Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #106
JackieO
Mouseketeer

How about an ATV/Beach excursion on Cancun, has anyone done that? Thoughts? I'm slightly concerned about the safety of being "off the beaten path" in Mexico. Is that just being silly? I've never been to Cancun.
JackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #107
missymoowhoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieO
How about an ATV/Beach excursion on Cancun, has anyone done that? Thoughts? I'm slightly concerned about the safety of being "off the beaten path" in Mexico. Is that just being silly? I've never been to Cancun.
I went on the dune buggies in costa maya and it was ok we all drove in a line to get to the beach plus our tour guides were very nice and helpful I would think cancun is close enought to there that u would be fine.
missymoowhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #108
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

anyone do Boatswain's on their own with an 11:30 tender time? doesn't seem long enough from 11:30-4:45 to get off ship, get to park and back
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #109
ctomblin
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great info! Keep all the wonderful tips coming.

ctomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #110
suziesas
Earning My Ears

Any reviews of the new pool at the playa Mia beach park? Wondering if it is worth it?

Last edited by suziesas; 01-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.
suziesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #111
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesas View Post
Any reviews of the new pool at the playa Mia beach park? Wondering if it is worth it?
I would love to know too. We have this excursion booked for 3/15.
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #112
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

We are looking for excursion reviews especially in Costa Maya & Cozumel.

I've already learned a lot from this thread. Hope people keep posting here!

I'm also wondering if anyone has booked Segway tours in either Costa Maya or Cozumel on their own, and if so, was there an age restriction at the older end of the age bracket? The Disney site has a cut off age of 65, so DH, who is perfectly capable of riding a Segway and has done so many times, would not be able to book this through Disney if they enforce the age policy.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #113
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

I am curious about the restrictions also. The Jeep excursion lists diabetes, hard of hearing, back, heart, etc. etc. - just curious if they are being overly cautious.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #114
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisx4 View Post
Grand Cayman
We did a jet ski excursion to Stingray City and Rum Point beach. This was a 10 out of 10. .
What company did you use to book the Jet Ski's? How long did you actually get to ride? And what was the price? Thanks in advance.

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #115
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

This thread is great! Anyone have any additional reports since March?
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Tiresius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #116
Bluestars
Smile and let the world wonder what you have been up to
I know I am strange, but you asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesas View Post
Our family just did this excursion earlier in the week. They have a large pool. The water was nice and it wasn't crowded at all. They have a water play area for smaller kids and some large water slides for the bigger kids.

On the beach they have multiple rows of beach chairs lined up. The stretch of beach is rather small though. There are two water trampolines and an inflatable climbing wall with a slide that are out a little ways in the water. You need to wear a life vest to swim out there. We took three teens and they said it was a long swim out there. They liked it though.

You can also use their paddle boats and kayaks. They had a pinata for the kids and a water balloon toss. The food is not that great, so don't go thinking there is an awesome buffet lunch. The drinks are free. My husband had two pina coladas and said they were good. We brought some one dollar bills to tip since they will bring the drinks to you.

There is also a row of hammocks to use. All in all, it was a nice day. I think it was much better than just going to the beach, but not nearly as good as something like an Atlantis excursion in the Bahamas. It looked like the kids were having a nice time.
Bluestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #117
Bunchof0rz
Angie 0rz

Subbing

Bunchof0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #118
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
anyone do Boatswain's on their own with an 11:30 tender time? doesn't seem long enough from 11:30-4:45 to get off ship, get to park and back
Anyone???

We had wanted to do "Island Tour with Stingrays", but that's not showing up as an option for our cruise. So now we are looking at Boatswain. It's $92 through DCL and $45 direct (and then a 20% discount). Why the huge price difference? How easy is it to do on your own?

Thanks!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #119
mrs.ariel
Mouseketeer

Chukka's Amaziong race

Has anyone done this in Jamaica? How many people to a team? My DH and I and our 2 friends might be interested in this as our day when Grandma and Grandpa take the kids....

mrs.ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #120
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymama View Post
I didn't personally do it, but my table mates (2 months ago) did and they raved about. They were a family of four/ 2 daughters aged 12 and 14.
Thanks that's a great help.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: