Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper
1) To most of the dog-eating world, yes.
2) To most dog-aficionados, yes.
3) To most ballpark dog-eaters, yes.
4) But, NOT to Chicago-dog fans.
5) I think the tides of Lake Michigan have an effect on taste buds.
I meant that banana peppers aren't a substitute that is even close. They're missing a serious heat factor, and the taste is just not the same. Peppers on a chicago dog are at the heat level that makes them even hotter coming out than going in.
Gross yes, but anyone that braves the peppers knows it's true.