Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #46
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Seriously losing patience here-this isn't a POR specific issue
I wonder if it is. We stayed at Pop Century our first 2 trips to WDW and were happy with how clean the room was (and I am a bit of a neat freak due to my kids' allergies and asthma--I wipe everything down and so forth myself). We then stayed at POR our next 2 visits and had dirty rooms both times and problems throughout our stay as well. Our room literally had a line of caked dust around the whole periphery and rolls of dust on the shelves, mold in the shower and on the curtain, glitter, crayons, and cherrios all over when we checked in...I could go on. What makes it worse, we have to get a special cleaning based on some allergy and other health issues. I never could get anywhere on my own. My wonderful TA had to interject on our behalf and speak to the mgr, and we never got any kind of room credit, although once we got a small gift basket (although it contained allergens my kids couldn't eat). I try not to make waves and really dislike having to be confrontational, but it was pretty bad. The resort has beautiful landscape (one of the big apeals to me), but we won't be giving it a 3rd try. Best of luck. I hope you are able to get the situation resolved and enjoy your stay.

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
BusyMom2Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #47
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
What makes it worse, we have to get a special cleaning based on some allergy and other health issues. I never could get anywhere on my own. My wonderful TA had to interject on our behalf and speak to the mgr, and we never got any kind of room credit, although once we got a small gift basket (although it contained allergens my kids couldn't eat). I try not to make waves and really dislike having to be confrontational, but it was pretty bad.
There has been more than one post from people recommending asking for the special cleaning, as a way of getting a really clean room. Not because they had anyone with health issues. This is one of those things that I wish Disney did but was not made public knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if the requests for special cleanings are now way out of hand, and not made out of a true medical need.

Not that that is what I think you did at all. I think maybe you are a victim of houskeeping getting sick of having to do special cleanings. It is pretty bad that they knew you had allergy issues, and then sent you a basket that was full of those allergens.

Last edited by maxiesmom; 01-16-2013 at 02:12 PM.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #48
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

OP thanks for sharing about the condition of your room, I totally understand. The worst room we've had at WDW was at the Poly! I honestly wrote my name in the dust on the table 5 minutes after we arrived, and it was still there when we left. Wouldn't suprise me if it was still there now This thread has already given me some great tips for our trip next month. I always wipe down things with Clorox wipes (DH thinks I'm dopey ) and now I'll be bringing Lysol spray, some Dawn, and some dishcloths from home. I always wash our mugs in the room with HOT water and soap because the mug wash stations don't have soap or hot water, at least I've never had any.

OP I hope your room conditions improve and that you and you're family have a magical time!
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP Century 10/2011, CBR 2/2013
SplashMtnCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #49
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Hotels comforters are laundered, on average, every 3 months. I know this because I used to work in the hotel industry for a while. One of the hotels I worked at had comforters and then underwent refurbishment and had duvets after. Many hotels are going to duvets because they are cleaner and easier to launder.

I do blame POR partly for this. Housekeeping issues aren't like bus issues where they can occur at any resort since drivers' routes are moved around. To my knowledge, housekeepers at one property generally only work at that resort. The 8 days we were at POR, we had the same housekeeper every day and she was sub-par. When we first walked in the room after checking in, there were crumbs on the rug by the AC (stayed there all week. vaccuum? nah!), rings from drinking glasses on the dresser, finger prints on the mirror from someone else. No major issues, but clearly the room wasn't cleaned well.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #50
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina
Hotels comforters are laundered, on average, every 3 months. I know this because I used to work in the hotel industry for a while. One of the hotels I worked at had comforters and then underwent refurbishment and had duvets after. Many hotels are going to duvets because they are cleaner and easier to launder.

I do blame POR partly for this. Housekeeping issues aren't like bus issues where they can occur at any resort since drivers' routes are moved around. To my knowledge, housekeepers at one property generally only work at that resort. The 8 days we were at POR, we had the same housekeeper every day and she was sub-par. When we first walked in the room after checking in, there were crumbs on the rug by the AC (stayed there all week. vaccuum? nah!), rings from drinking glasses on the dresser, finger prints on the mirror from someone else. No major issues, but clearly the room wasn't cleaned well.
Ever 3 months? That's much more often than the company I worked for did. Like I said, I always bring comforters and blankets from home because of this.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
The Wise One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #51
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
Ever 3 months? That's much more often than the company I worked for did. Like I said, I always bring comforters and blankets from home because of this.
It's done quarterly at a lot of places, but not every place does this. The bigger the hotel, the less frequently they are laundered more than likely.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #52
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
I agree and do you ever wonder if the drinking glasses actually get washed? I started wondering when I noticed on our last hotel stay, that drinking glasses are not supplied on the maids carts.
At the villas there is a note stating that the glasses are washed but are not sterilized. Or something to that effect. They supply dishwashing detergent and I use it before using any dishes! I always have a small dishwashing liquid with me and wash glasses myself. JIC!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: