Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #2236
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

AngiTN- if you are sitting down on the balcony at CL, you can see the sky and the top of the buildings, but you need to stand to see down...only drawback in my opinion.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #2237
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
AngiTN- if you are sitting down on the balcony at CL, you can see the sky and the top of the buildings, but you need to stand to see down...only drawback in my opinion.
Thanks. That does give me something to think on. I was really hoping to enjoy sitting on the balcony time. Standing on it isn't much of a break from walking the parks all day
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #2238
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN

Thanks. That does give me something to think on. I was really hoping to enjoy sitting on the balcony time. Standing on it isn't much of a break from walking the parks all day
We kept the chairs facing the room and opened the slider, so it was like a room extension. We really enjoyed being on CL, though... when we stay at the Grand that is out of reach. We all agreed that if we were to stay at WL again, it would only be CL for us
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #2239
monami7
DIS Veteran

WE LEAVE IN AN HOUR!!!!

I am so excited!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #2240
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Have a blast
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #2241
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

I took the plunge and switched to CL. I didn't put any room requests in as of yet.
To make sure I understand the next steps, since I'm rather close to the trip, about 43 days out, I need to make the contacts to the IPO? Any others?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #2242
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We kept the chairs facing the room and opened the slider, so it was like a room extension. We really enjoyed being on CL, though... when we stay at the Grand that is out of reach. We all agreed that if we were to stay at WL again, it would only be CL for us
I got claustrophobic on the CL rooms. Next time I let them know and they put us on the 5 th floor with CL access. It was great!!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #2243
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
We are going to be staying at WL the end of next month for our Granddaugher's 5th birthday celebration at Disney. We've been to Disney before but first time in a Deluxe. We stayed at a Mod and a Value in the past.

We are there for 9 nights, planning 6 days at the parks and the rest down days. We currently have booked a Courtyard View and now I can't seem to recall what floor requests I entered when doing the online check in. Upper ones I'm thinking.
Anyway, now I'm toying with the idea of switching to a CL stay, standard room. Will I regret switching? Silly question to many I'm sure. Since we are rather close to our trip all our dinning reservations are done, so we won't use the IPO for that. With 2 days at the resort/not going to a park I keep thinking we'd enjoy a bit of CL features.
I would probably use them to help plan some surprises for DGD.
The other option I was thinking was getting a Bunkbed Courtyard view room. I can't determine where those are in regards to where in the resort they are. Are they spread throughout or all on a particular floor/area?
Anyone have any input?
We will be there at the end of next month celebrating our son's 7th birthday on 2/26. We are staying CL for the first time. I see that in a later post you made the switch. We arrive 2/24 and check out on 3/2. If our trips coincide, our son would love to wish your DGD a very happy birthday! And share any birthday cake he may get during our week..... (Daddy doesn't eat it and Mommy is already planning to overindulge at Karamel Kuche in Epcot).

I am really not sure what to do about views and what to request because we were so spoiled with a inner courtyard view on our trip last January. I've advised my TA to not make any requests but thinking I may email IPO to request an inner Courtyard view again with a view of Bay Lake and the Geyser if at all possible.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, 1/2012 - First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR,
Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #2244
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
We will be there at the end of next month celebrating our son's 7th birthday on 2/26. We are staying CL for the first time. I see that in a later post you made the switch. We arrive 2/24 and check out on 3/2. If our trips coincide, our son would love to wish your DGD a very happy birthday! And share any birthday cake he may get during our week..... (Daddy doesn't eat it and Mommy is already planning to overindulge at Karamel Kuche in Epcot).

I am really not sure what to do about views and what to request because we were so spoiled with a inner courtyard view on our trip last January. I've advised my TA to not make any requests but thinking I may email IPO to request an inner Courtyard view again with a view of Bay Lake and the Geyser if at all possible.
Our trip does indeed overlap. We check in on 2/27 and out on 3/8. I hope to arrive early enough on the 27th to do some relaxing and exploring at the resort. We too will have a cake, with leftovers to share I'm sure. DGD birthday is 3/11 (which is spring break time so we are celebrating a tad early). Look for a little girl overdressed in Disney customs and you'll likely find us I'll keep my eye out for a birthday boy too

I was advised to ask for a room with a view of Wishes. Does that sound possible?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #2245
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb20 View Post
Is the breakfast in the morning provided by the hotel only for club level guests?
Just to clarify further, there is a club level lounge on the 7th floor where breakfast is served to CL guests only, but breakfast is served to all guests at both Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS) and Roaring Fork (QS) and the Mercantile also sells some (grocery) breakfast items. Trail's End at FW also has a wonderful breakfast buffet as does the Wave at the CR which are both just a boat ride away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
So do I.... Now to talk HRH into it
What's the status on the HRH2013switcheroo?

Quote:
I feel the same way - only disadvantage.

Quote:
Here's what the view is looking straight out while seated:

If you're very worried about the enclosed balcony railing, you could book a Deluxe Room. There are 24 of them on floors 1-6 only and they have two regular balcony railings, about 500 SF, a separate sitting room with a sofa bed and CL access. There are photo links on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
WE LEAVE IN AN HOUR!!!!

I am so excited!
Are you there yet?!

Quote:
I took the plunge and switched to CL. I didn't put any room requests in as of yet.
To make sure I understand the next steps, since I'm rather close to the trip, about 43 days out, I need to make the contacts to the IPO? Any others?
Congratulations! I think you'll love it. You can just send an email to the IPO introducing yourself - include your confirmation number in the subject line. There isn't anyone else to make contact with. If you want to make a room location request, I would suggest either a North Wing room ("Wishes view"), which you might be able to see some of Wishes from or an INNER or WL Courtyard View room where you'll be able to watch the EWP, Bay Lake and geyser (our favorite view). If you need bunks, those are on a by-request basis, too.

Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post

See my response above about CL views. What a fun vacation!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #2246
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

I have a question re: the current Bounceback offer as related to the WL...
As I plan ahead to book during my April GF visit (around mid-Nov., so as to see the decorations, but MISS the holiday crowds..), can anyone who is there now tell me if the WL gets that 30 % discount too? Reason I ask is that it seems that lately, the WL is never as good a discount as the other Deluxes.:

I'm also wondering if there will even be any availability left by my April trip!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #2247
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here's what the view is looking straight out while seated:

If you're very worried about the enclosed balcony railing, you could book a Deluxe Room. There are 24 of them on floors 1-6 only and they have two regular balcony railings, about 500 SF, a separate sitting room with a sofa bed and CL access. There are photo links on the first page.

Congratulations! I think you'll love it. You can just send an email to the IPO introducing yourself - include your confirmation number in the subject line. There isn't anyone else to make contact with. If you want to make a room location request, I would suggest either a North Wing room ("Wishes view"), which you might be able to see some of Wishes from or an INNER or WL Courtyard View room where you'll be able to watch the EWP, Bay Lake and geyser (our favorite view). If you need bunks, those are on a by-request basis, too.

Happy planning!

See my response above about CL views. What a fun vacation!
Thanks for the info. That view isn't particularly exciting but I'm sure the rest will more than make up for it. I would have booked a Deluxe room, or at least priced one, but none show as available for our stay. As it's a Birthday trip we can't adjust dates.

I sent a note off to the IPO last night. I'll see if I can at least get a room request so we can see EWP. We won't need bunks. We'd take one if that's what we got but we don't need it. DGD has one in her room so no big deal if there is one at Disney or not.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #2248
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

Subscribing.We just switched our resort to WL from POFQ, will be my husband, 2 girls, and myself. We'll be meeting up with my SIL, her husband, their daughter, and her MIL. My girls do not know yet, we'll wait to tell them around April. I'm excited, but honestly WL wasn't on my radar; we're staying because this is where SIL will be, and figure it'll be easier if the girls are closer together.

So since WL lodge wasn't on my radar I am playing catch up trying to learn about it, so far it seems like a nice resort. We'll likely request bunk beds since the girls would get a huge kick out of them if we got them.

We stayed at CSR this past September and my biggest complaint was the large layout, so going to a deluxe will hopefully stop this problem. I am also excited about the boat launch to MK and CR, we have a lot of reservations at CR, Poly, and MK so the launch and monorail access should be convenient. I'm a little guarded though, the theming of the resort is not what I normally go for. I know Disney resorts are all beautiful in their own way, so hopefully the rustic thing will grow on me.

Looking forward to learning all about the resort!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #2249
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We stayed WL for the first time at T'giving and loved it. It was not on our radar either- the Grand courtyard pool and Gasparillas was closed- but we like the MK resorts and wanted to stay in that area. It was a great decision for us...hope for you too
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #2250
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
J
What's the status on the HRH2013switcheroo?
I have already frustrated the poor girl with all my questions...now she said she wants to be somewhere quiet so she doesn't get a headache WL is pretty quiet...IMHO

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: