Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #31
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Nope, DD is 7 and over half the girls in her class have at least 1 set of holes. DD has just started asking about getting pierced and I explained the process and how she had to keep the clean and not lose stuff (she is VERY bad about losing stuff) and she said that she wasn't ready yet! Which is good, because I told her I would consider it when she was 9 or 10. Hoping she's a tiny bit more responsible by then .

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
tinkerbellfan6880
pixie

How in the world could a second piercing look trashy? I got my ears pierced the first time in sixth grade. I was going to do it fifth grade but I chickened out before I could ask my parents. I loved having my ears pierced didn't even feel it at all. Cause I loved it so much two weeks before I went into the eighth grade I asked my parents if I could get a second piercing. Heck even my aunt got her ears pierced a second time when I had mine done. Only thing I regret is that I didn't go and get them done at Claire's. Had them done at a jewelry kiosk in the mall. I see nothing wrong with a second pierce don't find it trashy at all.

2014 Reading Challenge: 21 out of 100 books

2013 Reading Challenge Completed: 92 out of 80 books read!
tinkerbellfan6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #33
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

I don't think it's trashy. If it is I'm very trashy because I have 7 in the left and 4 in the right. That being said, I only wear 1 pair of earrings now. (and the holes are all still useable)

Both my girls are pierced (4 & 15) once. They both love and wear earrings all the time, but I wouldn't let them get pierced again. Mostly for the reason that it's a trend (neither has asked BTW, so I didn't know it was till a fad) and it's a permanent procedure (I've had mine since high school) for a trend. My older daughter asked to have her navel pierced that was also a "no." Again, because it's a fad.

Any additional piercings or tattoos can wait until they are adults and can make that decision on their own.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Nope, DD is 7 and over half the girls in her class have at least 1 set of holes. DD has just started asking about getting pierced and I explained the process and how she had to keep the clean and not lose stuff (she is VERY bad about losing stuff) and she said that she wasn't ready yet! Which is good, because I told her I would consider it when she was 9 or 10. Hoping she's a tiny bit more responsible by then .
This was our situation too -- and tbh, I wasn't sure my DD would have stayed sitting to get the 2nd ear done if I let her do it. She was completely turned off the idea for a couple of years after she watched a girl her age having her ears pierced in a jewelry store. And that girl refused to get the 2nd ear done.

She got hers pierced at 9.5, and it turned out to be the perfect age for her.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Both my girls got their first (and only) piercings for First Communion, at age 7.

The subject of a 2nd piercing hasn't come up; neither is too fond of needles. When they do, the answer will be to ask me when they're 16.

And if they did sneak and do it behind my back, they would lose technology until the holes close completely. Not because of the 2nd hole, but because of the sneakiness. Not really anticipating that coming up though.

As to someone else's kids, that's their decision to make.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #36
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Nay from me. I think five is too young for any piercing, though I know many do not agree with me.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #37
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Imo, nay
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

I would let my daughter get a second hole if she wanted it--probably from 9 on but she doesn't. She had her first ones at 3 months so they were super easy to take care of, she never bothered them at all- much easier than a 5 year old who will touch them all the time!
My godson had his first hole in his ear when he was 5 and his second one (same ear) done when he was 7. He just wore two diamond studs though, nothing hanging.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: