still selling new contracts...so, not AKV or BLT)...maybe something to do with pushing folks to buy AKV and BLT instead (they will also be selling GF soon).

And I gave my CC info but have not been charged anything and won't be until they have points to give me. And she said that will just happen and she will keep looking into it and when she sees that I get the points she will call me and if I don't get them by 1/25 she will call me and discuss what I want to do.
BLT is considered sold out. Only true inventory not sold out and being "actively" marketed is AKV and Aulani.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
BLT is considered sold out. Only true inventory not sold out and being "actively" marketed is AKV and Aulani.
I knew it was close but I didn't think it was sold out yet as they are still offering incentives to purchase there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I knew it was close but I didn't think it was sold out yet as they are still offering incentives to purchase there.
FWIW, I just added on at BLT direct through Disney. I got the same story from my guide about point availability for my UY looking like it was there but it being so close that he wasn't sure. (He actually put me on hold and called the "other department" only to be told they were behind in processing contracts.)

He told me that I might end up on a wait list because he knew some BLT contracts had been purchased earlier that day. When I replied that part of the reason I was adding on right now was because we wanted to book a stay on points, he did say he would get back to me within a few hours if the purchase couldn't go through due to lack of points. Fortunately, he called back about 3 hours later to let me know that I had gotten the last points in my UY and they were being processed as we spoke. My CC balance indicated the charge went through that evening and I was able to access the points the next morning.

BLT is apparently no longer being actively marketed and the BLT incentives aren't as good as AKV or Aulani - no $500 gift card or anything - though I did get $7 off per point on my add-on.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
FWIW, I just added on at BLT direct through Disney. I got the same story from my guide about point availability for my UY looking like it was there but it being so close that he wasn't sure. (He actually put me on hold and called the "other department" only to be told they were behind in processing contracts.)

He told me that I might end up on a wait list because he knew some BLT contracts had been purchased earlier that day. When I replied that part of the reason I was adding on right now was because we wanted to book a stay on points, he did say he would get back to me within a few hours if the purchase couldn't go through due to lack of points. Fortunately, he called back about 3 hours later to let me know that I had gotten the last points in my UY and they were being processed as we spoke. My CC balance indicated the charge went through that evening and I was able to access the points the next morning.

BLT is apparently no longer being actively marketed and the BLT incentives aren't as good as AKV or Aulani - no $500 gift card or anything - though I did get $7 off per point on my add-on.
I don't get what's going on. My guide asked me if we were needing to book a vacation soon...I should have said yes, but I said 'pretty soon...we're trying to figure out a big family trip and will need to book soon'. That's when she asked me to give it until Friday 1/25. She said the 'other department' was behind too. That's strange...up until now folks report getting their points right away (like you ended up getting).

We are trying to book a big family Xmas trip. We want to stay at AKV and I am now looking at AKV resales (been offering on a resale contract this weekend). We will need to book that ASAP...but if I add onto HH, I'll have to wait until 7 months out to book it. If I add on a resale at AKV, I need to have that contract go through now (as it takes 2 months or so) so that we can book before the 7 month window opens up. I won't buy AKV direct...no way...double the price. The contract we are trying to buy, the sellers made us a good counter offer and my dumb DH made me counter that to try to get them lower and they rejected it. I then asked if we could go ahead with their counter offer and they aren't replying (which I understand completely...it was just listed on Friday and they may get other offers, so why deal with us after we were trying to low-ball them). I thought it would be way easier to spend my money...it's been a strike out at every at bat (3 now).
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #20
Irishmom23
DIS Veteran
Some Tag Fairies are IRISH themselves! :-D

I inquired about an add-on at BCV in September with my guide and he told me points were available for my February use year. I was waiting for a bonus check and I didn't get it until October. When I called my guide back in October, he said he had to check inventory, which took a minute or so, and then stated I was all set. My points were in my account the next day.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #21
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl

I don't get what's going on. My guide asked me if we were needing to book a vacation soon...I should have said yes, but I said 'pretty soon...we're trying to figure out a big family trip and will need to book soon'. That's when she asked me to give it until Friday 1/25. She said the 'other department' was behind too. That's strange...up until now folks report getting their points right away (like you ended up getting).

We are trying to book a big family Xmas trip. We want to stay at AKV and I am now looking at AKV resales (been offering on a resale contract this weekend). We will need to book that ASAP...but if I add onto HH, I'll have to wait until 7 months out to book it. If I add on a resale at AKV, I need to have that contract go through now (as it takes 2 months or so) so that we can book before the 7 month window opens up. I won't buy AKV direct...no way...double the price. The contract we are trying to buy, the sellers made us a good counter offer and my dumb DH made me counter that to try to get them lower and they rejected it. I then asked if we could go ahead with their counter offer and they aren't replying (which I understand completely...it was just listed on Friday and they may get other offers, so why deal with us after we were trying to low-ball them). I thought it would be way easier to spend my money...it's been a strike out at every at bat (3 now).
Fingers crossed that something comes through for you. My guide did say that the waitlist would likely only be for a week or two if it came to that. Maybe that,s how long it takes if they exercise ROFR?

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
DizBub
Totally Addicted

We also inquired about BCV in May and were told that there were no points for our Feb UY. We found a perfect resale contract and bought that. Got a lot more points for the $$, basically saved nearly $7000 by going resale for the points we got.

Looks like Disney may be ROFRing more often in the future. I guess that will keep resale prices a little higher.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: