Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,152

I can understand the frustration for toddler choices, but I don't agree about making a menu option for them honestly. It is such a small time frame when kids are toddlers or don't eat that much that it would be kind of silly to have a whole menu dedicated to them IMO.

I've seen more reports of toddlers out eating older children lately than anything else.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #17
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
 
CalSea12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Home of the cowboys baby!
Posts: 560

I do not think the toddler menu would work with my kiddo, because she typically eats off our plates and she is not even one yet. So I know either she will always being eating off our plates until she gets older or I would get her a big kids meal. She isnt picky and actually prefers our food over kiddo food.

The only restaurant I am going to this time that makes me worry a little is La Hacienda because of the spice. She didnt do well the last time she ate Mexican food. Otherwise I think she will do fine. I was wondering about her actually getting a plate at buffets though, good to hear she can have one.
__________________
DH-Stitch Me-Kitty DD-Boo

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
I do not think the toddler menu would work with my kiddo, because she typically eats off our plates and she is not even one yet. So I know either she will always being eating off our plates until she gets older or I would get her a big kids meal. She isnt picky and actually prefers our food over kiddo food.

The only restaurant I am going to this time that makes me worry a little is La Hacienda because of the spice. She didnt do well the last time she ate Mexican food. Otherwise I think she will do fine. I was wondering about her actually getting a plate at buffets though, good to hear she can have one.
There were only a few reports of getting charged for getting a plate. Most people said when they were charged they told the server the child was under 3 and the charge was removed.

You shouldn't have a problem at all.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
6disneykids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 353

I haven't had a problem in the past with my kids eating part of an adult meal. Our family meals aren't what some consider "toddler friendly" and what we order in March, I don't think my 2 year old will have a problem with. Our trip in March is the first in along time that we will only have 1 of 6 under 3, so we have been sharing meals with toddlers at Disney for quite awhile. My concern is that my older kids, not yet Disney adults will be un happy with choices they are offered.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
travelgirl06
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 665

While I think it's cool DL has a toddler menu option, it isn't something I would expect... How many "normal" restaurants have this option - with the exception of a few fast food places having " kids" and "big kids" meals, I can't think of many...

When we are out we either order something we can share with DD (pretty much anything that isn't too spicy) or we get her a kids meal. Some kids meals are great (veggies, healthy options, etc.) and others are less-than-stellar. We do usually wind up bringing about half of the meal home, which I don't mind since I pack it into daycare lunches. Smaller meals would be a nice, when leftover-saving is less of an option, but sharing off an adult plate or ordering an appetizer that you can all share or bringing snacks are all feasible
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0nxvas9f0j4p96of.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>

2012 - Disney Dream and Food & Wine Festival
2008 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Free Dining
2007 ~ Coronado Springs ~ Free Dining
2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
travelgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
hiddenj
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 122

We don't make special food for our toddler at home, so she doesn't get special food when we go out either. She's been eating whatever we eat since she's been on table food. I just order something that I know she can handle (she's milk intolerant) and she eats off my plate. At times, she will eat more than I will. I will often get a salad, soup, or extra side dish so that we have enough food.
hiddenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #22
livinlife25
DIS Veteran
 
livinlife25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl06 View Post
While I think it's cool DL has a toddler menu option, it isn't something I would expect... How many "normal" restaurants have this option - with the exception of a few fast food places having " kids" and "big kids" meals, I can't think of many...

When we are out we either order something we can share with DD (pretty much anything that isn't too spicy) or we get her a kids meal. Some kids meals are great (veggies, healthy options, etc.) and others are less-than-stellar. We do usually wind up bringing about half of the meal home, which I don't mind since I pack it into daycare lunches. Smaller meals would be a nice, when leftover-saving is less of an option, but sharing off an adult plate or ordering an appetizer that you can all share or bringing snacks are all feasible
The difference to me is that most "normal restaurants" don't have kids meals that cost over 9 dollars. And you don't have to do that multiple times a day for a week.
__________________
DH 33 Me 30 DS 3

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #23
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,023

This is why I am so glad that my 15 month old will eat whatever we eat. He is a great eater! I guess we just lucked out, lol

I think it's nice that places like Garden Grill and Ohana will give toddlers kid friendly options free of charge. They don't have to, so that's really sweet. We are eating at both places during our next trip.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
Dis703
DIS Veteran
 
Dis703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 860

We had no problem getting DS his own plate when he was 26 months old at buffets in Disney. In fact because he had food allergies and a very limited amount of foods he could eat, the chefs often prepared him something in the back and brought it out for him at buffets or otherwise with no extra charge.
Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting
 
MrRomance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,424

I have been to WDW with a toddler twice. First time with my God son before I had kids of my own and then again when our own daughter was a toddler. We do not feed our children any "junk" food, nuggets, burgers and the like, and we never had any problems finding healthy food they would eat. We tend to dine mainly at buffets. It sounds like people who experience difficulties are referring to quick/counter service locations. There a number of locations that have baked potatoes which we often bought for our toddlers. DHS we used Starring Rolls sandwich cutting some of the bread and meat off for them. There are plenty of places to buy fruit and apple sauce, I think the problem is knowing what you can get and where to get it.
__________________

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #26
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer
 
tinkermama117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
I have been to WDW with a toddler twice. First time with my God son before I had kids of my own and then again when our own daughter was a toddler. We do not feed our children any "junk" food, nuggets, burgers and the like, and we never had any problems finding healthy food they would eat. We tend to dine mainly at buffets. It sounds like people who experience difficulties are referring to quick/counter service locations. There a number of locations that have baked potatoes which we often bought for our toddlers. DHS we used Starring Rolls sandwich cutting some of the bread and meat off for them. There are plenty of places to buy fruit and apple sauce, I think the problem is knowing what you can get and where to get it.
Forgive me as I did not read the whole thread, but I completely agree with this post. We have been taking our DD, now 6, to DW since she was a baby. We have never had an issue with finding suitable food for her. For example, at Coral Reef she had fish and rice with steamed vegetables. Buffets offer a ton of options. As for quick service, there are a lot of places out there that offer more than just the typical kid food. I like how they give carrot sticks and grapes instead of just a side of fries. The right food is definitely out there
__________________
DH me DD 7 DS 3 Our New Blog! homeiswherethemouseis.blogspot.com
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.