Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #16
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post

The two times we used everyone could get off the bus as soon as it stopped. . .
Interesting. Was that at MCO?

Every time we used DCL transfers from the port to MCO, the driver asked everyone to remain seated until all luggage was offloaded. This was as recent as last month.

As they say, YMMV.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneycruise View Post
We booked private transportation through All Seas Travel. The 10 passenger van was there waiting when we exited the cruise terminal, and took us right to the airport. It was about $150. Yes, it was less expensive to do a rental car, but we had an earlier flight, and this was totally hassle free. The year previous, we had to wait at the rental place for a van. Highly recommend private van if you have an earlier flight!
This sounds like a great idea - I assume the van was big enough for all the luggage

Will give this some thought - we are 19 people - not sure who is flying, driving, renting a car, or using DLC transportation. Not all coming at the same time.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #18
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneycruise View Post
We booked private transportation through All Seas Travel. The 10 passenger van was there waiting when we exited the cruise terminal, and took us right to the airport. It was about $150. Yes, it was less expensive to do a rental car, but we had an earlier flight, and this was totally hassle free. The year previous, we had to wait at the rental place for a van. Highly recommend private van if you have an earlier flight!
When did you use them and I could not find them when I googled them. Thank you.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #19
RAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Interesting. Was that at MCO?

Every time we used DCL transfers from the port to MCO, the driver asked everyone to remain seated until all luggage was offloaded. This was as recent as last month.

As they say, YMMV.

Woody
Yes, that was at MCO, last two times was 5/2011 and 6/2012. Everyone was allowed off the bus and the folks that needed luggage from under the bus just stood outside as he unloaded and grabbed theirs as it was brought out.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
mommameah
Earning My Ears

We are flying into Orlando the night before the cruise. We want to get a private company to pick us up at the hotel so we don't have to schlepp back to the airport. Does anyone have any companies that they reccomend?
mommameah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #21
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS

When did you use them and I could not find them when I googled them. Thank you.
We used them this past November. Google it, first website. They booked our car service for us. It was a 10 passenger van with tons of room for all of us and luggage. Preferred this for our 1 pm flight. We were there in lots of time. We've done a rental car to the airport too, but we did have to wait for a van to be returned. (This was through budget)

We booked hertz to get to our hotel(residence inn), and it was an easy transfer to the ship because hertz and the hotel share the same parking lot. They took us to the ship at no charge.

Good luck!!!
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Johnny Canuck
Earning My Ears

Transfer From Port To Airport

Help!

I have been looking at the rates to pick up a rental car in Port Canaveral and rent for three days returning it to the airport and the rates being quoted are extreme!

I have tried Hertz, Avis and Budget and they are all asking for over $100 a day for a minivan (family of 5). I can rent the same vehicle at the airport for half that amount.

If I can't find a cheaper car rental, what is the best/cheapest way to get my family to the airport to pick up a rental car from there?

Thanks!

JC
Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
Help!

I have been looking at the rates to pick up a rental car in Port Canaveral and rent for three days returning it to the airport and the rates being quoted are extreme!

I have tried Hertz, Avis and Budget and they are all asking for over $100 a day for a minivan (family of 5). I can rent the same vehicle at the airport for half that amount.

If I can't find a cheaper car rental, what is the best/cheapest way to get my family to the airport to pick up a rental car from there?

Thanks!

JC
Why not just rent from MCO in the first place? Compare renting from MCO for the entire length and parking at one of the offsite places during the cruise.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: