Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Fp + question

Not sure if this was covered but if you are using the fp + are you then unable to use traditional fp? I think the answer would be yes, not sure if I would like this? Hmm guess I will have to see how it plays out.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

I'm waiting with you on this...... Waiting and seeing the specifics before I decide what will be best (if FP+ is up and running by then) for our next trip.

Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I am glad for once that I do not have a trip this year lol. I have a friend going in may so I want to try to get her the most information. Looking forward to more information on this.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

That's a really interesting question. From what we know, the traditional FP will still be available, if at least for a short length of time - no word on if it is really going away or not, when FP+ rolls out. However, if FP+ is done through the MagicBands, wouldn't that mean there is no paper ticket? I thought the band serves as your ticket. If that's the case, then you wouldn't be able to get a regular FP unless they re-do the machines, something I find unlikely.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I was talking to dh about this last night. I think that we use more than 3 fp in a day when we go. I think that this fp + might not be the best option for us. We would still have to do rope drop,3 fp would not eliminate the need for fast pass for us, hmmm I will need to see how it all plays out .....we also park hop soo that would also be a draw back. I wish we had more details about how this will work, will the parades and fireworks count towards your 3 fp? Sorry I just keep adding more questions lol.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Disney explicitly stated in the Terms & Conditions for the My Disney Experience web site that if your ticket is converted to be able to utilize FP+, you would then not be able to get regular Fastpasses. It's an either/or situation.

That's part of what makes me think regular Fastpass will be phased out, as more and more people have access to Fastpass+.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I think it will depend on the number of fp per day, and flexibilty between parks. Just 3,per day for one park does not sound that great to me?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: