Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Talking Dreamy Spring Break 4/20/14

We have moved our Thanksgiving 2013 cruise to a B2B Spring Break cruise 2014.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Our First cruise - Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1/29/11
Second Cruise - Western Caribbean Cruise 1/21/12
Loriekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Hello, fellow cruisers! Coming aboard after moving from a December 2013 date. I think I'll stick around here.
This will be my family's second cruise, our only other cruise being on The Dream last May.Loved it! Even booked the same cabin. Can't wait!
If I may be so bold, I am going to attempt to organize the Fish Extender Exchange. The kids really enjoyed it. If anyone has suggestions or helpful hints, please jump in.

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Fish Extender Exchange Information

What is a Fish Extender?

Every stateroom has a fish or starfish hanging on the wall outside the door. This is part decoration and part message center. The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room.

On the DISboards discussion forums, it is very popular to participate in a Fish Extender exchange. This entails having a fish extender hanging off the fish outside your room. If you aren't sure how the exchange works or the size and shape of a fish extender be sure to visit the links below. A fish extender can be made of cloth, plastic or vinyl. It can be very creative or very simple. If you don't care to create your own Fish Extender, you will find many auctions on EBay where one can be customized for you.

All the people in the exchange buy little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received.

Helpful Threads

Link to our Fish Extender Sign Up Sheet

Please add yourself. Information needed is:
  • Cabin number (of course)
  • Name of those in the cabin
  • Their ages
  • Favorite characters ( some people like to make personalized gifts for each person)
  • If anyone is celebrating anything special during the cruise. (again, some folks may leave a little something extra)
You can distribute your gifts at anytime during the cruise. Only one day of gifting is required. You may spend as little or as much as you like. The good rule of thumb is to give something you yourself would enjoy getting. Most of all, have fun with it. It's great to be creative with your gifts and to go shopping for things, but don't let it consume your time and finances.

Let's close the sign up for the Fish Extender on March 8th. Many people make their gifts and/or mail them to the ship so the deadline is important. You may still sign up if you have a GTY and are waiting for a cabin number. Just add the number when you get it, but please sign up before the March 8th deadline.

Last edited by MaleficentRN; 01-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Thank you!!!

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN
Hello, fellow cruisers! Coming aboard after moving from a December 2013 date. I think I'll stick around here.
This will be my family's second cruise, our only other cruise being on The Dream last May.Loved it! Even booked the same cabin. Can't wait!
If I may be so bold, I am going to attempt to organize the Fish Extender Exchange. The kids really enjoyed it. If anyone has suggestions or helpful hints, please jump in.
Welcome!!! This will be our 3rd & 4th but first on the dream. Never did fish extenders on our other cruises

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriekins View Post
Welcome!!! This will be our 3rd & 4th but first on the dream. Never did fish extenders on our other cruises
You're going to love it. Especially your little guy. My DS is the one that got us on the first cruise because he wanted to ride the Aqua Duck so bad.
Now he's really excited to go to The Edge on the next trip. He won't have to wear the stupid wristband. Maybe they can hang out together?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
You're going to love it. Especially your little guy. My DS is the one that got us on the first cruise because he wanted to ride the Aqua Duck so bad.
Now he's really excited to go to The Edge on the next trip. He won't have to wear the stupid wristband. Maybe they can hang out together?
I'm excited to try the aqua duck! lol My son never did the groups either cruise. He hangs out at the basketball court. He's a big basketball fan, plays most the year. He liked the idea of another boy his age! He still text with a boy from our last cruise.
Where are you guys from? We live in Michigan.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

We are in Philadelphia. Not a huge fan of winter weather and an April cruise is just the thing to keep me going. Like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Now I just need to get through this winter, which I really can't complain about so far.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are in Philadelphia. Not a huge fan of winter weather and an April cruise is just the thing to keep me going. Like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Now I just need to get through this winter, which I really can't complain about so far.
I have a cousin just outside of Phillly. Went there a few years ago. We loved downtown Philly!
I totally understand about not being a fan of the cold weather! That's why the past two years we took cruises in January! With our son now in middle school that's no longer an option.
Hasn't been a bad winter but I'm already for spring.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Sure is lonely with just the two of us. Did you get a lot of snow this week, Lori? We dodged the Nor'Easter and only had ice this morning that has since melted.
Thinking of doing the Castaway Cay 5k. Never ran before. Figured I have plenty of time to train.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sure is lonely with just the two of us. Did you get a lot of snow this week, Lori? We dodged the Nor'Easter and only had ice this morning that has since melted.
Thinking of doing the Castaway Cay 5k. Never ran before. Figured I have plenty of time to train.
I know! Hopefully soon more will join.
We only got about 6 inches or so. Nothing like out east. Good you guys didn't get it either. I could walk it but don't think I could run it. Good for you!

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Easter Baskets

If you are like me, you are a huge overplanner. It must be my nurse mentality.
I've been investigating what to do about Easter baskets on the cruise. At this point I am thinking I'll have baskets for the kids waiting in our cabin. This is what I have found so far:

You can order from Disney Cruise Line
Here it is now, about five weeks from Easter 2013 and they have a couple of things on their site.

$29

$24

Many use The Perfect Gift
AKA Gift Baskets by Shirley. A local florst that can deliver gift baskets and flowers to your cabin before you arrive.The baskets are custom made and can cost as much or as little as you like. Here are some examples:

$50

$45

If you are staying in WDW pre cruise I have heard some of the resorts have pre made baskets there. Or the Easter Bunny can hop over to the store and pick up what he needs.
Here are a couple of stores near WDW:

WALMART SUPER CENTER
3250 VINELAND ROAD
KISSIMMEE
(407) 397-1125

SUPER TARGET
3200 ROLLING OAKS BOULEVARD
KISSIMMEE
(321) 677-3971

Here are some stores that are close to Port Canaveral:

WALMART SUPER CENTER
2700 CLEARLAKE ROAD
COCOA, FLORIDA 32922
321-639-1610

PUBLIX GROCERY MART
2301 STATE ROAD 524
COCOA, FLORIDA 32922
321-636-2583

Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

I read a forum the other day about what people were doing for their Easter cruise. I don't have a clue what I will do. Those baskets are cute & hopefully others (whenever people join) will like looking at the info you put on there.
At 12 1/2 when we cruise, I don't think my son would like one of those. Anything I can think of he would like he wouldn't be able to use on the ship, like xbox stuff. If we didn't go down a few days earlier before the cruise, we could do Easter gifts before we left.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriekins View Post
I read a forum the other day about what people were doing for their Easter cruise. I don't have a clue what I will do. Those baskets are cute & hopefully others (whenever people join) will like looking at the info you put on there.
At 12 1/2 when we cruise, I don't think my son would like one of those. Anything I can think of he would like he wouldn't be able to use on the ship, like xbox stuff. If we didn't go down a few days earlier before the cruise, we could do Easter gifts before we left.
I'll probably have Shirley baskets made for each kid. They won't want any stuffed animals or beach toys. They really love chocolate, though (they get that from me ) so I'll just have candy in their baskets. That's what we'd have at home anyway.
My big dilemma is what to do about Easter services. Right now I'm thinking we'll stay at Hyatt MCO and go to vigil mass at Queen of the Universe on Saturday night or stay at WDW and hope they have services at CR next year. Or maybe stay near PC and go to either mass at a church near there. I gotta let it go and worry about it later this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: