Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Gov Rate Hyatt MCO

Does anyone have any experience with this? I was trying to book a room with the Gov rate for Jan 4th, 2014. My husband is in the service and we are leaving on DCL Jan 5th, 2014....but the website is saying no rooms for that date....but there are rooms the days prior and days after. Its not that it is not offered on sats or too far out to book...as they offered on other sats and days after...Do they book up that fast? Im just having a hard time believing it filled up so far in advance and i tried calling but they were not helpful at all just told me to keep checking every day?
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Disney 24/7
Mouseketeer

Have you tried to call the Hyatt MCO directly?I am going on a cruise on March 28, 2013 andI will be staying 2 days at the Hyatt before the cruise. I booked it around July 2012 and military rate was $99 per night. I just had to guarantee with a credit card but I did call and asked for the military rates. I was not planning on booking at that time but the rate was so good.
Disney 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Mrs Green
Mouseketeer

My husband works in the hotel industry, so we are wondering if any rates were available that day (the hotel can close the gov rate out for specific dates as they choose).
Mrs Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Are you finding no rooms at all for that date? Or just no rooms available with the govt rate? They do limit how many rooms can be booked at special rates, and there could be a group that grabbed them all in advance. Or they may only have a few rooms available to offer at that rate and there are currently booked. If you called the main Hyatt number, I'd try the MCO Hyatt directly (getting to the actual front desk of a specific location can sometimes shed light on a question). And keep watching in case of cancellations.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's entirely possible they're not offering the government rate for that date for some reason. Or that they are sold out.

The chains do not offer government rates all the time, or they may quit offering them for certain hotels. Swan and Dolphin basically stopped having any availability for them at all. Whoever you spoke to is correct that all you can do is keep checking.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I will try and contact mco directly bc I have been checking the website since that date was available to be booked and no gov rate has been offered!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

So there is a convention that's why everything is booked up! Next best option I can think of is renting a car the night prior and staying at a hotel near the port...if I do that I understand I need to bring all my luggage myself but will I still be able to select the first port arrival time?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

If I do that then on the way back taking DCL bus to mco for a southwest flight will DCL take our luggage from our cruise room...traveling with two young children just trying to make the easiest travel
Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102 View Post
So there is a convention that's why everything is booked up! Next best option I can think of is renting a car the night prior and staying at a hotel near the port...if I do that I understand I need to bring all my luggage myself but will I still be able to select the first port arrival time?
You can rent a car and drive to a hotel near the port. That's what we did and it was very economical.

You could also choose another airport area hotel with shuttle to/from the airport and use DCL transfers. Or there is another Hyatt near the airport that offers a package including shuttle to the port.

You may choose whatever PAT is available when you do online check-in. If 11-11:30am is available, you may select that.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102 View Post
If I do that then on the way back taking DCL bus to mco for a southwest flight will DCL take our luggage from our cruise room...traveling with two young children just trying to make the easiest travel
no, currently SW is not part of DCL's Onboard Airline check-in program. You can leave your bags out the night before the cruise ends and it will brought to the luggage terminal for pick up by you before you go through customs. then you (or a porter) will take it to the DCL buses for the trip to MCO. The luggage will go under the bus. DCL bus will be $35 pp for one way trip to MCO.

I highly suggest getting a porter. They are readily available when you come down the escalator/elevator into the luggage hall. They will load up your luggae on their cart and go through customs with you. Much easier than lugging it all yourself. Just remember to tip...usually about $2 - $3 per bag.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! So now I'm thinking I want to keep my reservations for DCL bus to and from mco bc if I'm on the first bus I will get to the port earlier then staying at a port hotel and taking their shuttle...hopefully..so next questions lol what hotels near the airport offer shuttles to and from airport and what are the earliest they begin to run? My hope is to get on first bus to port and hope to get an upgrade at port!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: