DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

BWV resale price per point range?

We have narrowed down to buying at BWV, hopefully 200-220 points. We were looking at a contract that is listed at $69 and we made a lower offer that the seller declined. Not surprising, but I *was* surprised when I asked for guidance from the realtor as to what the seller might be expecting that she told me, "I am not sure as they simply 'declined.' Most Boardwalk listings are selling in the mid $60s per point so closer to that I would assume."

Is this true that BWV is selling in the mid-60s??? From what I can see on the ROFR thread, it looks like BWV is going more in the mid-50s to 60, no? I'm trying to gauge if I'm just totally off or if this realtor is just trying to get the seller a better deal?
Disneymooner07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
cybrary
Earning My Ears

Resale agent

Not sure what the going price is for BWV. We own there and I think you've made a wonderful choice. Just want to clarify on the agent not telling you what the seller will accept. I have a broker's license and know that the seller is my client. I have a legal obligation to that client. The buyer is my customer. No legal obligation there. So it's not a matter of getting a larger commission, but rather honoring the legal obligation to the seller and the listing contract we both signed. Best of luck and see you at "home!"
cybrary is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

From what I have read, $69 sounds high for a 200 point contract at BWV. We paid $66 for a 100 point contract 2 years ago. At the time I had read some a little higher and some a little lower (100 pts) so I was comfortable with the price (plus, we had banked points to use too). If it were me, and I wasn't in a hurry, I would wait until I could find someone willing to sell for $60 or less (assuming all current year points are available and nothing has been borrowed). Maybe the contract you looked at had a lot of banked points????
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

I have noticed less flexibility on BWV pricing lately (simply supply and demand I think). However, $69 seems high for a 200+ point contract. I would expect closer to $60 (or maybe a little less) based just on what I have seen lately.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrary View Post
Not sure what the going price is for BWV. We own there and I think you've made a wonderful choice. Just want to clarify on the agent not telling you what the seller will accept. I have a broker's license and know that the seller is my client. I have a legal obligation to that client. The buyer is my customer. No legal obligation there. So it's not a matter of getting a larger commission, but rather honoring the legal obligation to the seller and the listing contract we both signed. Best of luck and see you at "home!"
Actually this is incorrect. The four major resale brokers act as neither buyer nor seller's agents. They're legally neutral. And as for bigger commissions, the higher the price the more money they make.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

A key factor is banked points. Maybe this seller is just "testing the waters" and is not anxious to sell by lowering the price.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

I'll also point out that in the end it only matters what that particular owner is willing to sell for. I'd guess that most may expect to come down a few dollars per point but there are some that will list it for exactly what they want for it. And that price may not be what has typically been the selling price and may sit for a long time or the right buyer may come along and say ok.

Another point is that not all sales get posted to the ROFR thread. I think that often just the lowest priced ones get posted by the buyers.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

So I am closing on BWV 175 pts contract at $55. I will tell you that I made offers on other bwv contracts before this one and they were in the $60's. The sellers flat out declined. So I waited. The one I am closing on was actually listed at $55, which I offered $55 and I pay closing costs and MFs. At that time there was another contract at 150 points at $55 and 300 points at $56. I am buying through Fidelity and I had been trolling the 3 sites looking for the right contract. I did offer on this, I think, within hours of when it was listed. So I would say just wait for the right contract, keep checking and be ready to act when you see it. Good luck.

-Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
So I am closing on BWV 175 pts contract at $55. I will tell you that I made offers on other bwv contracts before this one and they were in the $60's. The sellers flat out declined. So I waited. The one I am closing on was actually listed at $55, which I offered $55 and I pay closing costs and MFs. At that time there was another contract at 150 points at $55 and 300 points at $56. I am buying through Fidelity and I had been trolling the 3 sites looking for the right contract. I did offer on this, I think, within hours of when it was listed. So I would say just wait for the right contract, keep checking and be ready to act when you see it. Good luck.

-Virginia
Wow, you must have acted before it went to the site if you got one for $55. Congrats! I have not seen one on Fidelity at all for $55 and less than 180 points (unless a stripped contract) over the last several months as I have been watching daily. I ended up buying a full 150 point for $60 (even though not the UY I was hoping for).

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post

-Virginia
We actually tried to bid on another contract and apparently missed out by an hour or two, but it also sold for $55/point for 200 points (with all points plus some banked), so I thought that was maybe a pretty competitive price. I guess I'll just have to wait and wait and wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I'll also point out that in the end it only matters what that particular owner is willing to sell for. I'd guess that most may expect to come down a few dollars per point but there are some that will list it for exactly what they want for it. And that price may not be what has typically been the selling price and may sit for a long time or the right buyer may come along and say ok.

Another point is that not all sales get posted to the ROFR thread. I think that often just the lowest priced ones get posted by the buyers.
What do most people offer in relation to the listing price? Eg. $10 below listing? $5 below listing? Or just wait until a listing is at exactly the price point you expect to pay? (Though I don't think I've seen very many listed below $60 yet the ROFR indicates many people pay less than that, so I just assumed lots of negotiating is the norm. Maybe it's not?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrary View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually this is incorrect. The four major resale brokers act as neither buyer nor seller's agents. They're legally neutral. And as for bigger commissions, the higher the price the more money they make.
I have to admit I'm fairly confused by the agent's role in all of this. Do they all make commission off the sales? I understand that the buyer pays a fee as well, but it seems it would be much less than the potential commission on a 200+ point contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
From what I have read, $69 sounds high for a 200 point contract at BWV. We paid $66 for a 100 point contract 2 years ago. At the time I had read some a little higher and some a little lower (100 pts) so I was comfortable with the price (plus, we had banked points to use too). If it were me, and I wasn't in a hurry, I would wait until I could find someone willing to sell for $60 or less (assuming all current year points are available and nothing has been borrowed). Maybe the contract you looked at had a lot of banked points????
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
I have noticed less flexibility on BWV pricing lately (simply supply and demand I think). However, $69 seems high for a 200+ point contract. I would expect closer to $60 (or maybe a little less) based just on what I have seen lately.
Okay, that is kind of what I thought - I guess I just have to be patient Is it generally true that the bigger the contract, the lower the price per point? I know there's variability depending on how stripped the contract is, but that seems to be the trend?

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I guess I just need to be patient! I just want to be able to book by this summer for a trip next summer. I guess that's still months away, but with how long it takes to get through ROFR and clearing the title, etc., I somehow feel like it's kind of urgent I'm still adjusting to how far in advance all this DVC planning has to occur - I'm planning out vacations for 2014 and 2016 already!
Disneymooner07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
LisaS
DIS Veteran

I don't track resales like I used to but I do take a look from time to time. Having checked the Timeshare Store's and Fidelity's websites, I'm struck by how few BWV contracts are up for sale. The last time I looked was many months ago and there were at least three times the number of contracts for sale as I see now. Maybe the limited supply is causing some sellers to hold out for offers closer to their asking price.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

In general larger contract sell for cheaper than small contracts, stripped contracts sell for less than loaded contracts and from accepted offer to having your points available to book is at least 2 months.

Last year at this time I bought 3 BWV contracts all between $54-$56 per point, all with 2 years of points on them. The listings for those contracts were between $60-$65. Where you can save or spend money is on who pays closing and MF.

Currently though there are not that many BWV listings out there and the prices look higher. Low supply means owners can afford to be more picky.

Let the agents at the 3 major brokers know what you want and the price you are willing to pay and they might contact you if something comes in that fits.

Good luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I don't track resales like I used to but I do take a look from time to time. Having checked the Timeshare Store's and Fidelity's websites, I'm struck by how few BWV contracts are up for sale. The last time I looked was many months ago and there were at least three times the number of contracts for sale as I see now. Maybe the limited supply is causing some sellers to hold out for offers closer to their asking price.
I've noticed the same thing. None of the brokers have a big supply of BWV contracts. The supply of original BWV owners is drying up as they slowly sell and are replaced by owners who want to specifically stay at BWV.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I've noticed the same thing. None of the brokers have a big supply of BWV contracts. The supply of original BWV owners is drying up as they slowly sell and are replaced by owners who want to specifically stay at BWV.
I've purchased 4 BWV contracts over the past 6 months and have paid on avg $60/ point with two years worth of points on each! I agree with Doug that prices are trending upwards because of the lack of supply coupled with the fact that there are fewer original owners to accept the lower offers! More recent owners, that must sell due to unforeseen circumstances, are naturally going to try to sell for more!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Well don't count on the old codgers in this house to help you out. I am 65 and DH is 79. We have 1150 points and I still would like more. When I am drooling then my custodian can list our points.
Good luck to all who are in the hunt for BWV points---from a seller that is not us. I hope you will love your points there as much as we do!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: