Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
jltdone
Mouseketeer

GF and CB

I am wondering if people stay at 2 resorts while they are there say 3 nights at 1 and then 4 nights at the other one. We like the price range of the beach caribbean and the inlaws want to stay at the grand floridian. So i am wonderinf if the magic your way thing will they move ur bags for u from one resort to another one or would we have to do that?
jltdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltdone View Post
I am wondering if people stay at 2 resorts while they are there say 3 nights at 1 and then 4 nights at the other one. We like the price range of the beach caribbean and the inlaws want to stay at the grand floridian. So i am wonderinf if the magic your way thing will they move ur bags for u from one resort to another one or would we have to do that?
They will move your bags for you. Just be aware, don't expect your bags to be at your 2nd resort until around 2-3 i the afternoon.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Just call bell services and they will transfer your belongings to the next resort. Remember to keep swimming stuff separately if you plan to use the hotel pool in the afternoon. It has been after 5pm before our luggage has been delivered in the past.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltdone View Post
Absolutely! We did a split stay last year between Bay Lake Tower and Caribbean Beach Resort. When you are ready to transfer resorts you can take your bags to bell services and they transfer them for you (this is a free service that Disney provides). Make sure if you have something that you will be needing to have it with you as your bags might not arrive until late afternoon or so. I believe we checked out of resort #1 around 11ish and they told us that our bags wouldn't be at resort #2 until around 3ish. The other way to transfer resorts would be to take a taxi over to your second resort.

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

We are doing our first split stay this summer with the BC and Poly. Your luggage will be transferred, and from what I've read that is no problem. You will need to extend your ticket days from your first stay (if you don't have APs and are doing a package vs. RO). A dining plan will also not transfer. I'm excited to try it out this summer...took a little more planning than usual, but it all seems to be coming together easily.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: