Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn3456 View Post
HI everyone,

We are planning our first trip to WDW for our 5 younger kids (11,9,8,6,&5) the 6 and 5 year old and very much are momma's kids. They like to be held and will complain of being tired from all the walking. Although we do not normally use a stroller with them, I am thinking it will be a good idea while we are there. I do not like the strollers you can rent at the park, they do not look comfortable and I don't want to pay for them to have the kids complain about them The Apple Scooter place where we are renting an EVC for my mom has jogging strollers that look nice and I don't mind paying to rent. However my concern is parking it during rides and attractions. I am worrying about theft/loss etc. Does anyone have any experience with this either good or bad? Any other thoughts/ideas on renting from an outside vs a park is also appreciated!
Thanks!!!
I think you definitely need a stroller for the ones under 8. I'll bet the 8 year old may take a break there as well if space is open. Disney can be tiring, especially for little ones. Remember it takes them 2-3 steps for each of ours.

There are several places that rent different stroller.

As far as having the carriage stolen it is very unlikely, but not impossible. Most rental places have insurance that is not real expensive. You can also contact your credit card company. I never would have thought of it, but some actually cover the cost of loss if you pay with the card. We had a carriage when our kids were younger and I know a lot of others that never had a problem. Of course with that many people and the environment, I am sure there are thieves there as well. I suggest you find the carriage you want, ask about the insurance and include it in your budget for the trip.

Then forget about it and have a great time!

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

I think I'd just buy a higher weight limit umbrella stroller for them to take turns. I have one that has a 50 lb weit limit so my almost 6 year old can still ride on it if need be.

In the past we've rented from all three companies noted above. They were each fine and provided almost exactly the same things. Last time we used Kingdom strollers and it was the cheapest.
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: