Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #91
mhartel1
Mouseketeer

I cancelled my ADR for April as well. I originally had a lunch ADR which was 1 credit, but they changed it to 2, so I went back to dinner. Then the new menu, so not worth it, so I cancelled again.

I made one for Coral Reef. I have never been there, but hope the food is good.
mhartel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #92
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
That stinks that the lunch Mushroom steak went from $25.99 to $46.
We pay OOP. There is no way I can justify such a jump in prices. Can't believe they did this. :

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #93
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Well, this sucks. I have never been to Le Cellier, have a lunch ADR for February, but now I'm considering canceling. The Prix Fixe was such a good deal that we were just planning on doing that, but I don't think I want to pay those dinner prices for a lunch meal. Ugh. I think I'll keep my ADR until I make up my mind.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #94
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If the moose is on the kids' menu it doesn't mean adults can't order it. You could ask for it as your DDP dessert and if they won't allow that (it doesn't seem a good deal for 2 credits either) just buy an extra one.

For a long time the moose wasn't on the kids menu. People freaked out when their kids couldn't get it on DDP.
Thanks for the info

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #95
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Boo for doing this Disney! I'm gonna miss that hamburger.

Anyway, maybe this explains something that I came across last week that surprised me. A friend of mine was going to be in Disney this week, and I was helping him with dining reservations. I was surprised when when I saw that I could have snagged him a reservation at Le Cellier for both 11:50 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. I remember a time when LC booked up months in advance.

If people start cancelling their reservations left and right and they don't fill up the restaurant, they will hopefully re-evaluate this decision.

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #96
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Just back from WDW last night, didn't do Le Cellier this trip but this wouldn't stop me. I think their food is excellent..if I want to eat somewhere, I eat there. In fact, this trip we opted out of dining..even tho I had a pin for free dining and actually-it was quite liberating. If we wanted an appetizer, we had one. Didn't feel we had to have dessert. I think Disney portions are ridiculous mind you ..way too big.

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #97
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE4DISNEY View Post
We pay OOP. There is no way I can justify such a jump in prices. Can't believe they did this. :
Bigger steak..
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #98
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post

Anyway, maybe this explains something that I came across last week that surprised me. A friend of mine was going to be in Disney this week, and I was helping him with dining reservations. I was surprised when when I saw that I could have snagged him a reservation at Le Cellier for both 11:50 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. I remember a time when LC booked up months in advance.

If people start cancelling their reservations left and right and they don't fill up the restaurant, they will hopefully re-evaluate this decision.
Surprisingly-the burger wasn't a big seller, until folks heard it was going lol
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #99
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

I have a March lunch reservation. I'm thinking about cancelling. I'd hate to miss out on my favorite soup, but who wants a big heavy steak at noon? Not me. We are on the dining plan, but were planning to pay OOP for this lunch. Not sure it's worth all that cash at this point. One menu is fine, but how about some lunch-type options on the menu?
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #100
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I have a March lunch reservation. I'm thinking about cancelling. I'd hate to miss out on my favorite soup, but who wants a big heavy steak at noon? Not me. We are on the dining plan, but were planning to pay OOP for this lunch. Not sure it's worth all that cash at this point. One menu is fine, but how about some lunch-type options on the menu?
The soup at Biergarten is very similar, if you are just going for the soup. It doesn't have the bacon, but everything else tasted almost exactly the same to me. Just throwing that out there in case you wanted an alternative. Oh, and with it being Biergarten, you know that there is plenty of pretzel bread!

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #101
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
The last few times we went at lunch just for the burger.

I've gone to Le Cellier enough that I don't need to go again with the changes.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #102
Tormania
Mouseketeer

OK, I need some folks to help explain some stuff for me. Now I will readily admit that I've only been to WDW once back in 2004 and at that time I was not aware of the DP and my objective when I went was to have a good time at Disney and dining was nowhere on my radar.

Fast forward to now and I am fully aware of the DP and the "need" for ADR made 180 days, yada, yada, yada. And I enjoy a good deal and good food and for a few years I have heard that LC was a MUST to do cause it was a great value and all the other hype that has been lavished upon them. And I had wanted to eat there based on all of this info.

But especially now that LC is now a 2-credit meal via the DP regardless of lunch or dinner, a single menu for lunch or dinner, I'm surprised at the number of folks that up in arms over this. I've never eaten at LC so I can't speak personally of the quality of the food, ambiance, etc...but I can understand cost. And unless you are from a small town I'm sure there are plenty fo quality steakhouses at home that are less expensive if a steak is a must have item you need to eat. And I'm sure there are plenty of other nice places to eat at WDW.

But I can't imagine that folks would travel across the country to go to WDW, get hotel stays and park tickets and all the associated costs for all of that, for the main goal of getting a particular meal at a particular restaurant. That is one expensive restaurant IMHO.

I know folks have their favorites and having that change is a major bummer, I've had that happen to me before at local places and menus/prices change and it does affect your decision to go there anymore.

But if your trip is decided by where you are eating and how much it costs then your goals for going to WDW is much different then my goals.

Just MHO and not meant to disparge those that are truly upset. I'll never get a chance to eat at LC because of these changes ( I won't pay that for lunch or dinner at WDW) and thus simply means there will be another restaurant we will be trying instead, too many to able to try in a single trip anyway so this just helps to simply things for us.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #103
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormania View Post
OK, I need some folks to help explain some stuff for me. Now I will readily admit that I've only been to WDW once back in 2004 and at that time I was not aware of the DP and my objective when I went was to have a good time at Disney and dining was nowhere on my radar.

Fast forward to now and I am fully aware of the DP and the "need" for ADR made 180 days, yada, yada, yada. And I enjoy a good deal and good food and for a few years I have heard that LC was a MUST to do cause it was a great value and all the other hype that has been lavished upon them. And I had wanted to eat there based on all of this info.

But especially now that LC is now a 2-credit meal via the DP regardless of lunch or dinner, a single menu for lunch or dinner, I'm surprised at the number of folks that up in arms over this. I've never eaten at LC so I can't speak personally of the quality of the food, ambiance, etc...but I can understand cost. And unless you are from a small town I'm sure there are plenty fo quality steakhouses at home that are less expensive if a steak is a must have item you need to eat. And I'm sure there are plenty of other nice places to eat at WDW.

But I can't imagine that folks would travel across the country to go to WDW, get hotel stays and park tickets and all the associated costs for all of that, for the main goal of getting a particular meal at a particular restaurant. That is one expensive restaurant IMHO.

I know folks have their favorites and having that change is a major bummer, I've had that happen to me before at local places and menus/prices change and it does affect your decision to go there anymore.

But if your trip is decided by where you are eating and how much it costs then your goals for going to WDW is much different then my goals.

Just MHO and not meant to disparge those that are truly upset. I'll never get a chance to eat at LC because of these changes ( I won't pay that for lunch or dinner at WDW) and thus simply means there will be another restaurant we will be trying instead, too many to able to try in a single trip anyway so this just helps to simply things for us.
So what is it that you need explained to you? I don't see any questions in your post.

I didn't read one post in this thread that said anyone's trip was being decided by where they will eat or how much food costs.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #104
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I want to go and try some of this stuff on the menu. But I don't use DDP and everything I want to try is an appetizer. I think I'll still go. If I used DDP I wouldn't even consider going.

WDW, and even Epcot, has tons of other restaurants. If you're priced out of Le Cellier you will just pick another one, not cancel your entire trip. But I get the frustration with what many considered an excellent value being removed. And I think Disney did it in part to REDUCE the demand for this particular restaurant.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #105
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I loved not being on the dining plan...had not one ADR and still ate at great places, Narcoosee's, California Grill, Kouzzina, Chefs De France, Tutto Italia..had the op at Be our Guest but wasn't feeling great so nixed it. People get way too involved in this dining arranging. It's a vacation..such angst

JMO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: