Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Two questions....Pizza & Beds (Fantasy)

How do you know if your room has a pull-out couch or the bunk beds?

Where can you get Pizza if you get munchies on the cruise? I looked on the Disney Fantasy ship plans on the Disney Cruise site, but couldn't find a snack place on it (besides the coffee shop), I could have sworn there was a place that had Pizza/sandwiches?

Thanks!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post

Where can you get Pizza if you get munchies on the cruise? I looked on the Disney Fantasy ship plans on the Disney Cruise site, but couldn't find a snack place on it (besides the coffee shop), I could have sworn there was a place that had Pizza/sandwiches?

Thanks!!
Yes, there's a pizza place on the Fantasy. Sorry, don't know the name of it, and it seems (according to the DCL website) the only quick serve places are on the Magic and Wonder .

The quick serve locations are on the pool deck. So that's where it would be.

All rooms have a queen size bed. And a sofa bed (usually not a typical pull-out type). It's like a pullman bed, the back folds down on top of the seat. There may also be an upper pull down bunk. Some rooms (the ones that hold 5 guests) will also have a murphy bed that folds out from a wardrobe type piece of furniture.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Thanks....I found this http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...ng.htm#counter that shows counter service on the Fantasy. I thought it was odd that it's not listed on the website. Can anyone verify that Flo's Cafe and Eye Scream frozen treats are indeed on the Fantasy...and an idea of how late they are open? Thanks!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Thanks....I found this http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...ng.htm#counter that shows counter service on the Fantasy. I thought it was odd that it's not listed on the website. Can anyone verify that Flo's Cafe and Eye Scream frozen treats are indeed on the Fantasy...and an idea of how late they are open? Thanks!
They are on the Fantasy. The quick service venues are actually listed on the DCL website, under the ship, but within the pools link, then click on the more information, and it tells you about the fast service offerings.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

On the Fantasy and Dream they are on Deck 11 on opposite sides of each other from the midship elevators. Eye Scream on port side and quick serve on starboard side. I know ice cream was avaialble until 11 pm or midnight. Not sure on quick serve hours.
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Niebz
DIS Veteran

I remember pizza being open till at least 11 pm on the dream - maybe midnight. You can also order pizza through room service 24 hours a day.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
They are on the Fantasy. The quick service venues are actually listed on the DCL website, under the ship, but within the pools link, then click on the more information, and it tells you about the fast service offerings.
Thanks for the verification...I swear I clicked on every link, but I guess I didn't think to look under pools for counter service!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
On the Fantasy and Dream they are on Deck 11 on opposite sides of each other from the midship elevators. Eye Scream on port side and quick serve on starboard side. I know ice cream was avaialble until 11 pm or midnight. Not sure on quick serve hours.
Thank you!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Yes, Flo's and EyeScream are on the Fantasy and are open at least till 11 pm. After that, pizza is available from room service 24/7.

Flo's is starboard side, EyeScream is port side on the pool deck, midship.

All rooms have the queen bed (sleeps 2) and the flip sofa (sleeps 1). If the cabin sleeps 4, it will have the ceiling bunk or murphy bed, (most have the bunk) and if it sleeps 5 it will have all of the above.

They will NOT book a family of 4 into a 3 person room no matter how old (or young) number 4 is.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Pizza is also available from room service.

sambycat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
setablaze
Earning My Ears

OK. So we are in rooms 2040,2042 and 2044 Fantasy. Do any of these have the fold down bunk from the ceiling w/the starry sky???
setablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #11
setablaze
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks!!
It has been my experience that EVERYONE has been recommended to call DCL for specific questions about stateroom accomadations and what they include/dont include. DONT trust the website......call for specific anwsers!!!!
setablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by setablaze View Post
OK. So we are in rooms 2040,2042 and 2044 Fantasy. Do any of these have the fold down bunk from the ceiling w/the starry sky???
This is what I was wondering....we have cabin 10074, deluxe family w/veranda that sleeps 4-5, I was just curious which kind of extra beds to expect. It's just me and DH, but I imagine DH or I will end up on the extra bed, because we are BOTH bed hogs and normally sleep in a King Sized bed.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Thanks for the verification...I swear I clicked on every link, but I guess I didn't think to look under pools for counter service!!

Thank you!
I know, not very intuitive!!! You're very welcome!

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: