Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #1201
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Bowling Pin Pool Refurb

Just read on the DIS updates that the Bowling Pin pool will be closed from 2/25/2013- 2/27/2013

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #1202
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyherewecome123 View Post
Going to be at PoP in 40
Days!!! Can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
17 days! Yay. Requested upper floor, lake view. Not scared of Florida roaches, Texas has ginormous flying rusty brown cockroaches. I finally got more or less used to 'em. Florida roaches couldn't be any worse. Still kill 'em on sight though.

I will watch the bug 4d movie in Animal Kingdom.

Whee! I'm happy about the extended EMH hours.
That's three more hours at Disney for no extra money! Makes up for the $300 i decided not to spend on flights that would only have got me toi Disney 3 hours earlier. And on days that for various reasons I chose parks with EMH, leaving shorter lines for the other parks on other days.

Katie
We request lakeview, upper floor as well.

I can't imagine having huge flying coachroaches as a norm! BTW, I found it funny you mentioning seeing the tough to be a bug after all the roach talk.

We like the EMH evening hours at MK especially. BTW, on our arrival/departure days, we often head to DTD to shop/eat or visit resorts. Capitalizing on a late EMH is great too.

Enjoy!

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #1203
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Pop is full right now!

My daughter is staying there now to do the marathon and she says the weather is great and everything is busy! They sent a sunset picture as they were eating on the porch at Tony's in MK last night and it was beautiful! Well, we'll be going down in September!!

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #1204
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Just read on the DIS updates that the Bowling Pin pool will be closed from 2/25/2013- 2/27/2013
And Mary Waring's Mousesavers newsletter that came out today says that the computer pool will be closed for a couple of days right after that:

Computer Pool (Pop Century Resort) closed 2/28/13-3/1/13 for refurbishment.

Welcome back to the real world Janet. I know you had fun and I'm sorry you have the post-Disney blues now. On to planning your next WDW adventure!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #1205
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker93 View Post
My daughter is staying there now to do the marathon and she says the weather is great and everything is busy! They sent a sunset picture as they were eating on the porch at Tony's in MK last night and it was beautiful! Well, we'll be going down in September!!
The great weather continues!! We were so fortunate to have beautiful weather as well last week ... highs in the upper 70s to 80 with low humidity... perfect! I've never had it so good, it's always Hot & Humid when we go in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
And Mary Waring's Mousesavers newsletter that came out today says that the computer pool will be closed for a couple of days right after that:

Computer Pool (Pop Century Resort) closed 2/28/13-3/1/13 for refurbishment.

Welcome back to the real world Janet. I know you had fun and I'm sorry you have the post-Disney blues now. On to planning your next WDW adventure!
Thanks Sandi! We had fun, althought it was bittersweet as well as we lost a dear friend just prior to the trip, DISer Jungle Cruiser [Sarah]. She was to be on the trip as well, so the trip was taken in her memory and to pay tribute to her. She was a sweet, caring, kind & courageous person, that loved all things Disney. She will be missed very much.

Thanks for the update on the computer pool... Mary always has the goods.

TY Kook!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1206
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

I'm officially in the single digits...9 days until we pop into Pop Century! I'm hoping for the best with our requested non-accessible king bed, on the highest floor possible. We have a Preferred Pool View booked...so it feels like chances are slim. Regardless, I know we'll have a great time!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #1207
mhanback
Mouseketeer

Mary also says:

Hippy Dippy Kiddie Pool (Pop Century) closed 2/19/13-3/15/13 for pool deck replacement.

This is right in the middle of our March visit. How do you think will affect the overall "feel" of the 60's area when you exit the main building? I am thrown off by this news today.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #1208
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanback View Post
Mary also says:

Hippy Dippy Kiddie Pool (Pop Century) closed 2/19/13-3/15/13 for pool deck replacement.

This is right in the middle of our March visit. How do you think will affect the overall "feel" of the 60's area when you exit the main building? I am thrown off by this news today.
I think it won't have that much of an impact on the feel. The kiddie pool is behind the Hippy Dippy pool on the way to Memory Lane. It isn't that big. Obviously they'll have barriers of some sort up, but since the main pool will remain open, it seems like they'll do a good job of keeping guests happy and the appearance where work is being done on the kiddie pool won't be that bad.

Of course, that's just my two cents. We rarely use the Hippy Dippy pool and only used the kiddie pool with my nephew a few years ago. I never pay for a pool or preferred view, but anyone who has paid for that during the time that the kiddie pool deck is being replaced, might want to reconsider.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #1209
mhanback
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Sandie! I just realized it says "KIDDIE" pool. I was thinking the main pool all morning. I feel stupid now!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #1210
Janet B
DIS Veteran

POOL Refurbishment Updates

Pool Refurbishment updates:

Hippy Dippy Kiddie Pool closed 2/19/13-3/15/13 - pool deck replacement.

Bowling Pin Pool closed 2/25 - 2/27/13

Computer Pool closed 2/28/13-3/1/13

Thanks to Sandi and mhanback for posting the info!

TY Kook!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #1211
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanback View Post
Thank you, Sandie! I just realized it says "KIDDIE" pool. I was thinking the main pool all morning. I feel stupid now!
You shouldn't feel stupid. Your question was legit. The main pool would definitely be a different story though.

I hope you have a wonderful time during your visit.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #1212
zoey9989
Mouseketeer

My baby sister will be turning 21 on midnight on superbowl sunday. what are the chances that petals will still be open at this time?? whats the latest you have seen it open? thanks all!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #1213
apentney
Mouseketeer

What would you say is the best building 50,60,70?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #1214
apentney
Mouseketeer

What would you say is the best building to stay in 50,60,70?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #1215
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney
What would you say is the best building to stay in 50,60,70?
Personally, I enjoyed the 60s. It's close to the main building, transportation, the Hippy Dippy Pool, and it seems to have easy access to Art of Animation.

But o think others consider theming, necessity of being close to certain ammenities/icons/views, accessibility to their car(if they do have one) and of course cost.

Sent from my HTC One X using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: