Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #76
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhunhe View Post
Seems like I won't be bying anything at all at WDW when I go there next year
Eh, there are still PLENTY of good things to be had. Between my 3 kids (they had their own spending $) and myself, I know we spent well over $1,000 and the only thing I can think of that we haven't been happy with was my $18.95 mug.
Aug./Sept. 2012 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2008 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #77
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

The small metal monorails - about 12 inches long - we have purchased 3 over the years and each one breaks apart.

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #78
SarahC73
Earning My Ears

I bought a 40th anniversary snowglobe from MK on our very last day in 2011 and when we got all the way back to the UK and opened it, the Tinkerbell on the front was broken in half and the missing half wasn't in the box (otherwise I would just have glued it back on), I was so upset

However I searched the Disney sight and found an e-mail for merchandising, explained the problem and all they asked me for was the bar code number from the receipt (which thankfully I had kept hold of). They sent me a brand new one with no charge and they didn't even want the broken one sent back, it absolutely made my day
SarahC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #79
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan View Post
Eh, there are still PLENTY of good things to be had. Between my 3 kids (they had their own spending $) and myself, I know we spent well over $1,000 and the only thing I can think of that we haven't been happy with was my $18.95 mug.
Hehe, yeah, probably, thing is that I don't buy anything that is not Lion King related

I do have the pillow pet that came straight from WDW since last November, and that one is still in perfect condition.

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #80
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan View Post
Just curious as to why you didn't like it? I didn't preorder this last time, paid the full price when I came home, but have full intentions on preordering the + because we ride so many of the rides multiple times and I know the kids would loving having all those pics.
My daughter is still young (6) and we kept getting seated behind people on rides, so her face couldn't be seen on most of the ride photos. I also hated waiting in line to get the ride photos added. Finally, I didn't realize that so few restaurants do a character photo before the character meals. Nothing at CP, and just a statue of Mickey at CMs. None of that is really Disney's fault (other than the process for adding the ride photos). It just wasn't a good value for us. The regular Photopass would have been just fine.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #81
rapunzels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
We still joke about the awful backscratcher we bought years ago. It was a weird thing to buy, I know, even still, it was useless as a backscratcher.
he-he...you bought a disney backscratcher.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #82
rapunzels
DIS Veteran

While others have said they had problems with the 2009 hoody sweatshirt, I bought the zipper sweatshirt, without the hoody, and mine did not shrink after washing it.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #83
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincessatlast

Is this still the case? I thought the same, but within the past year or two I noticed the change in Disney. They no longer have the friendly exchange they used to have for defective merchandise. If you don't have a receipt then they treat you like the PP mentioned, as if you stole it.

How long ago was it that you exchanged an item?
I was there in October and exchanged a pair of sunglasses with no problem.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #84
busymommy2pink
Lost in Neverland

The 3 pack of buses! C,e with a magical express, Disney bus and cruise bus. Wheeles fell off within seconds of opening! Major disappointment since my dds were so excited about them

MEDHDD8DD5

coming soon fam jam part 2 May 2015!!
planning sept 2014 with sister and nephew first time and dd5!! AKL or POR
Beach Club 10 days fam jam/little sis 1st time! August 2013!
Beach Club stay 11 days May 2012! First Family Vacation!!!
AKL 2010 ~~ Girls Only Trip...with my BFF and DD and her BFF
busymommy2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #85
LittleFlounder
DIS Veteran

This past November I bought a pair of knitted Kermit gloves from the Muppet gift shop in DHS, and the first time I wore them one of the fingers started unraveling (and its not something I could fix). I called Disney Merchandising.. they told me to email them a picture of the damaged glove and a scan of the receipt. They sent me a new pair of gloves... and didn't even ask for the damaged ones back!

I have a 2009 sweatshirt as well which got really pilly as well! It didn't shrink, but the sleeves are covered in pills. I still wear it though.

LittleFlounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #86
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusta1 View Post
The monorail. My dd wants a new one every time but they always break!
Yep. We got one a couple of years ago. It worked for about 5 minutes. I spent a good deal of time trying to get it replaced, but Disney was so non-responsive that I finally gave up.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #87
kofslinky
Mouseketeer

I bought a sweatshirt on one of my trips. It is a great zip up sweatshirt, but with the first wash (in cold water) the colors ran so it was splotchy. I still wear it around the house, but about a year ago the zipper pull broke on it as well. Now it's got a safety pin for a pull. I am sad since I spent so much and really like it, but I wish it has lasted longer than the first washing.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #88
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

This past October, DH and I bought a set of Mickey/Minnie key chains that are shaped like puzzle pieces and fit together. Within a month the little ring that connects the puzzle piece to the larger ring opened and it separated from the large ring. The exact same thing happened to DHs a few days after it happened to mine.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #89
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise18
This past October, DH and I bought a set of Mickey/Minnie key chains that are shaped like puzzle pieces and fit together. Within a month the little ring that connects the puzzle piece to the larger ring opened and it separated from the large ring. The exact same thing happened to DHs a few days after it happened to mine.
OMG, same thing happened to DBF and I. We bought the set in July and sometime in September, I realized my puzzle piece had fallen off my key ring. DBF still has his, but probably only because he took his off his key ring after mine fell. :/

Still makes me sad because it was SUCH a cute idea.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #90
heartse
Mouseketeer

Wow... I am shocked at many of these. We have bought many things at Disney and can't say that we have had problems like everyone is reporting. Then again maybe it's the items we are buying - no electronics, no toys. Even with the clothing it sounds like the women's clothes have more of the problems. Although, I will say that the tshirt we bought for our DD a few years ago was quite small for it's size and she outgrew it rather within the year.

I've eaten at 37 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (15%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
heartse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: