Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
The DVC villas will never look like the resort rooms at that particular resort. Because the villas are often almost 100 percent occupied year-round, the goods Disney uses in the villas need to take more abuse than their resort counterparts. If you will be disappointed that the villas don't look as fresh as the resort, then stay on the resort side.
Plus, all renovations at the DVC villas are paid for by member fees, not by Disney. So they happen less frequently. And they are strongly themed. Meaning they don't look like the W Hotel on Michigan Ave in Chicago. They look like Gramma's beach house at the shore, or Grandpa's cabin in the woods or strange uncle's apartment in NYC (BLT).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post
I love BWV. In fact, I'm planning a trip in April and even though I'm staying at Beach Club (my DVC home), I keep thinking I'm staying at Boardwalk. I hope I don't forget and try to check in at the wrong place!

I honestly haven't noticed anything bad about the rooms at BWV, but that depends on how much time you plan to spend in the room. I spend most of my time on the balcony anyhow.

Speaking of balcony, you DO need to consider location of room/view. I've stayed in:
1. Boardwalk view = awesome, right over Big River Grille, upper floor = not too noisy..."fun" vacation noise
2. Garden-Pool view = if overlooking the big pool, it can get a bit noisy during the afternoon, but it is "fun" vacation noise. Sometimes you can see the pool, other times just tops of trees. I like it.
3. Garden-Pool view = if overlooking the quiet pool, it is a really far walk to the elevators. HOWEVER... you are 30 seconds from the quiet pool and the hot tub. I found this to be marvelous after a long day at the park.
4. Garden-Pool view = if overlooking the canal + Swan/Dolphin. Very pretty view, yet avoid like plague! Friendship boats going to and from Hollywood Studios honk right outside your window as they round the corner. Sounds charming...until the 50th time you've heard it before noon.

I've never stayed at standard view and doubt I will. They go quickly and since I do like to sit on the balcony a lot, I don't want to overlook the driveway and luggage station.
FYI - these are views for DVC reservations. CRO typically only offers standard view online but it ends up being garden/pool. CRO reservations rarely get boardwalk view.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilm View Post
Thanks DebbieB! We are looking at a studio villas. So the rooms aren't run down at all? I am very particular about my accommodations and this will make or break my vacation!!!!!!
I haven't been there since August 2010 but I didn't like the rooms there that much (stayed in 1 BR). I thought they seemed dated. Not old and gross but just dated looking. I much prefer AKV or BLT.

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
pammydw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilm View Post
My family and I are planning a WDW vacation. Some of them haven't been to Disney before and I want their time to be magical! Has anyone been to the Boardwalk Villas lately? How are the rooms? I've read that they need to be renovated? Is this true? PLEASE help!!!
My family and I just stayed at the BWV in October and loved loved loved the room. Was it super fancy? No. But it was clean and everything worked. We are planning our next trip back and are having a hard time deciding whether to stay somewhere else or go back to the BWV. We loved it there! Very Old World charm!

Pam Chris: Lucy
Boardwalk Resort October 2012
Contemporary and Polynesian March 1983
pammydw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

We're owners at BWV...

The upholstered furniture in our one bedroom villa was unacceptable. Filthy dirty and frayed. I wouldn't sit on that couch if you gave me the room free. I called housekeeping and they sent up someone to replace the sofa back, cushions and sides. Carpet was frayed. Bedroom and bath were fine. Kitchen was NOT clean-the grout was almost black! I was disappointed by condition of the villa this time.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
FYI - these are views for DVC reservations. CRO typically only offers standard view online but it ends up being garden/pool. CRO reservations rarely get boardwalk view.
The standard view offered by Disney Reservation Center (cash reservations, not DVC) is the same as the preferred non-BW view. Those comprise about 60% of the villas. Preferred BW View and DVC Standard view are each about 20% of the villas and are reserved for members on points.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #22
shelbikans
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Boardwalk last year and it's one of my favorites! The rooms were nice, although I have stayed in nicer at other Disney Resorts but it was clean. There is so much to do at night. We spent all night at the boardwalk watching the performers, watching the fireworks at Epcot and then going to Atlantic Dance Hall. It's all right there, not to mention it's a short walk to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot or you could take a boat. I would highly recommend staying at the Boardwalk, definitely one of the best!
shelbikans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: