Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #61
dancer_mom
Mouseketeer

Ummmmm - HALF of what we bought the kids!!!! Mickey Mouse remote control train... broke after 15 minutes of use... the cinderella plastic carriage busted a wheel off within a day...

Good Purchases: Stuffed animals, potato head parts (kids love these), and the plastic play figures that go with the movies. We will be more careful with what we buy next trip
dancer_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #62
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

One thing that I've always thought was interesting was that for as much pride as Disney puts into their feature-length animation and theme parks, they seem to be willing to slap the Disney name on just about any product, regardless of quality. As the parent of a Disney-crazed DD3, we have purchased many, many Disney-licensed products, and the quality is all over the map. Some of the products are really, really outstanding, whereas there have been other toys we've purchased that have broken within minutes of opening them, in some cases before DD3 even had a chance to play with them.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #63
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

The clear pouches that clip on the bottom of your lanyard!

I've bought a couple of them now, and they only last a trip or two before they rip or the white slider part falls off and gets lost.

They are really useful when they are working, which is why I keep buying them, but I guess I won't have to when FP+ goes live. Now I'll just have to worry about a losing a cheap bracelet holding that is my room key and FPs!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #64
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
The one with all the characters and the white hand? Stupid thing has rounded fingertips so there's nothing to scratch with!
That's the one! We should have known better by looking at it.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #65
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
That's the one! We should have known better by looking at it.
Well at least my kids have fun poking each other with it
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #66
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Couldn't agree more! LOVED Photopass on our first year. Photopass+ was a total letdown.
Just curious as to why you didn't like it? I didn't preorder this last time, paid the full price when I came home, but have full intentions on preordering the + because we ride so many of the rides multiple times and I know the kids would loving having all those pics.
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #67
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Any product I've ever bought at a Disney park that I've had a problem with, I've always held onto it until my next trip and gotten a replacement. I've done this with the stroller fan, a ring that lost its stone, sunglasses that broke. I've never been given a hard time, they are always happy to replace "defective" merchandise.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #68
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
Any product I've ever bought at a Disney park that I've had a problem with, I've always held onto it until my next trip and gotten a replacement. I've done this with the stroller fan, a ring that lost its stone, sunglasses that broke. I've never been given a hard time, they are always happy to replace "defective" merchandise.
Is this still the case? I thought the same, but within the past year or two I noticed the change in Disney. They no longer have the friendly exchange they used to have for defective merchandise. If you don't have a receipt then they treat you like the PP mentioned, as if you stole it.

How long ago was it that you exchanged an item?
aprincessatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #69
Polyfor30th
My cousin was detained by dhs once for refusing to give up her block of cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
Wallets and cross-body bags.

Instead of sewing them, thy use glue for a lot of it. The glue melts in the Florida humidity/heat.
That happened to me as well. Bought a cute, large canvas hobo bag a few years back. The glue has leeched out along the seams and stained the fabric a brown color. Boo!

Polyfor30th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #70
SuperPreparo
Earning My Ears

Flip flops - the little white Mickeys began wearing off as soon as I started wearing them and a metal water bottle from Castaway Cay - the paint started peeling off within weeks.

"Always within a 15' radius of a Mickey"
SuperPreparo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #71
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

Seems like I won't be bying anything at all at WDW when I go there next year

I've gotten plush, t-shirts, mugs, hairclips, babybottles/plates, toys at Disneyland Paris, througout the past 9 years, and all things are still alive and in good condition, luckily.

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #72
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

AK Mickey Ears ornament from our first trip--was broken when it arrived at the resort from the park. It was replaced and that one broke before we got home, even though I packed it safely and we drove.

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun15 - Yellowstone/Grand Teton Parks
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #73
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer

Yes, the monorail toy. My DH and I went by ourselves for a few days 3 years ago and came back with the monorail for our boys. Got it out and set it up and it didn't work! Emailed Disney and they sent another one. Didn't work. Emailed them again and they sent another one. The third one was the charm. It worked. But, I was disappointed in the overall quality of the monorail and the little characters. I thought for the price they could have made the monorail train much nicer. The little doors are always popping off too.
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #74
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer

Oh and I forgot about my mickey pearl necklace that my husband bought me on our first big family trip. It was the 3 pearls that look like the mickey head (if you've ever seen it). The big pearl fell off and I only had it a week!
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #75
*HappyDisneyMom*
*Dreams Come True*

The Cinderella Castle playset. We had it shipped home and gave it to my daughter for Christmas one year. It was broken within a week or two and not by no fault of my daughter, expected more especially because of the cost.

*HappyDisneyMom* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: