Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #766
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Natalie - This IS the Magic (or the Wonder, they look the same) so the kids can swim/slide here in 29 days!!
I can't speak for the Magic, as we have not been on her yet, but I'm pretty sure the Mickey slide on the Wonder ends in the Mickey pool. It is not next -to-it-but-separate, like the one in the picture.

On our Wonder cruise, there were plenty of parents in the Mickey pool, most with their little ones, but some not. In fact, when we first got on the ship there was on couple in the Mickey pool that seemed to think they were on the Love Boat. Definitely was not a "family friendly" scene.
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #767
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
I knew I wasn't crazy because I found that Disney Cruise folder and then I couldn't find it again later for the life of me. I'll have to go look some more to make sure I got everything I wanted.

Boy, I need this vacation so bad, the past two weeks have been the worst ever. My husband's grandpa passed away on Jan. 4 and then my grandpa passed away yesterday. I'm just plain exhausted and tired of crying and need to get away so badly. I am so thankful for something happy to look forward to and distract me a little.
So sorry for your loss I've lost both of my parents and grandparents over the years, so I can definitely relate to the sadness. It really does help to get busy with something, so I'm sure that getting ready for the cruise will just be the answer.

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #768
nickiB
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry for all that loss all at once..The vacation will do u good!
And me..I love coming on here to help get me excited!! 28 days!!
I'm wondering about the magnet exchange...Is that part of the FE gifts or seperater..or both. Can someone explain? Thanks in advance..xoxo
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #769
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

I'm sitting here at work, listening to Island Time radio on Live365, daydreaming about the cruise and completely blissed out. I can smell the coconut rum from here....

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #770
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
I can't speak for the Magic, as we have not been on her yet, but I'm pretty sure the Mickey slide on the Wonder ends in the Mickey pool. It is not next -to-it-but-separate, like the one in the picture.

On our Wonder cruise, there were plenty of parents in the Mickey pool, most with their little ones, but some not. In fact, when we first got on the ship there was on couple in the Mickey pool that seemed to think they were on the Love Boat. Definitely was not a "family friendly" scene.

Hopefully that doesn't happen on our cruise!

Natalie

Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #771
nickiB
Earning My Ears

Fatfish..We had similar experience at Coronado hotel at DW...MUCH worse though..there was a college spring break party at pool and hot tub...some had to get carried away in wheel chairs. I was once on an NCL cruise like that as well. NCL took appropriate measures to resolve our unhappiness...When I wrote a letter to Disney they said sorry and that was all. :-( I still love Disney though.
Hopefully this cruise will be free if these shenanigans. haha
Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #772
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiB View Post
Fatfish..We had similar experience at Coronado hotel at DW...MUCH worse though..there was a college spring break party at pool and hot tub...some had to get carried away in wheel chairs. I was once on an NCL cruise like that as well. NCL took appropriate measures to resolve our unhappiness...When I wrote a letter to Disney they said sorry and that was all. :-( I still love Disney though.
Hopefully this cruise will be free if these shenanigans. haha
I pointed the couple out to several cast members, but they did nothing. I honestly think they did not know what to do. So, I got in the pool while dd went down the Mickey slide. I ran back and forth across the pool splashing and yelling to dd. I did my best to make the pool as unromantic as possible. Luckily, other ppassengers were joining us at the pool at the time, and were equally rambunctious. It didn't take long after that for the couple to leave.

Me dd
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #773
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish

I pointed the couple out to several cast members, but they did nothing. I honestly think they did not know what to do. So, I got in the pool while dd went down the Mickey slide. I ran back and forth across the pool splashing and yelling to dd. I did my best to make the pool as unromantic as possible. Luckily, other ppassengers were joining us at the pool at the time, and were equally rambunctious. It didn't take long after that for the couple to leave.
That is awesome! Who wants to get romantic with a bunch of kids around anyway?!?! Um, hello adult pool??? Or better yet - rainforest room steam shower! ;-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #774
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Stephanne- I am so sorry for your losses!

The slide pic is Wonder. The new "Aquaduck" water slide is only on Dream and Fantasy. The slides on Wonder and Magic are geared to young children. I will try to find another cool ship pic to post later when I have more time.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #775
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Galveston fog in Jan / Feb delaying embarkment/disembarkment

Hi all:

Has anyone else seen this thread?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046725

Don't want to alarm anyone, but anyone travelling via their own air the last day of the cruise might want to check that their trip insurance covers "missed connections".

We're not affected because we fly out the next day.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #776
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02
Hi all:

Don't want to alarm anyone, but anyone travelling via their own air the last day of the cruise might want to check that their trip insurance covers "missed connections".

We're not affected because we fly out the next day.
Holy moly! That is a thread full of cranky people! I dread reading the posts from people who were delayed getting ON the ship! I'm definitely glad we heard about this. DH and I have already planned extra activities to do with our girls should we be delayed on departure day. we're fortunate to be driving so wont have to worry about rebooking anything. One thing is for sure, there would've been three missing passengers for a 10:30pm safety drill! They would've had to come hunt us down in our beds!

This makes me think of that sailing several years ago that couldn't sail into PC because of a hurricane. They came to Galveston to stock up on supplies but no one was allowed to get off the ship due to customs issues. They ended up extending their cruise by several days. Is it wrong that I would consider that a good thing?!?!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #777
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

OBC - Tips

My question was answered on the main board so I will just say ... yahoo 29 more days!

Last edited by I❤MICKEY; 01-18-2013 at 12:41 AM.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #778
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Pic-of-the-day!!! I'm surprised no one else has jumped in yet. The other cruise meets I've done have always done a count down with daily photos to drive us mad with anticipation... Please feel free to share your Disney pics!
Castaway Cay
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #779
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

[QUOTE=elmo2200;47226272]Pic-of-the-day!!! I'm surprised no one else has jumped in yet. The other cruise meets I've done have always done a count down with daily photos to drive us mad with anticipation... Please feel free to share your Disney pics!
Castaway Cay

Ok, I'll jump on the bandwagon. All my pics have people in them though and the last time we sailed was on the Dream so it's a little different but still makes me want to be back onboard NOW!

Gotta love Animator's Palette! And no, we do not make a habit of letting our children jump on their chairs during dinner, I promise. This was during the show and they told everyone to do it!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #780
fatfish
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Luet02;47224331]Hi all:

Don't want to alarm anyone, but anyone travelling via their own air the last day of the cruise might want to check that their trip insurance covers "missed connections". QUOTE]

Y'all, Texas winter weather is very unpredictable. We can have 80 degrees and fog one day, and 33 degrees and sleet the next. While it is rare for Galveston to get as low as 33, its been about that overnight all week in Houston, which is where the airports are. Dallas was shut down by freezing rain earlier in the week. February is usually nicer weather than January, but the fog happens in warmer weather, not the cold weather. Many days the weather is beautiful 60 - 70 degrees, but anything is possible. I'm just saying to be prepared for any type of weather, and any complications it could cause. And bring your coats.

Me dd

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: