Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
npealer
Mouseketeer

Will I regret if I change my Value Resort?

We are currently planning on staying at ASMu (standard room) next week. My IL's also have a room booked there. My two cousins who live in FL will be meeting us for a couple days to visit and do the parks. They were not able to get the ASMu and are staying as ASSp. They asked for me to link my ressie to theirs so we can all be together. Will I regret if I move? Is it not really that big of a deal since all the values are next to each other? If I moved my ressie it would would both my IL's ressie and mine. Can I even do this? I've already done my Online check in. Never stayed on site so I am not really sure if this is a big deal or not

DL/CA- Too many to remember
WDW-Jan 1997 Offsite, April 2003 offsite, November 2005 offsite, Jan 2013 AS Music

npealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

I am not sure you could link the reservations at this point. You are staying in two different locations. Although it is just a short walk across the parking lot to the other resort. We really enjoyed Music and would go back. One evening we got off of the bus at Sports and walked from their bus stop back to our room at Music and it really wasn't that long of a walk.

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Jasperann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by npealer View Post
We are currently planning on staying at ASMu (standard room) next week. My IL's also have a room booked there. My two cousins who live in FL will be meeting us for a couple days to visit and do the parks. They were not able to get the ASMu and are staying as ASSp. They asked for me to link my ressie to theirs so we can all be together. Will I regret if I move? Is it not really that big of a deal since all the values are next to each other? If I moved my ressie it would would both my IL's ressie and mine. Can I even do this? I've already done my Online check in. Never stayed on site so I am not really sure if this is a big deal or not
Quite honestly, your cousins will have more opportunities to do Disney World so I wouldn't change a thing. Stay where you are. The cousins are at the Sports so all you need to do is coordinate via cell phones and have them walk over to the Music (or you over to the Sports, whichever you prefer) and meet up each day. Simple as that. Plus, they aren't going to be there the entire time so why change YOUR total vacation for just a few days to accommodate them?
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

You will be about a 5 minute walk from each other. It isn't far at all - especially across the parking lots.

Some rooms at Music are closer to Sports' or Movies' main buildings than their own. Don't worry. You don't need a car or bus to get to each other. You will be able to walk easily. Enjoy your vacation!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

No, I would not change my resort choice for someone else.

You could switch and end up with rooms further away from each other.
The most I would do is request the building that is closest to Sports (building 3) and tell them to request the building closest to Music (building 8). Unless of course I had an attachment to a different building, then I'd do nothing.

Since you said you've already done online check-in, you probably can't switch to their resort without paying a change fee at this point anyways.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: