Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #841
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

My FE group only has 2 cabins, besides my own, as of today. Our cruise is May 2... My question is: when do people usually start signing up for the FE exchange... This is my first cruise and I have so many ideas and hope more people join
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #842
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
Has anyone joined the FE only to have a second one open later, and then switch from the first to the second? Just curious
I've had multiple groups on a cruise, but I just joined both. Didn't want to leave anyone out. We didn't have anyone switch from the 1st group to the second I don't think.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #843
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
I've had multiple groups on a cruise, but I just joined both. Didn't want to leave anyone out. We didn't have anyone switch from the 1st group to the second I don't think.
I want to do that, too...I am just not sure if anyone will get peeved at me for doing it. I am not able to give big fancy gifts, but I have plenty to share with everyone. Shall I go for it?

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #844
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
My FE group only has 2 cabins, besides my own, as of today. Our cruise is May 2... My question is: when do people usually start signing up for the FE exchange... This is my first cruise and I have so many ideas and hope more people join
You tend to get a big influx after the paid in full date. And then for some reason A DAY AFTER THE CUTOFF! It NEVER fails! You set a cutoff date and then you get a slew of folks wanting to join right after. (So I always make a few extra to accomodate stragglers.)

I also find that the shorter cruises during the school year tend to have much smaller FE groups (unless they are special cruises like the DVC or DiS cruises). The biggest FE I've had are the special cruises, like the 10 night Christmas cruise.

Don't worry, I'm sure that more folks will pop up.

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #845
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I want to do that, too...I am just not sure if anyone will get peeved at me for doing it. I am not able to give big fancy gifts, but I have plenty to share with everyone. Shall I go for it?
That's totally fine with me! The more the merrier IMHO. But maybe just post and ask if you can join both. I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. I mean it's you that's got to lug all the stuff and keep the two lists straight right?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #846
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
That's totally fine with me! The more the merrier IMHO. But maybe just post and ask if you can join both. I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. I mean it's you that's got to lug all the stuff and keep the two lists straight right?
True! Well I will ask and see what happens...I hate to rock the boat (pun intended)

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #847
scrap disney
Earning My Ears

Note to attach to lifesavers? Any suggestions??

Hi everyone,

I am cruising in March. I picked up some packages of Lifesavers to use as part of my fish extender gift. My plan was to make Disney wrappers to cover the rolls of lifesavers. A few years ago, I made wrappers to cover chocolate bars and there was someone on the DIS who designed the wrappers. Well, I have searched and searched and it appears that no one makes Lifesaver wrappers anymore. I should have checked this before I bought all these rolls of Lifesavers!! Anyways, so now I want to attach a cute little note to each roll of Lifesavers but I can't quite think of anything. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. (My DH just rolled his eyes when I asked for some suggestions from him!!)

Jody
scrap disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #848
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap disney View Post
Hi everyone,

I am cruising in March. I picked up some packages of Lifesavers to use as part of my fish extender gift. My plan was to make Disney wrappers to cover the rolls of lifesavers. A few years ago, I made wrappers to cover chocolate bars and there was someone on the DIS who designed the wrappers. Well, I have searched and searched and it appears that no one makes Lifesaver wrappers anymore. I should have checked this before I bought all these rolls of Lifesavers!! Anyways, so now I want to attach a cute little note to each roll of Lifesavers but I can't quite think of anything. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. (My DH just rolled his eyes when I asked for some suggestions from him!!)

Jody
You could post a special request to one of the Dis-igners to make something for a lifesaver roll, I think it's a very cute idea! Post back here if you do find something, please.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #849
scrap disney
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the suggestion. I will put a request in. I just hesitated because the amazing people who create all the signs and stuff just seem to get so many requests - I didn't want to bother anyone. I thought I could maybe think of a cute little note that related to cruising on my own but I am not too creative!
scrap disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #850
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I will put a request in. I just hesitated because the amazing people who create all the signs and stuff just seem to get so many requests - I didn't want to bother anyone. I thought I could maybe think of a cute little note that related to cruising on my own but I am not too creative!
sent you a PM.
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #851
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1
Guess what?! I was in our Ikea today and they have a FE!! It's three pockets, absolutely the right size and dimensions, and the pockets would be easy to embellish to Disney-ize them!!! It's called PYSSLINGAR.

Isn't that great?!
It was also pretty reasonable - about $10.
Just had to share!
Thank you so much for posting. I am not crafty and had no idea what I would do for our fish extender. I went to our local Ikea today and picked this up for $4.99. I'm going to cut off the tassels and cover the existing trim with some Disney ribbon. In the end it will cost less than $10. Thank you again.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #852
jodi90
Mouseketeer

So many great ideas!! I'm a bit overwhelmed about what to make. Hopefully I come up with something soon. We cruise in just a little over a month
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #853
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Jody
I made lifesaver wrappers for our FE, send me a pm and I will send the file to you.
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #854
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Deleted post because I found what I was looking for. :-)
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy

Last edited by dgmommie; 01-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #855
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone

okay, love LOVE the key chain idea. we have several of them and I just yesterday put most of them out to good will, but that would be the best idea so we can always remember but not have to use a lanyard. any chance you would share with me how you did it? I tried looking close at your photo but I can't get in close enough.
dh would think this is the best.......
your brilliant!
Sorry for the delay. I was looking back through thread and saw this.

I cut the lanyards into strips. Cut complimentary color 7/8" ribbon for back. Ironed 7/8" heat-n-bond on back of ribbon. Then ironed ribbon on the back of the lanyard strip. Used either glue square or E6000 to hold two end together to make a loop. Clamped the hardware over the end.

I got the hardware from eBay Search key fob hardware.

The biggest expense is buying the lanyards if you don't have them. I wish I could find the Good Will you donated to. if anyone has a abundance of lanyards they want to donate (or sell cheap)- I would love them

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: