Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

I am going to double check the quote she gave me (we are using AAA), it does seem too good to be true. We are currently doing half our time in the LK suite which is very expensive for a value and only 3 of us, I think that savings comes in because she was comparing full time at AoA and we would have to give up the spilt stay and do Poly the entire time. I am not sure I am willing to give up the split stay after being so excited about it.

So for those that have stayed at both, how do the walks from rooms to food court/registration/main buildings compare?

My main hesitation on the Poly (other than the cost), is I hear so much about the monorail having problems and I know that will frustrate me immensely since the main reason I would stay there is for the monorail.
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

The monorail workd most of the time, if its not working you can use the boat launch to MK.

The monorails just get crowded to me , so we ise the launches.

Last trip the monorail never broke down...
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Never had any real problems with the monorail until the GF started the construction. We stayed at BLT last March and the monorail didn't run between something like 11am-6pm every day. But if it was too windy , they ran it because the boats couldn't run. It was crazy!! We never knew which we were supposed to use! Our last trip was 11 days in Dec. We stayed at POR and we never rode a monorail! We went to TTC one night to take monorail to MK for dinner and they had it blocked off and EVERYONE had to take the ferry. We got on the 3rd boat! Almost late for our ressies. Very stressful! BUT... that said in our 20+years at Disney we have never had any major problems with the monorail until they started this construction! I wouldn't let it scare you away from the Poly if you get a great deal!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #19
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Well, the difference is about $320 something between 8 nights at Poly. We could swing it if I had my heart set on it, but we want to do a split stay and get to experience 2 hotels in one trip, and I am not willing to give up the character theming for my daughter and my husband is not willing to give up a suite for part of the trip.

We will have a car so if bus/transportation becomes an issue elsewhere we can drive in, but if the monorail is an issue we only have the boats. And the Poly will always be there--when she is 8-10 years old she will probably care less about the Little Mermaid, will be taller and stronger to appreciate the Poly pool and slide. Plus we can ride the monorail to and from many other places for the experience if just riding.

I am going to take that money and give her a Pirates and Pals cruise and Fantasmic instead.
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

When the monorail is down for the MK does that mean it isn't running for EPCOT either? The monorail convenience is one of the reasons I booked POLY (not that it would keep me away mind you ) But just curious if this is something we might have to be in store for on our late April trip....

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindie-rella View Post
When the monorail is down for the MK does that mean it isn't running for EPCOT either? The monorail convenience is one of the reasons I booked POLY (not that it would keep me away mind you ) But just curious if this is something we might have to be in store for on our late April trip....
We've NEVER had a problem with the monorail every time we've gone. (knocking on wood, of course). I would think that the Epcot monorail would still run unless there is a serious weather issue. I would definitely spend the extra money and do the Poly. It's our favorite and so convenient to both MK and TTC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: