Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #16
Gupbrat
Earning My Ears

DH booked one on Valentine' s Day at the POR desk like 4 years ago! It was nice to see both resorts and our horse was one they used for the Headless Horseman in the MNSSHP! I thought that was very cool!

CBR- Jan 31- Feb 5, 2013 (myself, DH, DS 21, DS 16) plus 2 other families!
POP- March 15-20, 2011 (myself, DH, DS 13)
OKW- Mother's Day Trip May 8-12, 2010 (myself and sister)
POR- Feb 13-20, 2009 (myself, DH, DS,17, DS,11)
Boardwalk Villas- Sept 25-30, 2008 (3 sisters, younger DS, and 2 DN's)
Boardwalk Villas March 10-14 2006 (younger DS, sister, DN, best friend)
AsSports-OKW- March 2005 (whole family)
AKL- Nov 13-17, 2002 (DH and I, 10th anniversary)
OKW& AsSports - Oct 2001 (whole family)
OKW- Nov 1999 (myself, DH, oldest DS)
Coronado Springs- Jan 1998 (1st trip with 3 sisters)
Gupbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

I had read on the WDW site that this was $45 per person, not per carriage ride. Do people know that to be true?

Also...I see that we are able to reserve carriage rides well in advance (like ADRs), but my question is - are reservations that far in advance really necessary? Unlike restaurant ADRs, I was hoping the horse-drawn carriage around POR could be something we check into no earlier than the day of our arrival. Do most people on these forums actually reserve these far in advance, or keep it to more of a spur-of-moment delight?
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by retlaw_yensid View Post
I had read on the WDW site that this was $45 per person, not per carriage ride. Do people know that to be true?

Also...I see that we are able to reserve carriage rides well in advance (like ADRs), but my question is - are reservations that far in advance really necessary? Unlike restaurant ADRs, I was hoping the horse-drawn carriage around POR could be something we check into no earlier than the day of our arrival. Do most people on these forums actually reserve these far in advance, or keep it to more of a spur-of-moment delight?
We just did the carriage ride in April for DH's birthday & we reserved it when we checked in. No problem got the time for that same might. We paid $45 for the 2 of us not per person for the half hour ride. We were staying at POR. We had the option of touring POR or POFQ & chose to see POFQ. The ride was amazing & Laurie was a fountain of information. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
Angieandsteve
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by retlaw_yensid View Post

We just did the carriage ride a little over a week ago. It was definitely $45 for the whole ride. We charged it to our room. I reserved ours a little over a month before we arrived and the times were open however we heard multiple people asking if times were available when we were there and they were all booked. Of course we were there during a super busy time so I suppose depending on when you are going that could change. To be safe I would book something in advance if it is something you really want to do. It was very relaxing and the grounds are beautiful.
Angieandsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the replies! It helps!
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #21
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I already have this booked for our anniversary in Sept!! Driving over to POR from CR just for this!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: