Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
wyorunner
Earning My Ears

Cant post in rent/trade

Is there any particular reason I am unable to post a rent points ad in the rent trade forum?
wyorunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
wyorunner
Earning My Ears

I believe it is because my post has to be validated. Or at least that's what the rules I found said. If I am incorrect I'd love to know what's up!
wyorunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
AveryandLilysmom
Tigger and Pooh Fan

Assuming you mean that you want to start a new thread with a post to rent points from a DVC owner?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are unable to post an ad because this is no longer allowed in the rent/trade forum. You can only reply via post or private message (PM and only after you have made a certain number of posts) to ads that offer points for sale. Once upon a time you could post a "reservation wanted" post, but again, I believe this is no longer allowed and the moderators who review the posts likely remove any posts that don't comply.

Hope that helps.
Aug 2008 Pop, Sep 2009 Poly, May 2010 WL, October 2010 MGV, WWOHP trip, February 2011 CR, October 2011 Dolphin/Sheraton Vistana, October 2012 AoA/OKW, June 2013 CBR, October 2013 AKV, Kidani, January 2014 Disneyland Resort, April 2014 HIVC Orange Lake, October 2014 DCL Disney Wonder, March 2015 HIVC Orange Lake, Universal/WWOHP

Ever think you are there so often you should just move in?

AveryandLilysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

New threads submitted to the Rent/Trade Board do not immediately appear. They go into a Moderation Queue where they are reviewed by board moderators for content and posting requirements.

The Moderation Queue is usually reviewed several times each day, but it can take up to 24 hours for a new thread to appear on the board. If your thread does not appear, please review the posting rules for a possible reason why before contacting a moderator.

Note also that those who purchase one of the payment plans must wait for the appropriate icon to appear under their screen name before posting.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: