Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
DisneyWillow1975
Earning My Ears

Bringing food for infant to TS

Hi! I'm new here, but have been lurking for a while. I've done a few searches on the forums as well as on Google, and have not seen a thread with this question/answer before. If I am overlooking something, I apologize! We'll be in WDW in a month with our twin 7 month old boys. We are starting to add solids to their diet this week. We have ADRs at 2 TS restaurants (Boma and Kouzzina). I know that normally, kids under 3 can eat from their parent's plate. Since our guys won't be up to sharing any of our food yet, do we have any options? Ideally, I'd like to be able to bring in a banana to mash up or an already prepared pureed food for them to eat while we are eating, but I don't want to break any rules or offend anyone. It's very possible that they will sleep through both meals and will have already eaten, but I'd rather be prepared. Thank you!
DisneyWillow1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Absolutely!!! I will also be doing the same with my 8 month old in March. When my DS3 was 1 I actually brought one of those Gerber Toddler Meals with me! Not an issue at all!
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

I've never taken an infant to Disney, but I can't see where this would be a problem in any way. When my son was just starting with solids (and heck, even after he'd been on them a while...) I always took something for him. If we were at a place that had ingredients he was used to, I'd just ask if they could bring me some (example: at sushi places, I'd ask for some avocado that I could give him) If it wasn't his normal meal times, I'd give him some of the finger foods he liked (cereal, veggie booty) and there was never a problem no matter how nice the restaurant. Disney should be no different.
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

I brought all my kids as infants and never ever had an issue with bringing their own baby food, fruit, puffs, etc
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can bring in snacks and baby food for an infant.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
DisneyWillow1975
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thank you all! I thought I was pretty organized for this trip, but it's coming up fast and this new mom is over thinking everything. I appreciate the help!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
joanne312
DIS Veteran

Since one of your TS is a buffet (Boma) you should be able to find something on the buffet for them, such as a banana that you can then mash at the table.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWillow1975 View Post
Hi! I'm new here, but have been lurking for a while. I've done a few searches on the forums as well as on Google, and have not seen a thread with this question/answer before. If I am overlooking something, I apologize! We'll be in WDW in a month with our twin 7 month old boys. We are starting to add solids to their diet this week. We have ADRs at 2 TS restaurants (Boma and Kouzzina). I know that normally, kids under 3 can eat from their parent's plate. Since our guys won't be up to sharing any of our food yet, do we have any options? Ideally, I'd like to be able to bring in a banana to mash up or an already prepared pureed food for them to eat while we are eating, but I don't want to break any rules or offend anyone. It's very possible that they will sleep through both meals and will have already eaten, but I'd rather be prepared. Thank you!
I don't have the answer, but I have 4 month old twins...and all I can say is WOW. I don't want to try WDW until they are about 3 years old

I did take my son to DL and Sea World when he was 12 months old and the best thing ever was my Ergo (baby carrier).
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
DisneyWillow1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
I don't have the answer, but I have 4 month old twins...and all I can say is WOW. I don't want to try WDW until they are about 3 years old

I did take my son to DL and Sea World when he was 12 months old and the best thing ever was my Ergo (baby carrier).
Yes, we may be partially crazy for doing this. We'll have helpers with us, so it's not just DH and myself.

We love our Ergo carriers, so I'm hoping they will make the trip much easier!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

I liked taking infants the best. Once they start running it is over! I have a 9 mth old and 2 year old and omg what work the 2 year old is at disney but the 9 mth old just loves to either be work in my lillebaby or chill in her stroller
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
Maggie Lizer
DIS Veteran

We brought fruit snacks and crackers into restaurants for my 2 year old. He is a very light eater and sometimes he'd eat rolls or fries and other times he would just want his goldfish. He would never eat a full kids' meal at his current age. We always ordered him a milk or juice, though.

First trip with DS2 4/29 - 5/8/14.

Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
lync
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
I liked taking infants the best. Once they start running it is over! I have a 9 mth old and 2 year old and omg what work the 2 year old is at disney but the 9 mth old just loves to either be work in my lillebaby or chill in her stroller
Me, too!! We have been when one daughter was 8 months and one was 4 months. We always skipped the 12-24 months age b/c they are not content sitting in the stroller once they are mobile!!!

You will have a great trip!! You can definitely take food to the TS with you!
lync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

1) You can bring infant food into eateries.
2) However, they will not heat or cook it.
3) It is a violation of health laws to take non-eatery food into the kitchen.
4) There is no way to determine if the food is germ-free.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran

Took my son at 8 months old and we always brought food for him when we were at a restaurant-no problem at all.We also were able to bring him in his stroller if he was sleeping if we asked.
POOHDRMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I brought baby food when she was 9 mo. old no issues at all. As someone else mentioned, they won't heat it or anything for you. They will give you warm water if you need it for formula, etc. Have fun. I loved the trip with my DD when she was that young. It was much easier than when she was 2.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: