Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #1756
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well, this week is turning into the week from heck. Turns out the person that told me I was getting more money was a complete moron and I'm actually getting about $1200 less. To top things off, I have gone through all of the loan money I can get for school. I can get pell grants, but that's it. I'm so disgusted that when I get home (DH needed an extra pair of hands at work today) that I am just going to put our WDW trip off until December and keep putting it off until I get done with school (if I can get done).
OH NO!!! I am so sorry, that stinks!!!! Sending you lots of

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #1757
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, this week is turning into the week from heck. Turns out the person that told me I was getting more money was a complete moron and I'm actually getting about $1200 less. To top things off, I have gone through all of the loan money I can get for school. I can get pell grants, but that's it. I'm so disgusted that when I get home (DH needed an extra pair of hands at work today) that I am just going to put our WDW trip off until December and keep putting it off until I get done with school (if I can get done).

Whoa. I know you're flustered when you forget to use your green font...

I'm sorry you are having a bad week...I hope things get better soon.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #1758
babyberger
DIS Veteran

April is cancelled once again DD is insistent that she wants a party with her friends (and lots of presents, lol). I wasn't thrilled with the rates anyway, but sad I won't get to meet Candace and her crew.

So it looks like Feb is our last trip for a bit. Not sure when will renew the passes so putting away the Disney Visa for a while.....so sad

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #1759
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Jen I just had to pipe in about the dog quandary .... I've been wanting a dog for ages -- 22 yrs I've been married to be exact! (I LOVE chocolate labs) but then my sensible brain has to remember -- they are a lot of work, you HAVE to be there to walk them and let them out to the bathroom, and board them if you travel and don't have family to help, pick up their poop, and they scratch your beautiful hardwood floors up --- but they also give unconditional love and devotion! I personally came to the conclusion as much as I love them, it's a little more responsibility than I can handle right now.... I've firmly become a FELINE person, they are warm and cuddly too, they are a bit more independent as you can go away for a weekend and they'd be fine with food and their litter box, boarding is half the cost of a dog! I don't have to walk them, but still have the joy of pet ownership lots to think about, one things for sure -- pets bring something special to our lives! If its right for you and you family, you will know Enjoy if you do decide to adopt a new furbaby!
Marie Thanks for your vote....I know that is the other thing stopping me. Upsetting our two felines with a dog would be a big deal. Our older cat is 10 and she is already hassled enough with the younger male. He torments her pretty regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Happy Wednesday!!!! So, the first part of this week was in the 60's...
Today....we have a snow day...school's closed...
Such silly weather!!!

DH has kid duty today though! I took off the whole Christmas break, so it's all him today...

He just ran out to get some coffee and donuts and then I'm off to work....the kids are still sleeping and don't even know about their "good fortune" yet.
Candace: Sounds like the start of a beautiful day for a kiddo! Hope they had a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning/afternoon, my quiet enabler buddies.

Jen: How's DD feeling today?
Miss: Well, she stayed home today, and I have to keep giving her the iburprofen/tylenol mix to keep her fever down. But she is eating and otherwise ok. No vomiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
My vote for getting a dog was no...because I was the one taking care of her most of the time..but I let myself be overruled...Nancy is so sweet (nuts too) but she is a companion for DH when I am at work, and she has made a terrific impact on HRH She's so much work, but so much of a reward as well

Hope she's better today!!!
Jeanette: Thanks...I too feel like I would do most of the work with a dog if we got one. But I do love them, all animals actually. I just have to stop looking at the dog rescue's website that is near us. Thanks for asking about DD. It is nice to be home alone with her for once, she is growing up so fast. I keep sneaking glances at her profile and notice how she is turning into young woman.

Quote:
Wookie: Awww I am so sorry to hear of that mix up. Please don't get too discouraged. I still think it is amazing that you are managing to do schooling on top of everything else. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
April is cancelled once again DD is insistent that she wants a party with her friends (and lots of presents, lol). I wasn't thrilled with the rates anyway, but sad I won't get to meet Candace and her crew.

So it looks like Feb is our last trip for a bit. Not sure when will renew the passes so putting away the Disney Visa for a while.....so sad

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Melissa: Say it isn't so!!

Waving hi to everyone....

Jen
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #1760
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

This is our Squirty...

And our younger more devilish Perry...

Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #1761
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Your pups is SO cute We have stayed near Clearwater Beach and it is very kid friendly. I know there's a Sheraton and Hilton rsort...Amongst MANY others!!!
Thanks! Oooooh, Clearwater... I'd forgotten all about going there (in another lifetime). I remember it being quite nice. Gonna add it to "The List".

Quote:
Gah! I'm sorry. You need a drink tonight.

Quote:
Miss - what about the Ritz in Sarasota? I havent stayed but have friends who love it. Great kids programs and a private beach club. Also, just an FYI the Ritz in Orlando has a great kid friendly pool area with a lazy river
Ahhh, adding this one to The List, too. Never been in that area before. Thank you!

Quote:

Boo. I'm sure something'll crop up after the Feb. trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: Well, she stayed home today, and I have to keep giving her the iburprofen/tylenol mix to keep her fever down. But she is eating and otherwise ok. No vomiting.
Ah, good -- sounds like she's on the mend now... especially with mommy's TLC. LOL at the pic of Perry! All I could hear in my head when I saw that picture was, "If I fits, I sits." Would he be named after a certain blue platypus, by chance?

--------------

Okay, thought of something else... has anyone been to Charleston, SC? I need help, really.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #1762
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jen~ Your kitties are sooooo cute!!!!

I'll have to post an updated picture of Lao Che...the last one I posted was when we first got him and he was an itty bitty kitty...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1763
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

My handsome baby boy...

Lao Che....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #1764
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

OMG, Candace... he's not a kitty any more! He's a BIG kitty!

What shenanigans did the kiddos get up to with their daddy on snow day?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #1765
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG, Candace... he's not a kitty any more! He's a BIG kitty!

What shenanigans did the kiddos get up to with their daddy on snow day?
They grow up soooo fast!!!!

I'm not sure what the fam has been up too...you know, I've been slaving away at work today (read: ) But, I'm outta here in 20 minutes and then I will join in on the fun!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #1766
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Awww he looks right at home up there! He's very pretty... I love the climbing structure....complete with a scratching post!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #1767
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Awww he looks right at home up there! He's very pretty... I love the climbing structure....complete with a scratching post!
That was his Christmas present...the Kitty City....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #1768
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah, good -- sounds like she's on the mend now... especially with mommy's TLC. LOL at the pic of Perry! All I could hear in my head when I saw that picture was, "If I fits, I sits." Would he be named after a certain blue platypus, by chance
Ha! Yes, he has an odd obsession with water cases that are empty. If the plastic is still on he loves them even more! After that pic, he hunkered down and had a nap in there! He is weird!
And yes, he is named after Perry the Platypus!! Can you tell we like P&F??
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #1769
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I refuse to show Miss M the kitty pictures because I just knooooow what'll come next: "Mommy, I WANT one, please?!" ... and that will carry on for days and days.

You know, I was just reminded by the breakfast thread someone accidentally posted here. The Captain's Grille is a very nice spot for breakfast.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #1770
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I refuse to show Miss M the kitty pictures because I just knooooow what'll come next: "Mommy, I WANT one, please?!" ... and that will carry on for days and days.

You know, I was just reminded by the breakfast thread someone accidentally posted here. The Captain's Grille is a very nice spot for breakfast.
Perhaps we'll do that one morning....I'm sure we'll get sick of the lounge food everyday.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: