Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #61
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
They changed the salad dressings. The honey lime vinaigrette was my fave dressing EVER! And the sweet and sour. If they don't change by June, I'm out and this is a must do every time....I wouldn't know what to replace with...
I have no idea what we would replace it with either. Especially this late in the game.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #62
KMarston
Mouseketeer

We're not giving up that easily! Been a fan for forever!
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #63
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
Not very banana tasting. My hubby hates bananas and the dessert was his favorite thing he ate the entire trip...YUMMMM....still dreaming of it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMarston View Post
My son doesn't eat banana's and he loved it.
Thanks!!
disneydee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #64
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Peanut sauce only?

I agree that this is a concerning move by Disney. My son has a peanut allergy.

Perhaps it is better that I was unable to book Ohana for our vacation this February.
OttawaON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #65
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

I don't see why or how they will not serve another sauce to people who have peanut allergies.

And would people really switch an ADR over a couple veggies, fruit pieces in a salad, and sauce? really, lol.

Ohana is always a must for us... my family would hurt me if I cancelled it over something like that, lol. It's not like they changed the whole entire menu.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #66
la79al
DIS Veteran

I'm going to keep an eye on the changes but honestly people have been posting about really bad service at Ohana lately as well. Pair them together and we might be dropping this ADR.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #67
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post
I agree that this is a concerning move by Disney. My son has a peanut allergy.

Perhaps it is better that I was unable to book Ohana for our vacation this February.
They have always had peanut sauce. Did you eat there with your son in the past? I don' t understand why you would feel you cannot eat there because of one sauce. Can your son not eat meat without sauce?

I have a son who can't eat poultry or seafood, that never has (and never will) stop us from eating at ohana's, or any place really. There is so much to eat at ohana's that I can't see why those with a peanut allergy feel they can't eat here any longer. I just don't understand I guess.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #68
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post

And would people really switch an ADR over a couple veggies, fruit pieces in a salad, and sauce? really, lol..
This is what I have been thinking as well. Kinda makes me scratch my head! Oh well, more ADRs for the rest of us. lol

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #69
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

We are just leaving Ohana now! The dressing was different, passion fruit, but honestly it tasted VERY similar to the honey lime, and that's coming from someone who looooves the honey lime dressing. There was no fruit added to the salad. The extra veggies were nothing special, and yes, only peanut sauce. We both felt like the wings and noodles were better than ever.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #70
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmie View Post
As per 1/6/13

Peanut sauce is now spicier. I could not taste a difference, hubby said he could.
All other sauces have been removed.

Salad now has mango and papaya added. Otherwise the same.

Vegetables are now green beans, broccoli, baby corn, onions, peppers and water chesnuts. Prepared in a stir fry style.

Everything else is the same.

We were told to give feed back as this was currently being trailed for month.
We didn't have green beans, baby corn in our stir fry. We did have pea pods. We only had peanut sauce. We were there on Sunday for dinner.

Our salad did not have any tomatoes in it. Just the papaya and mango.

The bread pudding didn't taste banana at all. But there was banana in the caramel sauce for the bread pudding and ice cream.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 01-16-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #71
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

They should offer at least one other sauce, simply for those who are allergic to peanuts.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #72
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post

And would people really switch an ADR over a couple veggies, fruit pieces in a salad, and sauce? really, lol.
Yes, we would have to because of a severe peanut allergy in our family (me). If there are no other options, we would have no choice but to cancel. If anyone at our table ate this sauce and then breathed over me, it would mean a trip to the ER.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #73
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
They have always had peanut sauce. Did you eat there with your son in the past? I don' t understand why you would feel you cannot eat there because of one sauce. Can your son not eat meat without sauce?

I have a son who can't eat poultry or seafood, that never has (and never will) stop us from eating at ohana's, or any place really. There is so much to eat at ohana's that I can't see why those with a peanut allergy feel they can't eat here any longer. I just don't understand I guess.
I too have a peanut allergy and have booked ohanas for our June trip. I was really looking forward to this meal most of all as I love meat and prawns. But I think maybe what you say you don't understand is that some people, lots by the looks of posters on here, like to have an option of dipping some sauce onto their food should they wish, but this change by Disney would mean that people like me would not be able to have any sauce or the option of it, so if we were unlucky enough to have some dry meat it would stay that way, your party on the other hand could use the peanut sauce. I think that is why people are so unhappy with the changes.

I understand that Disney maybe wants to save on wasting money and food and am totally happy with that, but offer an alternative for people with allergies. In the end of the day, usually Disney have been notified of these allergies well in advance when booking the adrs so it wouldn't be too much for them to make sure they have a back up.

As for the other changes I don't mind them but again if they cause problems for people with allergies then maybe it was better left as was. I like more veg, and am sure my kids will too, but will wait and see what parts of the trail are kept.

As another poster asked, who would we contact if we wanted to voice our concerns about the sauce changes (im from the UK) anyone know?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #74
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post

The reason why we wouldn't eat there for dinner now, is because it isn't just that I couldn't have the peanut sauce. It's that everyone dining at our table couldn't have it and I wouldn't expect everyone to have noodles with NO sauce. For me, it isn't just eating it that will make me ill, if they touch the sauce, and touch me, I'll break out in a rash. If they breathe over me, it's a trip to the ER. If I eat it, it's a trip to the ER. We only ever ate at Ohana once for dinner and enjoyed it but never again.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #75
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

Yes, we would have to because of a severe peanut allergy in our family (me). If there are no other options, we would have no choice but to cancel. If anyone at our table ate this sauce and then breathed over me, it would mean a trip to the ER.
I understand the allergy concern and certainly wouldn't want you to have to go to the ER. Not a fun vacation activity for sure. Why don't you just note the allergy in the ADR and tell them no peanut sauce for the table? They will happily do that for you and then you won't have to worry!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: