Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #31
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald51362 View Post
Okay so maybe my words made of money were not quite what I meant. I am in my 50's and have not been there since 1974. In todays world I can't see all these people staying at the best and doing all the things they write about. I work two part time jobs and it's still hard to come up with the money for a nice trip. My hubby works full time but it's still hard to try and get one trip to Disney in but some of you are going multiple times and I don't know how you all are doing this. I'm only looking at trying to go for 4 days and it's still going to cost a lot. Plus we'd even be driving down. I wish I knew everyone's secret.
I don't think there's any secret to it; the simple answer is that some people have more money than others. Some people have jobs that pay $20K a year, some have jobs that pay $450,000 a year. Everyone's financial situation is different. Some families have medical or educational or housing expenses that take up every dime of disposable income, other families don't. Some people have to scrape for years to afford a single trip to a value resort, others can pay cash for a suite at the Grand Floridian three times a year without a second thought. There's nothing magical about it.

One thing to remember is that on this board, you're only seeing posts from the people who can afford a WDW trip with a stay at a Disney resort, and that can make it seem like everyone but you has boatloads of money to spend on vacations. You're not hearing from the millions of people in this country for whom a trip to WDW would be an impossible expense.

Do pay a visit to our Budget Board. The good folks over there know all sorts of ways to stretch your vacation dollar.

Also, check out our Orlando Hotels and Attractions board for lots of information and reviews for the offsite hotels.....you can find some really amazing deals offsite.

Right here under the Resorts board is our Discount Codes and Rates board, where you'll find the latest scoop on Disney resort discounts.

You can also check out Mousesavers for a ton of information on hotel, dining, and transportation discounts and deals in the Central Florida area.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: