Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer

Apps at T-rex?

Are they large enough to be a meal? in particular the nachos? also I was considering the french onion soup. My hubby really wants to try this place, not my ideal meal, but he is ever so patient with my Disney obsession.....I gotta give in somewhere!

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies

MyKidsMom1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
mfulk
Mouseketeer

I think the quesadillas, nachos & flatbread are all big enough for a meal.
mfulk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
Coaliesquirrel
Earning My Ears

I haven't been to the TR @ WDW, but we have one locally, and I actually really like going there. Not exactly an answer to your question, but their coconut chicken tenders are WONDERFUL! DH and I often get their appetizer sampler (trying to remember - I think coconut chicken, nachos, fries, cheese sticks, quesadilla - maybe more) which is about $15 here is more than enough food for the 2 of us fairly big eaters. DD *loves* going, and we really kind of like it too! It's very cool to look at, and it's one of the few places the wait with DD isn't bad because there's so much going on around to entertain her! We went to Rainforest Cafe (also locally) and it was TERRIBLE, but the food at TR is much better. The entrees are a bit more than our usual going out budget, but we always enjoy whatever we order.
Coaliesquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
ImpossibleOfMe
Mouseketeer

Ive gotten the quesadillas as a meal - but nobody got the nachos. Assuming by the size of the quesadillas and nachos at other restaurants, I'd guess they are enough for your meal, especially if meat is added.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Yes! Their apps are VERY big! Last time we were there DH and I made a meal out of the Sampler and there was food leftover. The bruschetta is great! As are the onion rings.

We've also made a meal of the nachos and the onion rings.

I think 2 people would be satisfied with the nachos and soup.

Also, you can order a side / 1/2 rack of ribs w/out all the sides etc. We've done that a couple times too. Their ribs are VERY tasty!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Looooove the nachos. Last time DH and I ate there I just got nachos (which we shared) and he got the best steak of the trip. The plate of nachos they took away after we were finished could have fed the family next to us! The other app we like is the mozzarella one. It is not as big and we sometimes order 2. if we are sharing. But really good. We go there every trip. And we are all adults. Also IMO RFC might be a little better foodwise. But Trex is great!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
disneygirl2012
Earning My Ears

How does the dinning an work at trex or rainforest cafe. Do they have a different menu. Or can you choose anything?
disneygirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
funkbucket007
Incinerate

I've never ordered an app there BUT I can say that if it's anything like their entrees, it'll be more than enough. I'm a 6' 4", 250 lb. firefighter and I couldn't finish the double cheeseburger. It was great, just enormous.
"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us." - Walt Disney

Me DW DS/11 DS/7

funkbucket007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl2012 View Post
How does the dinning an work at trex or rainforest cafe. Do they have a different menu. Or can you choose anything?
I think you are asking about the dining plan...? If you are, it's the same menu that everyone orders from. There is no special menu. Hope that helps!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

The appetizers (and entrees for that matter) are pretty big, so as long as you're not a huge eater I could definitely see one being a meal. We're going back there in April and DH and I plan to split an appetizer and split an entree for the two of us.
librarygeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Yeah, the apps are huge. I could definitely see eating one for your dinner or making meal out of splitting a couple of them between two people. I love the bruschetta and I've heard that the flatbread is good too.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: