Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
davrosuk
Earning My Ears

new fantasyland

hi
does anyone know if the new fantasyland will be complete this eyar?
we are travelling in september
davrosuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrosuk View Post
hi
does anyone know if the new fantasyland will be complete this eyar?
we are travelling in september
Nope
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Does it really matter? It's an overhyped nothing. Go see Harry you really want groundbreaking.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

O come on!! Don't listen to the above poster. It is a nice area with one of the best restaurants in the Magic Kingdom (my opinion). They say it won't be done until 2014, but i have a feeling it will be done by Thanksgiving. The Little Mermaid Ride is great for little kids and we enjoyed it. The way they did Dumbo is awesome (you have to see it at night) and the que is also great if you have little ones. If you are a fan of Disney, you will enjoy this area.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Alice's Mommy
Mouseketeer

I work in Fantasyland and can assure you that it will not be complete until 2014. The new Princess Meet and Greet area will open in 2013 (it's going to be located where the Snow White attraction used to be). The Seven Dwarfs Mine ride is, according to what we are being told, slated to complete in mid 2014.
May 2001- Girls trip to Magic Kingdom (off property)
May/June 2011- First Familu Vacation (as Mom) Pop Century
April 2012- Moved to Kissimmee, FL
August 2012- Trip to Magic Kingdom with my Mom and kids
September 2012- Bought my Florida Resident Disney Annual Pass

Walking through the courtyard at Pop Century my 6 year old turned to me and said, "Do you know what my favorite part of this vacation is Momma? This one right now!" Now who wouldn't cry at that???
Alice's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
O come on!! Don't listen to the above poster. It is a nice area with one of the best restaurants in the Magic Kingdom (my opinion). They say it won't be done until 2014, but i have a feeling it will be done by Thanksgiving. The Little Mermaid Ride is great for little kids and we enjoyed it. The way they did Dumbo is awesome (you have to see it at night) and the que is also great if you have little ones. If you are a fan of Disney, you will enjoy this area.
Oh, by all means, listen to the Disney can do no wrong apologist.

The mermaid ride is good but we lost Snow White. Further, being one of the best restaurants in the MK is really saying a lot. Geez, I was really liking Pecos Bills or Tony's.

My original point was this is nothing but theming and it is a serious disappointment to anyone actually looking for quality from a company that used to always exceed guests expectations.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post

The mermaid ride is good but we lost Snow White. Further, being one of the best restaurants in the MK is really saying a lot. Geez, I was really liking Pecos Bills or Tony's.

My original point was this is nothing but theming and it is a serious disappointment to anyone actually looking for quality from a company that used to always exceed guests expectations.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Pecos Bills haha.
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak44 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Pecos Bills haha.
Me three!

Love me some of that toppings bar.

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oh, here we go with the New Fantasyland bashing. I enjoyed it! Little Mermaid was decent. Love some of the old 20K Leagues Under the Sea tributes in the rock and the music I heard. The BOG Restaurant was great! The new circus area I didn't think was that bad either, it was a "fun" atmosphere and went with Dumbo, which was nicely refreshed.

I am not saying that it couldn't be better maybe, however, I don't see what is so wrong with it. I think it flows well with the older area and rides. It wasn't like they were adding a whole "new" land and theme where they might have went crazy with. I see some very crazy things with the potential over at HS with Star Wars though. We will see.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest is awesome! I had a CS lunch there and it was fantastic! Here is a video from my experience: http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I

And I loved Under the Sea:Journey of the Little Mermaid: http://youtu.be/UPzZFd117LY
It is my new favourite dark ride!!
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Nope
Thanks for chiming in with such an informative, insightful answer, you borderline troll.

To the original poster, in case you are new and have no idea, New Fantasyland has been opening in sections for a few months now. So far, the Belle's Village area with Belle's Cottage and Beast's Castle is open. Attractions and Eateries in this area include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the Be Our Guest restaurant (which is counter service for lunch and table service for dinner) and Gaston's Tavern (counter service all day) along with a gift shop.

Continuing further down the path will bring you to Prince Eric's Castle which is also open and holds the new Little Mermaid ride, and just beyond that a Meet and Greet with Ariel in mermaid form.

Walk down the new pathway to the Storybook Circus land and you'll see the two Dumbo rides, as well as the Casey Jr. Circus Train, Clown Troupe, and some new character meet and greets.

All of these areas are open to the public now. The only elements of New Fantasyland, or Old Fantasyland, still under construction, are The Mine Coaster, scheduled to open in 2014, the Princess meet and greet described above, and the Rapunzel's Tower bathrooms (rumored but probably not) that may also be a meet and greet which will be done soon, from the looks of it.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977 View Post
Oh, here we go with the New Fantasyland bashing. I enjoyed it! Little Mermaid was decent. Love some of the old 20K Leagues Under the Sea tributes in the rock and the music I heard. The BOG Restaurant was great! The new circus area I didn't think was that bad either, it was a "fun" atmosphere and went with Dumbo, which was nicely refreshed.

I am not saying that it couldn't be better maybe, however, I don't see what is so wrong with it. I think it flows well with the older area and rides. It wasn't like they were adding a whole "new" land and theme where they might have went crazy with. I see some very crazy things with the potential over at HS with Star Wars though. We will see.
I wasn't intending to bash, just state forcefully that it IS NOT all that.

The Mermaid ride was a breath of fresh air, quality and enjoyability wise despite that it seems kind of 'already been done'.

Raving about BOG just isn't worth talking about. It's a cool venue serving medicre over priced food and will simply get more mediocre and over priced as time goes by. It's a restaurant.

The theming of the area is very nice. The theme parks have all got that down pat at this point.

But where is the wow? Where is the ride that blew my socks off like Spiderman and HP did when I first rode them? Can Disney not compete on this level anymore or are they simply buoyed by the fact that their target will giddily greet anything they give them with mindless joy?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287

Thanks for chiming in with such an informative, insightful answer, you borderline troll.

To the original poster, in case you are new and have no idea, New Fantasyland has been opening in sections for a few months now. So far, the Belle's Village area with Belle's Cottage and Beast's Castle is open. Attractions and Eateries in this area include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the Be Our Guest restaurant (which is counter service for lunch and table service for dinner) and Gaston's Tavern (counter service all day) along with a gift shop.

Continuing further down the path will bring you to Prince Eric's Castle which is also open and holds the new Little Mermaid ride, and just beyond that a Meet and Greet with Ariel in mermaid form.

Walk down the new pathway to the Storybook Circus land and you'll see the two Dumbo rides, as well as the Casey Jr. Circus Train, Clown Troupe, and some new character meet and greets.

All of these areas are open to the public now. The only elements of New Fantasyland, or Old Fantasyland, still under construction, are The Mine Coaster, scheduled to open in 2014, the Princess meet and greet described above, and the Rapunzel's Tower bathrooms (rumored but probably not) that may also be a meet and greet which will be done soon, from the looks of it.
A little off topic... But you "borderline troll" comment is what's wrong with this rumors and news section... Get off your high horse and back off just because the poster dust elaborate on their response...

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't intending to bash, just state forcefully that it IS NOT all that.

The Mermaid ride was a breath of fresh air, quality and enjoyability wise despite that it seems kind of 'already been done'.

Raving about BOG just isn't worth talking about. It's a cool venue serving medicre over priced food and will simply get more mediocre and over priced as time goes by. It's a restaurant.

The theming of the area is very nice. The theme parks have all got that down pat at this point.

But where is the wow? Where is the ride that blew my socks off like Spiderman and HP did when I first rode them? Can Disney not compete on this level anymore or are they simply buoyed by the fact that their target will giddily greet anything they give them with mindless joy?
It may not be "all that" to YOU, but obviously the OP is interested in seeing as much of it as possible. OP was looking for facts, not rude opinions. That's great that Spiderman blew your socks off. Guess what? Enchanted Tales With Belle and the Little Mermaid ride blew our socks off. We loved them both. Spiderman and Harry Potter do not interest me or my family one bit, but that doesn't mean I would tell someone looking for info not to bother with them and go to Disney World.

OP, as mentioned, the two things that have yet to open are the new meet and greet area and the mine train. The mine train will definitely not be open by Sept, but there is a chance for the meet and greet. There is a huge thread here all about the FLE expansion. I'll find the link and post it here for you.

ETA: Here is the FLE thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2622159
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
A little off topic... But you "borderline troll" comment is what's wrong with this rumors and news section... Get off your high horse and back off just because the poster dust elaborate on their response...
Yes, my post full of all the correct information answering a question is what's wrong with this section, as opposed to the person who just came in and gave a one word incorrect response. Whether or not he 'dust' elaborate, he gave a wrong answer.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: