Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #196
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I could live with that as my "woman" cave.

I thought it had it's own name. I was too sidetracked by the ceiling to hear what was going on around me. Pink is gorgeous too. You know the entire time we were on the Dream I never saw a single person in there! I went by it a good bit night and day. One time I saw the bartender polishing glasses but never a customer. I'm thinking I was on a ghost ship!
I've been on the Dream twice and never saw anyone with a drink in Pink (and I walked thru a lot). Skyline always had customers. It is my favorite bar, love the changing scenes.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #197
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
I've been on the Dream twice and never saw anyone with a drink in Pink (and I walked thru a lot). Skyline always had customers. It is my favorite bar, love the changing scenes.
I wonder why. That's so weird. They should make it a BBB. It's pretty enough. Skyline is very cool. We just went in there one day and sat to watch the changing cities. (No one in there either, but that was during the day while in Nassau.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #198
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

I'm only up to page 8 but wanted to sign on here so I don't lose this TR. We are doing a Dream cruise in November of this year for our 5 year anniversary along with about 8 of our friends. We just got off the Magic out of NYC around the same time you were on the Dream.

I am loving this TR and all your great photos. Can't wait to read more.

Linda

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #199
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Joining but better late than never!

We're taking our first cruise EVER in December to celebrate my DD's 15th birthday. We're (I'm) so freakin' excited, I couldn't wait to jump on here and devour all bits of info!

Thanks so much for your TR - especially the club pics and info! That's honestly what has the DD and FDSS (future darling step son) excited about going.

can't wait to see the rest.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #200
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
I'm only up to page 8 but wanted to sign on here so I don't lose this TR. We are doing a Dream cruise in November of this year for our 5 year anniversary along with about 8 of our friends. We just got off the Magic out of NYC around the same time you were on the Dream.

I am loving this TR and all your great photos. Can't wait to read more.

Linda
Our last cruise was a sailing with friends and family, then the Disney cruise was just our family. I missed having other people with us. It makes for much better dinner experiences with a crowd.

How did you like the Magic? I've never been on the older ships. I definitely want to check them out. We were supposed to take the Wonder to Hawaii, but had to cancel. School testing ruined it for us.

I'd love to see some of your Magic pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Joining but better late than never!

We're taking our first cruise EVER in December to celebrate my DD's 15th birthday. We're (I'm) so freakin' excited, I couldn't wait to jump on here and devour all bits of info!

Thanks so much for your TR - especially the club pics and info! That's honestly what has the DD and FDSS (future darling step son) excited about going.

can't wait to see the rest.
I'm probably halfway done. Still a good bit to go. December will be a fun time! They go above and beyond with the decorating. I am going to try and do as many as we possibly can this year. I want to see the older ships if a good deal comes out. Probably won't see many new FL discounts until the fall, but that gives us time to save up for it.

The kids are going to freak out when they visit the clubs! They are the best at sea in my opinion!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #201
OneTreeHillAddict

I love this hot weather!

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. It was in the 80's here in good ol' Myrtle Beach. I had to get out and enjoy every second because it won't last. January 14th and it's beach weather! Wassup!?

I left gasping over the pretty nightclubs on the Fantasy. I'm almost done with all of them. I do have one more, probably my favorite of them all. First we have to walk there...

You know the club hallway with the cool bathrooms on the Dream? Well Fantasy has the same layout. I think I might like the Dream bathrooms better in this area though. The dancers are a little out there for my tastes. Very well done though, and the tile detail is amazing. (It would just never fit into our castle, know what I mean?)

The shape and design I love! The doors look awesome too.

We're here!!!

1983-1986 was spent at a local theme park called Magic Harbor. It's gone now, has been for many years, but before they closed I spent a lot of time in this place. My friend's father managed it. They came from England. I don't remember all of the details now, but Tina and I still keep in touch via FB. Point is a lot of their friends came from England to work in the shows, they had some great shows, and she and I were always hanging out together. I could speak with the perfect English accent back then. The park had a huge English influence since they ran the place. There was even a little pub that served alcohol, yummy nachos, and other snacks on the corner of their "main street". The workers, who all resembled Duran Duran back then, would go in and hang out. When I first walked into The Tube it brought all of that back in an instant. I was back in 1984 watching the Duran Duran lookalikes guzzling down beer, while wishing my life were oh so glamorous. <---I never have and never will drink beer. Ew! I have come to realize that life was not very glamorous at all, but at the time...ahhh. Some of those boys were yummy.

In my teenage years I got very into punk rock music too, needless to say, still am. I could see the Sex Pistols chilling out at The Tube. Well, a cover band anyway. I just LOVED this bar! The bright colors, the English influence...bring it on!

I'm curious to know what this bar is like at night. Have any of you spent time in here? I would love some details.

You all know I love these!

This I want! Like right now, I need to have one.

I think I have room for more pics. I left a lot of stuff out. I mean, who wants to see 275 pictures of the same bar!? Probably not YOU. So, let's go ahead to the next one.

Skyline right? I love the atmosphere of this place!

I don't think I took a single picture of the skyline itself. Not sure why.

Got one of the awesome ceiling though!

Maybe this is the bar? I can't tell because the thumbnails are the size of a Disney counter service chicken nugget, and I'm half blind.

One more!

Okay there ya go. Tonight's update, all done. I'm going to go back now and finish up my photopass. I am in the process of deciding which of the 3000 pictures I will be putting in my Shutterfly book. Fun, fun, and more fun!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #202
mommameah
Earning My Ears

Looks like a great time
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #204
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Great report and I love all your pics. The Tube looks very cool. We travel on the real one all the time so it would be fun to visit the bar. The ticket design on the seats is very accurate.
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
DCL (Magic) - August 2013, Dover to Barcelona August 2015
Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #205
Kels Sem
Mouseketeer

Hi, your report is Fab! I am really enjoying it and I'm about half way through so far. Just wanted to say Hi. We are booked on the Fantasy in July 2014, its a long way off and it will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first one was the Magic in the Med in 2011.

Kelly
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #206
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Those nightclubs are simply amazing.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #207
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaHK View Post
Great report and I love all your pics. The Tube looks very cool. We travel on the real one all the time so it would be fun to visit the bar. The ticket design on the seats is very accurate.
Hi Lisa. Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels Sem View Post
Hi, your report is Fab! I am really enjoying it and I'm about half way through so far. Just wanted to say Hi. We are booked on the Fantasy in July 2014, its a long way off and it will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first one was the Magic in the Med in 2011.

Kelly
Hi Kelly. I'm so ready for our second Disney cruise. Not sure when or where it will be, but I'm totally looking forward to it. Sounds like you have a fun one in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Those nightclubs are simply amazing.
You have to go on one soon Kathy. I always had this "feeling" about the Disney cruises, like it was a whole different thing that I was in no rush to experience. I think my biggest turn off was the cost compared to other cruises. We could not afford a $5,000 3 night cruise. The rates are so much better now with 4 ships out and about. After experiencing the ships I think I might enjoy sailing more than the park experience. I still need a Fantasy cruise to be 100% sure of that though.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #208
OneTreeHillAddict

Animation at it's finest...part one!

Guess where I'm heading right now!

If you've sailed, or even considered sailing with Disney you know this hallway!

We are going to...

I think this has to be my favorite restaurant of them all. I like the decor of all of them, but this one, it's the most DISNEY! I love the chairs, just like the rest of you. If they were for sale I'd have six of them in a heartbeat. Before we head inside though check out the Christmas tree. Look closely at all the cute decorations. Absolutely adorable.

When we set sail on the Dream I had not researched a whole lot about it at the time. My only cruise ever booked was going to be on the Wonder so that was all I sort of knew at the time. I was expecting this restaurant to be the one that changed from black and white to color. I kept waiting and waiting for it to happen at dinner on our first night. Surprise, surprise. Wrong ship. LOL

I love everything decorated with a film street. Must be a photography thing. Not sure, but you see a lot of that here.

Love this for the table number. A little too cartoonish for my home though.

I like this color better.

LOVE!

They do sell the paintbrush spreader in the gift shop. I can't remember how much it was, but it was expensive.

I want the statue.

Without a flash....

Ceiling

One more before heading out...

I will say this restaurant reminds me a lot of the Living Seas show with Crush. That's probably the best way to describe it.

Continued in next post!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #209
OneTreeHillAddict

Continued...

Here are some more pics from our personal dining experience on the Dream. The photos from the previous post are from The Fantasy. You may have seen these already.

This is what they sell in the gift shop. Seems like they had plates and the knife.

Our table number

Christian's dinner...

Nikki's

Menu

Ceiling at dinner time

The food!

This sums up our AP experience!

On the way out...

Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #210
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Love the update, Tammy! I have to wait until September, but I'm already in love with this ship! I even had a dream about it last night...yikes. Lol!

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: