Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #991
tracyheartsmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrBchJ View Post
I had foot surgery and had to wear my boot when we dined at V&A in Oct. Nobody knew, and nobody cared. Your husband will be fine. Enjoy.
That's a relief! Thanks so much for your quick reply!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #992
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Well folks, we are back from our experience in the Queen Victoria Room, and it was without a doubt the best meal of my life. Of course, I expected nothing different given this was our third visit to V&A's. I did a full review of our experience here for those that might find it helpful, but to summarize, it was everything we thought it would be and more.

Chef Scott, Israel, and the rest of the team are simply incredible, and how they manage to keep raising the bar is beyond me. Oddly enough, the 10 courses proved to be more food than we could handle. Believe it or not, it is possible to have too much of a good thing!

Can't wait to return to V&A's in 2 years!

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #993
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej696
Well folks, we are back from our experience in the Queen Victoria Room, and it was without a doubt the best meal of my life. Of course, I expected nothing different given this was our third visit to V&A's. I did a full review of our experience here for those that might find it helpful, but to summarize, it was everything we thought it would be and more.

Chef Scott, Israel, and the rest of the team are simply incredible, and how they manage to keep raising the bar is beyond me. Oddly enough, the 10 courses proved to be more food than we could handle. Believe it or not, it is possible to have too much of a good thing!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #994
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej696 View Post

Thanks for posting. Awesome review, I really appreciate the details
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #995
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks DeeJ. I found your review very informative. I can not wait to surprise my wife to be with our dinner at the Chef's Table on our honeymoon.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #996
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Thanks DeeJ. I found your review very informative. I can not wait to surprise my wife to be with our dinner at the Chef's Table on our honeymoon.
Thanks everyone! And kudos on landing the Chef's Table for your honeymoon disnmooner! I have no doubt it will create a special memory, like it did for MJ and I the day after our own wedding...

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #997
Miumiu4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGK

In the U.S., Michelin Guides are city-specific, and there are just three: New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. It would be a serious stretch to find other star-worthy places in Orlando, or at least enough to make a Guide. One for all of Florida, perhaps, but it would still be pretty slim.

Beyond that, it's pretty much a black box as to the criteria, and it infuriates more restauranteurs than it pleases.
There are Michelin restaurants in Miami, but none in Orlando.
Miumiu4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #998
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos! Israel is just fantastic at what he does, adore him. Glad to hear the experience keeps getting better and what a way to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #999
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

I found pricing for the main dining room (still $135 pp?), but can't find for QVR and Chef's Table. Anyone have it?

Thanks!

Never mind! I found it on allears.net. At least my silly question bumped this thread!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #1000
KingSpeedy
Earning My Ears

Last I heard, the QVR and Chef's Table were each $210, with $105 for the wine pairing.

Whoops, just saw your edit.
KingSpeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #1001
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

It's been quite a few years since we've been to V&A's. My DH hasn't been since our 2002 trip, and I haven't been since 2005 when I went with my mom, sister, and MIL. Both times were beyond amazing. I'm thinking of surprising my husband with it on our anniversary trip in December. He is an amateur chef, and I think he would love the Chef's Table. Does anyone know what the total for a Chef's Table meal with two wine flights would be.

Hollymom1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #1002
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Main Dining Room - $135
http://victoria-alberts.com/pdf/diningmenuf.pdf

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #1003
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Just managed to secure the Chef's table for the 8th August for my father and his partner, it's his 70th and I thought what the hell I can't think of a better thank you. I would have settled for main dining or the QVR but I gave the hostess 4 evenings and it was available. Chuffed to bits as we say on this side of the pond, really jealous that we can't go but we've 2 under 6s and anyway we've Remy's to look forward to on the Disney Fantasy the following week
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #1004
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer
Just managed to secure the Chef's table for the 8th August for my father and his partner, it's his 70th and I thought what the hell I can't think of a better thank you. I would have settled for main dining or the QVR but I gave the hostess 4 evenings and it was available. Chuffed to bits as we say on this side of the pond, really jealous that we can't go but we've 2 under 6s and anyway we've Remy's to look forward to on the Disney Fantasy the following week
Aww. So sweet of you!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #1005
Duke&Tree
Mouseketeer

DH and I celebrated our anniversary last month with a wonderful dinner at V&As, and we loved every minute of it! This thread was helpful in nudging us to go for it. Neither of us have any food allergies, but some of the items were really 'out there' for us. We took the advice from many in this thread to just trust the chefs and to go for it. We didn't bother asking for any substitutions or have any items omitted from our meals...we let them prepare as indicated. Everything was absolutely wonderful. I think with each course at least one of us declared, "This is the best thing I have ever eaten!"

No actual dining review, but I wanted to post for others that might be a little leery. Also, I wanted to note that we went into it worrying that there wouldn't be enough food, since the portions were so small. We were both absolutely STUFFED when we left. (We did each have the wine pairing, though, which may have contributed) Even if you end up not liking one or two items a ton, there will be MORE than enough food between the rest of the courses.

Trips together:2000 PopMu 2004 Dolphin DONE and FABULOUS!: Dec 2009 (no kids!) combo DH bday and 9th anniversary at CSR! Duke surprised Tree with another anniversary trip in January 2011 at SSR! Finally brought the kids 2011 with the kids in style: Club Level at AKL! Adults-only AoA/BWV Jan 2013 was a success! Awesome extended family trip with kids Dec 2013 at AKL! Adults-only Hilton Bonnet Creek/CSR planned for November 2014!

We drank the DVC koolaid....owners at AKL!!

DD Monkey (9) DD Goose (6)
Duke&Tree is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: