Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
lgajohnson
Mouseketeer

Houston/Galveston pre/post cruise hotel suggestions

Just thinking about taking advantage of KSF out of Galveston. We are DCL gold member, but we have never been out of Galveston. Could any of you make some suggestions about hotels in the area? Either near the port or near the airport...transportation etc? Any information is greatly appreciated!!!
lgajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
jlynch924
Mousin' Around

Are you going to have your car? We just stayed at the LaQuinta west on Seawall. With our stay, we had cruise parking for the week for only $20 and a shuttle to port. The hotel is pretty centrally located, and while it's undergoing some renovations, rooms were nice, clean and comfy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Snow white 5
Earning My Ears

I just asked the same questions we are flying in the day before the cruise and I'm thinking of doing the transfers to the boat but we don't fly home until the day after the cruise so I'm not sure what to do about transportation or what to do that day. Any help would be great.
Snow white 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

We drove to Galveston and stayed at Country Inn & Suites. If you enroll in their Club Carlson on their website, they send offers frequently. We ended up with a great rate for pre-cruise. Honestly can't remember if they offer cruise parking, but their desk staff was great, just give them a call to find out. (We used the pier parking because my dad is a disabled vet and therefore his parking was complimentary.) The hotel has a great location, a straight shot across the island to the port. And if you have a room facing the seawall, on the morning of your cruise, you can walk out on your balcony and see the ship in port!

If you use Disney transfers, they put you up at Hotel Galvez, which is a short walk down from the Country Inn. The resort entrance is impressive, but we all agreed we had a better view of the pier, Gulf, roller coasters, and SHIP!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Harbor House Hotel. I checked ahead of time and was told that there was a free shuttle to the terminal. When we checked in that night around 8 PM, the desk clerk told us that the first available time for the shuttle was 1:30! We had a PAT of 11:00, so no way was this going to work. She said we could take a taxi or walk. It was 45 degrees that morning and a bit windy, but we opted to walk. I timed it--10 minutes exactly at a somewhat leisurely pace. A continental breakfast with pastries, cereal, juice, and coffee was included. No real protein source, though. There are many restaurants in walking distance of the hotel.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
suziesas
Earning My Ears

We probably won't arrive at the harbor house until 730 at night. What is the best restaurant to walk to with a little three year old?
suziesas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: