Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #136
tink1972
Earning My Ears

recent recreation schedule?

anyone have a recent recreation schedule? pool activities, movies, campfire? going feb15-18, might be too cold for pool but just checking!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #137
wickedgood
Earning My Ears

I'm heading to the Caribbean Beach Resort this weekend and I have some quick questions (It's my first trip to Disney, so bear with me!):

1. I didn't request a specific village. Is it too late to do that? If not, how should I do it?

2. The Banana Cabana does not serve food, correct? Can you get food "to-go" from the food court and bring it to the bar?

3. How much seating is there at the Banana Cabana? I'd like to watch the AFC Championship game there on Sunday night if possible.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #138
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgood View Post
I'm heading to the Caribbean Beach Resort this weekend and I have some quick questions (It's my first trip to Disney, so bear with me!):

1. I didn't request a specific village. Is it too late to do that? If not, how should I do it?

2. The Banana Cabana does not serve food, correct? Can you get food "to-go" from the food court and bring it to the bar?

3. How much seating is there at the Banana Cabana? I'd like to watch the AFC Championship game there on Sunday night if possible.

Thanks!
1) I would call and make your requests today.

2) You can get items from the food court to go. Simply ask the servers who will put a lid on your items and give you a bag to carry everything in.

3) I don't remember there being a lot of seating at the bar but there are lots of other chairs and tables around that you could possible watch from. I can't say for sure since we've never watched the television at the bar.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #139
nessz79
DIS Veteran

So happy to have officially booked CBR for this June! We'll be there for a short end-of-the-school-year trip, using up the last of our FL Weekday Seasonal Pass before it starts the blackout dates. CBR has a lot of nostalgia for me and my own family has been there once before. We are all looking forward to going in June as the last time we were there it was one of the coldest Decembers we remember having in Florida and we didn't get to enjoy the pool much at all (we had 1 day before it got cold and we spend a short time in the big pool).
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #140
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
So happy to have officially booked CBR for this June! We'll be there for a short end-of-the-school-year trip, using up the last of our FL Weekday Seasonal Pass before it starts the blackout dates. CBR has a lot of nostalgia for me and my own family has been there once before. We are all looking forward to going in June as the last time we were there it was one of the coldest Decembers we remember having in Florida and we didn't get to enjoy the pool much at all (we had 1 day before it got cold and we spend a short time in the big pool).
June will be a great time to swim and lounge around at the resort. They now show nightly movies and have marshmallow roasts (both weather permitting).

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #141
Wishes2you
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgood View Post

2. The Banana Cabana does not serve food, correct? Can you get food "to-go" from the food
court and bring it to the bar?

Thanks!
I just returned from CBR with my family last night. About a week before my trip I requested Jamaica 45 or 44 second floor. Our room was in 44 on the second floor. I hope your weather is as beautiful as ours. It was simply perfect.

As for the Banana Cabana...I believe there were about 10 chairs at the bar and a tv. There are also tables close enough to see the TV. They had the game on but we chose to go get our food and bring it to our room and watch Sunday's Patriots game. They had a movie over there right near the Banana Cabana during part of the game.

Wishes for a wonderful trip.

Jan. 2013 - CBR
Nov. 2006 - CBR
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #142
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Has anyone recently done online check in for CBR and noticed that it wipes out your room requests and it only limits to two requests now?

I previously called in and requested specific village/building due to the proximity to playground area but when I went to check in, it stated I had no room requests and only can select up to two. I can only select villages but not specify buildings.

Been waiting on hold for a CM to pick up the phone for over 20+ mins already, might hang up soon and call back another day.

Just wondering if anyone recently was still able to actually making specific building requests or not anymore with this new Disney website?!?!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #143
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
Has anyone recently done online check in for CBR and noticed that it wipes out your room requests and it only limits to two requests now?

I previously called in and requested specific village/building due to the proximity to playground area but when I went to check in, it stated I had no room requests and only can select up to two. I can only select villages but not specify buildings.

Been waiting on hold for a CM to pick up the phone for over 20+ mins already, might hang up soon and call back another day.

Just wondering if anyone recently was still able to actually making specific building requests or not anymore with this new Disney website?!?!
It has always been best to call and have your requests added to your reservation. Whether or not you do online check-in has zero affect on whether you get your requests granted.

Doing online check-in does not erase any requests you have added to your reservation by calling. You are unable to see any requests online that you have made. If you want to ease your mind, call and ask the CM to read to you any room requests on your reservation.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #144
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Pool area for children

I read somewhere that the pirate pool area is for kids 48 inches and under. My son is 49 inches. Are they strict about that one?

Also -- if someone has the most recent Mousesavers newsletter, could they please email it to lisaonhold at hotmail dot com?
Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #145
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa555 View Post
I read somewhere that the pirate pool area is for kids 48 inches and under. My son is 49 inches. Are they strict about that one?
In 4 trips to CBR, I have only seen them measure and remove one kid from the splash area. But, and I hate to say this, the kid deserved it. He was basically making it hard for the younger/smaller kids to have fun.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #146
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Good to hear. My 49 incher wouldn't do that! He's more polite than I am!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #147
Sigtau1312
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! Looking to possibly stay here next time we go!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #148
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

It has always been best to call and have your requests added to your reservation. Whether or not you do online check-in has zero affect on whether you get your requests granted.

Doing online check-in does not erase any requests you have added to your reservation by calling. You are unable to see any requests online that you have made. If you want to ease your mind, call and ask the CM to read to you any room requests on your reservation.
I already had called in my room requests, was just thrown off when now the new online check in also allows you to choose requests and it stated I had no requests. I knew I needed to talk to a CM to confirm but was on hold for 35 min when I typed my question last night and finally hung up. I am still 40+ days out so I will try to call them again another day.

The new site really makes things more complicated.... I needed to pay off my balance and nowhere could I find a link to pay it off. You would think they want to have a link on main reservation screen reminding people to pay. Needless to say, to pay on phone, it is a fully automated process that took over 10 minutes to go thru all the prompts! Just frustrating on top of the 35 min I was on hold for any CM to answer.

Oh well.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #149
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I already had called in my room requests, was just thrown off when now the new online check in also allows you to choose requests and it stated I had no requests.
Yep, that's normal.

Quote:
The new site really makes things more complicated.... I needed to pay off my balance and nowhere could I find a link to pay it off. You would think they want to have a link on main reservation screen reminding people to pay. Needless to say, to pay on phone, it is a fully automated process that took over 10 minutes to go thru all the prompts! Just frustrating on top of the 35 min I was on hold for any CM to answer.

Oh well.
That is a very common complaint ever since they decided to "enhance" their website.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #150
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

Best Room For Us?

I'll be there in June with my DS (7) and my mom (67). She's not technically handicapped, but she has artificial knees and doesn't move too well. I'm going to request a first floor room, and we're more interested in being close to the bus stop than OPR. I know we'll be walking a lot in the parks so I'd like to save whatever energy she has.

Any recommendations as to building?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: