Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

You could do two rooms at Port Orleans-Riverside. In the Alligator Bayou section there are rooms that sleep 5, so two rooms there would work. You could even book one room with two beds and the trundle and then one room with the king bed -- just as you wanted.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

Disney will guarantee connecting rooms for 2 adults + children. They will book 2 rooms under 1 reservation to do so instead of two reservations linked together. Any more than 2 adults and it isnt guaranteed.
In that situation they will tell you it's guaranteed, but it is definitely not guaranteed. I know first hand.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #18
luke7203
Earning My Ears

Wow--thanks for all the responses. My wife and I had figured it wouldn't be allowed but thought I would ask the experts 😀. I just know it is going to be tough to keep my youngest out of our bed and that would be pretty tight in a full.

I
luke7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #19
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
In that situation they will tell you it's guaranteed, but it is definitely not guaranteed. I know first hand.
If I was guaranteed a room that fell under the policy allowing it I'd be expecting an adequate alternative.

It's their policy, not mine. Now, CMs that say things that are guaranteed that aren't is a totally different story
Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

If I was guaranteed a room that fell under the policy allowing it I'd be expecting an adequate alternative.
Which is what I was expecting, but nope.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #21
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Another thing to consider is that WDW will not guarantee connecting rooms, or even adjoining (next door). It can be request and frequently accommodated, but no guarantee. With kids your age I would not take a chance on risking the 2 rooms potentially being on different floors and/or in different areas of the resort, to say nothing of not connecting. Again, many people report they request connecting and always get it, but WDW won't guarantee it and there have been times a family had to split up.

Good luck!
This was not true in our case. When I reserved ASMU, we called to book and were told when there are children in the second room they DO guarentee connecting rooms. We had no troubles.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

It's their policy, not mine. Now, CMs that say things that are guaranteed that aren't is a totally different story
The problem is, they say both things. You have people with reservations stating Guaranteed Connecting Rooms, while the WDW web site states that connecting rooms are a request only, and not guaranteed.

As far as getting an adequate alternative, all Disney guarantees you when you make a reservation is a room(s) at a Disney resort. That is all. Room type is not guaranteed.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #23
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGal24 View Post
Really? We (DH, DD, and me) stayed at Pop in Feb 2011 and had a king room. No problems at all.
Not allowed if your daughter was 5. Did you give her correct age on the reservation?
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: