Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

What to fill in Easter Basket while in Disney?!

DH & I are taking our two children to Disney World, arriving on Easter. We are driving in and will be at the hotel early on Easter. One of us is going to run up to the room and set up the baskets on each of the beds, as the Easter Bunny knows we will be in DW.

What are some good basket fillers/ideas? I don't want to bring too much "junk" type stuff down with us as this is vacation & I'm sure they'll have enough to entertain them. This is what I bought so far for each of them:

Mickey/Minnie Coloring books & Crayons
Disney themed stickers, mini chalkboards
A Disney Cars word search puzzle for my oldest
Minnie mouse hair brush and mirror for youngest

Closer to the date, will buy jelly beans. And maybe a choc. bunny for each.

Am I missing anything else fun to include in their baskets? We want to limit the amount of candy.

Thank you!
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Kristian
Mouseketeer

You could throw in an autograph book/pen for each of them. You could maybe include a Disney gift card or even Disney dollars to spend on the trip. Another great idea is a personalized t-shirt with their favorite character on it....just roll it up and stuff it in the basket. I would mainly just put stuff in that the kids will need at the parks or at least just stuff that they can use. You could even throw in some Disney themed bubble bath, a new toothbrush, etc. These things will get used and they are stuff that you would normally pack anyway.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

I am with you about not wanting junk all over my house. so I tend to make the Easter basket about summer stuff or practical stuff (with a fun twist) I'd likely need to buy anyway!
* toothbrush for each -- you can get a Cars one for your DS and princess for DD.
* fun Disney band-aids -- Tinker Bell, Princess, Muppets, Cars, Toy Story, Phineas & Ferb, Mickey. You can also throw in a "boo boo" buddy, the packs you can freeze and reuse for minor bumps and scrapes.
* socks
* flip-flops or summer shoes
* sunglasses and hats
* t-shirts
* swim suits
* pool stuff -- think pool toys they might like, googles, puddle jumpers, beach towels with their names embroidered on them (got those at Disneystore.com and they were great), etc.
* new summer pjs -- shorts and t-shirt or nightgowns
* fruit gummies -- those come in Disney ones too and make for an easy portable snack/treat while in the parks. Personally I prefer Annie's Bunny fruit snacks for taste but to each their own! Along those lines, why not pick up some snack packs of Annie's Cheddar Bunnies? Goes with the Easter theme and makes for easy portable snacks in the parks.
* fruit! it's edible, portable and takes up space in the basket.

All of that can be as much or little Disney theme as you like!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
jlr9882
Mouseketeer

If you have a bi-lo near you look for Mickey/Minnie and Donald/Daisy Pez sets. They are out for Valentine's right now, but you could take them out of the package. Also Dollar tree has lots of Disney books right and other Disney things. I second the Disney money to spend! How about some Disney sunglasses for the park?

[/url]

July 2013- Our 1st July 4th trip with a party of 12- CSR w/DDP
Aug 2011- Bahamas Celebration Cruise and Disney -POP w/DDP (My DS with 20+ allergies was treated like a Prince!)
Feb 2011- Epcot trip and DTD- offsite rental house
Aug 2009- DS first trip! -POP
Tons more trips before then offsite with my first trip at only 6 weeks old. My cousin that went as our babysitter is now a CM!
jlr9882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would fill it with all the stuff you would pack for the trip in Disney themed in the basket. New Pj's, sun glasses, sun screen, tooth brushes and paste, those dehydrated wash clothes, body wash or shampoo. Some disney fruit snacks and make a new water bottle and you are set.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for your suggestions!! I agree to pack it with items that we will use down in Disney. I did forget to mention I bought them toothbrushes to include in the baskets.. also, I got them Disney puzzles but I'm thinking that is a waste, as they prob. will not want to do puzzles while in Disney. And I don't want to worry about losing pieces to it, etc. That is getting returned.

I do like the idea of new sunglasses, new summer PJs, flip flops and shirts...All disney themed of course!!

I might go with the autograph books too, but I'm not sure about them yet. I might do what I did last year- have all the Characters sign a photo frame border and then put a pic of the kids in it. )

Keep the ideas coming if you can!! I like the fact that I can include in the basket all items that will be useful to us for the trip!

PS- Where can I purchase Disney Dollars from?
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
mhartel1
Mouseketeer

I am driving down on Good Friday and don't want to have to deal with baskets. My kids decided they should just ask the bunny for disney gift cards so they can buy something at disney. Works for me! They are excited because I told them they can spend it on anything they want, if they get them...haha. So now I just have to get them to the mall to tell the Easter bunny what they want.
mhartel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I agree with pp about sunglasses! Also, not sure of their ages, but maybe a pin for their lanyard. Chapstick, Pez. Autograph book would be fun, too!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: