Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #46
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsmickeymouse View Post
Yay! I can almost hear the relief in your post! I am happy for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post
Apologies to you Seaspray, my post did come off as witchy. The way you wrote in your OP about watching your cat die in front of you, and switching off shifts with your DSs sitting with Mushu
because you needed a break, my mind went a running and I just wanted poor Mushu to not have to suffer.
I truly am glad for you and your family that he is doing well now that things are "moving". That laxatone stuff is like a miracle goo for cats!!! Again, my apologies for being insensitive to your situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
Glad the cat was seen by a vet & is going to be ok. But in the future, if you think your cat is dying & you are faced with watching him die, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take him to the Emergency Vet at Tufts in Grafton, MA or one closer, I provided the info to you up thread in post #21. Open 24/7/365. They are never closed. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=21

There is no reason to ever be sitting there watching your pet die & waiting 12 hours to be seen by a vet.

Keep the emergency vet info handy. No need to call first. Just get in the car ASAP & drive there. Walk straight in with pet & they take them IMMEDIATELY! There are absolutely wonderful there.

Thank you

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #47
robinb
DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo! I'm glad he's OK.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #48
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Like Pepto Bismol for cats!

We do take her regularly for her check ups & shots, and they did have her on something years & years ago for the vomiting but could never find a thing wrong. They actually attributed her frequent vomiting back then to the fact that when DSs were small they'd hover over her while she ate, so she's gobble it up too fast. Not sure if that's true or not but she did stop the frequent vomitiing once the kids stopped bugging her while she ate!

She's eating, drinking & going to the bathroom just fine. She has her check up in 2 weeks, where I will be sure to tell them. They did some kidney testing a few years back & found nothing, maybe its time to re-do that.

Did we ever hear back from the OP?
Sulcrate is a lot stronger than an antacid. It is a whitish prescription liquid that is given to people who have ulcers. It is usually given in conjunction with something like Pepcid or Zantac to control gastro ulcers. At her age, she probably has a kidney insufficiency. Blood work will give you a better picture of what is going on. Really if you can bump up that appointment, I would take her in sooner. Vomiting blood or pink tinged fluid is not normal. I'm so passionate about this subject because my poor cat had this problem for many years. I was terrified the first time it happened. The sulcrate and meds helped him to be much more comfortable.
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #49
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Super.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #50
dancersmom
Earning My Ears

I am so glad your cat is okay. We lost a cat to a

bowel obstruction - it was horrible. Did the vet suggest feeding your cat pumpkin? We have a cat - Izzy - who gets constipated from time to time. We give him 1 tablespoon of canned pumpkin every night and that takes care of it. Good luck with your furbaby!!!
dancersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #51
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Did the vet give you any guidance as to how to prevent constipation from occurring?

The PP suggested pumpkin...or maybe you can give Mushu a dose of that Laxatone stuff once a week as a "maintenanace" program to keep things "moving along" as they say. Maybe take a look at Mushu's food...animals, like people, sometimes need different things as they age...their bodies begin to slow down, react differently to stuff that maybe has been fine for all their life.

Just some thoughts to discuss with the vet now that this episode seems to be moving in a positive idrection.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: