Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

So great to see your post. I am having the same dilemas myself. I don't where to stay.

medhdd8ds16 dd19
http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #17
jfoster
Earning My Ears

Well, it's official. We switched from POR to YC today. BC is booked; only Lagoon Rooms were available the 2nd week in May, and they were quite pricey. I think the YC pool won us over in the end between it and BW. We really were torn...but in the end, I think the convenience factor triumphed. Last year at AKL we would leave and not return until late at night bc a simple return trip to the room would have taken forever in travel time. I thought we would be in the same situation with POR and the buses, where we would be in a position where we would not feel the added travel hassle would be worth the trip. I think we will be happy..I like the thoughts of being closer to all of the action!!!! Thank you all so much for your valuable insight!
jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
jfoster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
So great to see your post. I am having the same dilemas myself. I don't where to stay.
Oh no! Where are you thinking of staying??
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster
Well, it's official. We switched from POR to YC today. BC is booked; only Lagoon Rooms were available the 2nd week in May, and they were quite pricey. I think the YC pool won us over in the end between it and BW. We really were torn...but in the end, I think the convenience factor triumphed. Last year at AKL we would leave and not return until late at night bc a simple return trip to the room would have taken forever in travel time. I thought we would be in the same situation with POR and the buses, where we would be in a position where we would not feel the added travel hassle would be worth the trip. I think we will be happy..I like the thoughts of being closer to all of the action!!!! Thank you all so much for your valuable insight!
Yay! Have a great trip!
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster View Post
Oh no! Where are you thinking of staying??
I was originally thinking POR, but have since thought it over and think BC. I am like you they all look so nice. I think BC will be better with EPCOT so close, I love that park.

medhdd8ds16 dd19
http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
jfoster
Earning My Ears

It's a difficult decision, I know for sure. Ultimately, in the end, convenience won us over. Last year, we would depart from AKL in the am and not return until after 10:00 because it took a lot of energy to travel back and forth. We knew that if we stayed at POR, that we would be in the same situation where returning mid day if needed probably wouldn't happen. We are trying a more reasonably priced, deluxe (YC) that is super convenient. If we find that we truly are people that love being in the parks and that we are not at the resort enough, then the next trip we will do a moderate. It's hard to say what kind of Disney vacationers we are without experiencing both! Good luck in your decision! (And we have heard that the pool at YC/BC is AMAZING!) With 3 boys, they will love it!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #22
Dis703
DIS Veteran

If your boys are pirate fans check out the Albatross Treasure Hunt Cruise from the BC & YC. I signed my 4 year old up for it. They take the kids by themselves on a treasure hunt into Epcot. The reviews were great.
Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster View Post
I think you are going to be thrilled with your decision! I love PO (have only stayed FQ), but the BC is my home away from home and there is just something so special about staying in the Epcot area. And your kids are going to LOVE SAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
If your boys are pirate fans check out the Albatross Treasure Hunt Cruise from the BC & YC. I signed my 4 year old up for it. They take the kids by themselves on a treasure hunt into Epcot. The reviews were great.
My boys did this a few years ago and had a great time! They went on the one out of the GF, but they are all similar. Definitely go for it!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #24
jfoster
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=momto3gr8boys;47231546]I think you are going to be thrilled with your decision! I love PO (have only stayed FQ), but the BC is my home away from home and there is just something so special about staying in the Epcot area. And your kids are going to LOVE SAB.

Thanks for the reassurance! I think that we will really enjoy being near two of the parks....Can't wait to experience it! Walking distance to 2 parks will be great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: