Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #16
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,386

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post

The two times we used everyone could get off the bus as soon as it stopped. . .
Interesting. Was that at MCO?

Every time we used DCL transfers from the port to MCO, the driver asked everyone to remain seated until all luggage was offloaded. This was as recent as last month.

As they say, YMMV.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 6,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneycruise View Post
We booked private transportation through All Seas Travel. The 10 passenger van was there waiting when we exited the cruise terminal, and took us right to the airport. It was about $150. Yes, it was less expensive to do a rental car, but we had an earlier flight, and this was totally hassle free. The year previous, we had to wait at the rental place for a van. Highly recommend private van if you have an earlier flight!
This sounds like a great idea - I assume the van was big enough for all the luggage

Will give this some thought - we are 19 people - not sure who is flying, driving, renting a car, or using DLC transportation. Not all coming at the same time.
__________________
DVC 09/00 OKW - 6/02 BCV

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #18
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 6,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneycruise View Post
We booked private transportation through All Seas Travel. The 10 passenger van was there waiting when we exited the cruise terminal, and took us right to the airport. It was about $150. Yes, it was less expensive to do a rental car, but we had an earlier flight, and this was totally hassle free. The year previous, we had to wait at the rental place for a van. Highly recommend private van if you have an earlier flight!
When did you use them and I could not find them when I googled them. Thank you.
__________________
DVC 09/00 OKW - 6/02 BCV

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #19
RAD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Interesting. Was that at MCO?

Every time we used DCL transfers from the port to MCO, the driver asked everyone to remain seated until all luggage was offloaded. This was as recent as last month.

As they say, YMMV.

Woody
Yes, that was at MCO, last two times was 5/2011 and 6/2012. Everyone was allowed off the bus and the folks that needed luggage from under the bus just stood outside as he unloaded and grabbed theirs as it was brought out.
__________________
Members of BWV since 1999
RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
mommameah
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 26

We are flying into Orlando the night before the cruise. We want to get a private company to pick us up at the hotel so we don't have to schlepp back to the airport. Does anyone have any companies that they reccomend?
mommameah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #21
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer
 
canadiandisneycruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS

When did you use them and I could not find them when I googled them. Thank you.
We used them this past November. Google it, first website. They booked our car service for us. It was a 10 passenger van with tons of room for all of us and luggage. Preferred this for our 1 pm flight. We were there in lots of time. We've done a rental car to the airport too, but we did have to wait for a van to be returned. (This was through budget)

We booked hertz to get to our hotel(residence inn), and it was an easy transfer to the ship because hertz and the hotel share the same parking lot. They took us to the ship at no charge.

Good luck!!!
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Johnny Canuck
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8

Transfer From Port To Airport

Help!

I have been looking at the rates to pick up a rental car in Port Canaveral and rent for three days returning it to the airport and the rates being quoted are extreme!

I have tried Hertz, Avis and Budget and they are all asking for over $100 a day for a minivan (family of 5). I can rent the same vehicle at the airport for half that amount.

If I can't find a cheaper car rental, what is the best/cheapest way to get my family to the airport to pick up a rental car from there?

Thanks!

JC
Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!
 
LWQuestie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
Help!

I have been looking at the rates to pick up a rental car in Port Canaveral and rent for three days returning it to the airport and the rates being quoted are extreme!

I have tried Hertz, Avis and Budget and they are all asking for over $100 a day for a minivan (family of 5). I can rent the same vehicle at the airport for half that amount.

If I can't find a cheaper car rental, what is the best/cheapest way to get my family to the airport to pick up a rental car from there?

Thanks!

JC
Why not just rent from MCO in the first place? Compare renting from MCO for the entire length and parking at one of the offsite places during the cruise.
__________________


LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.