Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
PrincessCooper's Mom
Mouseketeer

Complaint

I have a friend that just booked a trip for her family. She booked 1 room under her name and one under daughters name with request that email not be sent to daughter because the trip was a surprise for daughters family. The next day her daughter hands her the confirmation that she received in her email and my friend still has not received confirmation in her email.

She was very upset and wanted to know where she should call or email to let them know that they ruined the surprise.

Does anyone have a phone number besides the 407WDISNEY or an email?

Thanks
PrincessCooper's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

That's terrible. Why did she give her DDs email, though?
Sorry I don't know who to contact.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Did she book on the web site or with a representative over the phone?
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
PrincessCooper's Mom
Mouseketeer

She booked over the telephone directly with Disney.

She called back yesterday and explained what had happened and they basically just said sorry.

But they told her the only email that was showing up on either reservation was hers and she told them that it went to email that she had asked specifically for it not be sent to and was told that it would not be a problem and she still has not received it in email they told her was showing on reservation.
PrincessCooper's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Your friend must have given them her daughter's email address. She only has one person to be upset with.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

yea your friend wont get far with complaining. Why did she give her daughters email if she wanted it to be a surprise?
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Your friend must have given them her daughter's email address. She only has one person to be upset with.
I'm not so sure, if the dau has ever been or signed up w/ Disney for anything and given them her email Disney would have it.
Disney has extensive priors for lumping inappropriate people into incorrect addresses. It usually gets reported in the context of someone who received an email/snail mail addressed to some stranger or ex - and wants to know if they can use the discount. Or people getting things in their maiden name despite being married and having updated Disney on the correct name years ago or not getting documents because they were sent to an address they last lived in a decade ago, despite having given Disney the correct address on the phone when they made their reservation.
I personally have received snail mail addressed to my mom from Disney at my home address (an address she has never used) and an email addressed to my son's ex GF to my email account (I'd taken her w/ us to WDW a few times - but never done anything to associate her w/ my email acct./address.) I called to complain about the latter and they basically said that it couldn't be fixed.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

You can try emailing wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

There isn't complaint number to call and a supervisor won't take the call just for something like this. They're really good about responding to the email though.

Just coming from what I've heard in the past, Disney doesn't do 'surprise' trips for people and they aren't supposed to assist in doing so (I'm sure this is the reason why). Everyone's information is supposed to be their own (like putting someone at another persons address so they don't get mail). That's probably the response that she'll get, but you never know.

I don't really know what else they could do, other than say sorry for the confusion. I know when I call the automated system always gives me my old information. I wonder if with all the funky system quirks if it kicked the email to the daughters email address even though they changed it?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
yea your friend wont get far with complaining. Why did she give her daughters email if she wanted it to be a surprise?
Please dont waste WDW time with a frivolous complaint. I mean...you gave them her email.......you had to know what ws going to happen....
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCooper's Mom View Post
I have a friend that just booked a trip for her family. She booked 1 room under her name and one under daughters name with request that email not be sent to daughter because the trip was a surprise for daughters family. The next day her daughter hands her the confirmation that she received in her email and my friend still has not received confirmation in her email.

She was very upset and wanted to know where she should call or email to let them know that they ruined the surprise.

Does anyone have a phone number besides the 407WDISNEY or an email?

Thanks
Unless she put the Daughters name and email on the room they wouldn't have sent her anything. Why would she not put the information under her own name with only her kids names as occupants but with her email and address as the contact.

It gives you the option of renting two rooms at once.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Why make a complaint? I don't understand. They've said sorry, even though, in my opinion if you give the email address, it's a no brainer for them to send an email confirmation and could be automatic when the booking goes in the system. If they've said sorry, unless they are after some sort of freebie, there is nothing more that they can do.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

She absolutely did not have to give them her daughter's email when booking (not saying she didn't). I booked both my room and my in-laws room all with my info and only gave their actual street address-- not once did I give their email. Well, since they have an account with disney (which I didn't sign them up for) all the bookings I did went to them anyway, even with me being in control of all and even mine. None is a surprise so no worries on that.

To top things off now, when I call, the automated system has half of my info correct as mine and half as my in-laws.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
She absolutely did not have to give them her daughter's email when booking (not saying she didn't). I booked both my room and my in-laws room all with my info and only gave their actual street address-- not once did I give their email. Well, since they have an account with disney (which I didn't sign them up for) all the bookings I did went to them anyway, even with me being in control of all and even mine. None is a surprise so no worries on that.

To top things off now, when I call, the automated system has half of my info correct as mine and half as my in-laws.
That thing has always been a PITA and rarely gets the right information even if everything else is exactly correct. Don't trust that hokey robot lady.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

I agree that she most likely did not give the e-mail address. Disney knows everything about you. When I booked our trip yesterday it asked me if an address I haven't lived at for over 10 years (and never lived at when I booked a Disney trip) was my correct address.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

That thing has always been a PITA and rarely gets the right information even if everything else is exactly correct. Don't trust that hokey robot lady.
Agree ! .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: