Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Ideas for what to do after cruise in Orlando for one day

We are cruising on the Fantasy for Easter. I was originally planning on leaving Port Canaveral and heading home but may stay in Orlando for a night with my mom. I'm afraid that by the time we get off the boat it might not be worth hitting WDW since it's such a busy time of year. I do have some no expiration tickets though. I would love to go to Universal but am guessing that will be crowded too. We've done Sea World fairly recently. It will be me, my DD (9), my DS (8), and my mom. Any other ideas or suggestions?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
DakotaDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaneselover View Post
We are cruising on the Fantasy for Easter. I was originally planning on leaving Port Canaveral and heading home but may stay in Orlando for a night with my mom. I'm afraid that by the time we get off the boat it might not be worth hitting WDW since it's such a busy time of year. I do have some no expiration tickets though. I would love to go to Universal but am guessing that will be crowded too. We've done Sea World fairly recently. It will be me, my DD (9), my DS (8), and my mom. Any other ideas or suggestions?
Here are some things we have done: Cocoa Beach, Ron Jon's, Downtown Disney, rode the tram/boats around Disney World and visited some of the resorts we haven't been to, hung out at the resort pool and relaxed, and Spirit of Aloha (I think it's called) at the Polynesian. A neat luau in the evening with a great meal served family style.
*Disney Wonder 2010
*Disney Fantasy February 2013
DakotaDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

We recently did the "early walk-off" on a Carnival cruise, shuttled to get our car from a private lot and were in the WDW vicinity by 9:30 a.m. You should have plenty of time for the parks especially because one park would have EMH and you probably have a park hopper?
Other suggestions would be Cocoa Beach or Kennedy Space Center. Downtown Disney would be fun and you can visit the newly opened Splitsville for bowling and dining!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
manateesmom
Mouseketeer

We did Downtown Disney after getting off another cruise line, didn't want to fully commit to WDW (and DS was a toddler). Had a nice lunch, played with Legos, did a bit of shopping. Fun.

manateesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone. Would love to hit WDW, but it's a 9 out of 10 on the crowd calendar which might cause a meltdown with already depressed children (they don't like to get off DCL for some reason Also, I do the parks commando and would likely stress my mom and the kids out--especially since we would miss rope drop.

Downtown Disney might be a good option. We'll probably save the parks for another visit.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

Please no flaming Try Universal Studios open till 10 or 11 pm around that time.
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

http://www.discoverycove.com/Explore...wim+Experience

If you have any $ left.

Last edited by Bear3412; 01-17-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink Mini Golf Tournament

Hi there,

Just a thought, however what about the mini golf courses at Fantasia and Winter/Summerland at BB. All the courses are great fun and then off to Downtown Disney. That said my family would be trawlling the malls, my job is just to drive them and try and park as they snooze in betwwen shopping "highs"
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I was just about to suggest Discovery Cove. They limit the number of reservations on any given day, so the crowd issue is not there.

If you take your own luggage off the ship, you could be there by 9 or 9:30 depending on your choice of transportation.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: