Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
DIS Veteran
starsweeper's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 619

Need Advice for booking ahead/possible discount later

A little background: I had planned to take my ODS and ODD on a 4/5-day trip to WDW in early October. My mom has aggressive breast cancer and learned she now has spots in her lungs and brain. These are very treatable but could return again. She has expressed an interest in going with me and asked to include my brother as well. However, she asked to be at a monorail resort to reduce exertion and simplify things. This adds a lot more cost (we planned a budget trip). We have savings my DH says I should use, and he says I should book soon to lock in a room if they could sell out.

If I book a 2-bedroom suite at Contemporary now I know it will be outrageous, but I don't want to risk rooms selling out either. However, if a discount does come available, will I be able to apply that later? When should I worry about 2-bedroom suites being sold out? Should I book now, in 2-3 months, wait for discount in 4-6 months? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: My ODS could bunk with my brother in another room. Would it be cheaper/less risky to book 2 rooms?
Me(39) DH(43) DS(8) DD(8) DS(3) DD(2)

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct15 - Extended family trip?

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Oct14 - Sleeping Bear Dunes/Leelanau County MI, Jun15 - Black Hills/Badlands SD & Yellowstone/Grand Teton WY

Last edited by starsweeper; 01-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.