Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

No passport?i

i spontaneously booked our cruise the other night and just now realized one person in our party does not have a passport, and two have expired ones. I did read the Sticky on passports and I THINK our cruise is a ' closed loop". Can someone confirm, we are doing the 4 night Bahamian on the Dream. Can we go with just our license and birth certificate????
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Yes you'll be fine. We are going on our 8th cruise next month and we just got passports last year because we flew to Cancun. Just make sure they are official because copies are not accepted.
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

Second that. You'll be just fine with photo ID and birth certificates. We've been on 3 of those cruises using these same 'documents' as proof of citizenship. Relax. No worries. YOU'RE GOING ON A DISNEY CRUISE!
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
DakotaDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post
i spontaneously booked our cruise the other night and just now realized one person in our party does not have a passport, and two have expired ones. I did read the Sticky on passports and I THINK our cruise is a ' closed loop". Can someone confirm, we are doing the 4 night Bahamian on the Dream. Can we go with just our license and birth certificate????
Yes, you can. However, it is my understanding that if you would have some type of emergency that would require flying back into the U.S. you would need a passport to enter that way. How long until your cruise? It took us 2 weeks to get our son's new passport (his had expired).
*Disney Wonder 2010
*Disney Fantasy February 2013
DakotaDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

"Closed Loop" means you start and end at the same port--you leave from Port Canaveral and come back TO Port Canaveral. You do not need a passport for this cruise.

An example that is not a closed loop would be the Panama Canal cruise--you start on one coast and end up on the other....or the trans-Atlantic where you start in Galveston and end up in Barcelona
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

If the June cruise in your signature is correct, you have plenty of time to get new and replacement passports. The regular turnaround time is 4-6 weeks, expedited is 2-4 weeks. We just applied for regular service for DS to sail on the WBPC in May.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
If the June cruise in your signature is correct, you have plenty of time to get new and replacement passports. The regular turnaround time is 4-6 weeks, expedited is 2-4 weeks. We just applied for regular service for DS to sail on the WBPC in May.
Also, they seem to be running quick right now. I got ours (all 6) in 2 weeks and we didn't do expedited. I saw several threads on here where people were saying the same thing. So you do have time if you choose to do so. I know it is very individual, but I prefer to have passports just in case we do ever need to fly home. Be it someone is sick, someone gets hurt or someone at home needs us/ is sick/ hurt etc. Have a great trip!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the replies! Perhaps I will look into getting one, then maybe I can look into going away somewhere! About how much will one cost??

Also, when you say "original" birth certificate, does that mean the one you were born with, or can it be a duplicate? Years ago I lost all my identity and had to get new Social Security cards, birth certificates, etc. It is not a copy, as in a photo copy, but its not the original certificate. Would that be okay? It has the raised seal.
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post
Thanks for all the replies! Perhaps I will look into getting one, then maybe I can look into going away somewhere! About how much will one cost??

Also, when you say "original" birth certificate, does that mean the one you were born with, or can it be a duplicate? Years ago I lost all my identity and had to get new Social Security cards, birth certificates, etc. It is not a copy, as in a photo copy, but its not the original certificate. Would that be okay? It has the raised seal.
Original means from the county or state, with a seal. Mine looks like a photocopy, but it isn't as it has the seal/stamp.

If you have an expired adult passport, you can send in for one (form online). It costs $110. If you do not have an expired one, or if it for a child, you must apply through a passport processor (county or some post office branches) and it will cost $25 plus cost of passport ($110 if over 16, $80 if under 16).

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

By original birth certificate they mean

A certified copy, one that has a seal or raised stamp or other official marking. Every state is different in how they mark official copies.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: