Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
kaligal
DIS Veteran

Key chains! Some broke faster than others, but they all broke at some point.

The Mickey ice cube trays.

Shirts purchased in the last 5-10 years. They just shrink and lose shape.

I, too, have had post-it notes that didn't stick.

Most of what Disney sells these days is junk. It isn't cheap, but it is junk.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #32
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I believe that most of mine have been posted, but I'll reiterate just in case

- The charm bracelets - they are good for the most part, but some of the charms are way too heavy and break off

- Post its - Mine stick to things fine, but some of them when you go to take them off, they rip, instead of peeling off. There is something strange about the glue they use.

- The first water-mister-fan-thing we bought had a leak in it, so you couldn't keep much water in it and it got everywhere when you tried to spray. But that could be just that one bottle because my brother bought one on another trip and it worked fine.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #33
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

I had a keychain that I purchased from Trend-D. It fell apart by the time I reached the hotel. I exchanged it for another keychain and It fell apart a month later.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #34
kaligal
DIS Veteran

Wallets and cross-body bags.

Instead of sewing them, thy use glue for a lot of it. The glue melts in the Florida humidity/heat.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #35
mill4023
DIS Veteran

We give our kids a set amount that they can spend on souvenirs. What they spend it on is their decision, with one exception. We won't let them buy jewelry any more. They bought jewelry on the first couple trips and every piece broke with very little use.
September, 2007 - Pop Century
June, 2011 - Indian Creek Villa

Fun family games for a road trip

The 9 best iPhone apps for a road trip
mill4023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #36
LeeLee'sMom
DIS Veteran

I agree the Disney shirts definitely shrink, so I am now in the mind frame of buying a size larger, sweatshirts have been fine for us, luckily. However, whenever our balloons start to die down, whether it's from the weather, etc..they always let us exchange it for one a new one
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #37
ScholarAndAGent
Earning My Ears

I bought two pins that had bent or crooked backs. I'm afraid of breaking them off if I straighten them out.
ScholarAndAGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #38
stitch1094
Mouseketeer

Christmas 2011 at HS I purchased 6 sets of the christmas light necklaces that blinked. I brought them home for the family. They all wore them the first day and a few hours later all of them had fallen apart. The wires had come right out out of the bulbs.

Same trip, at Epcot, I purchased one of the hand held "spinners". This one was a clear snowman with mickey ears that had "snow" inside. The spinner blew the "snow" around. By January it was broken.

Disney should be embarrassed for the junk they sell.
stitch1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #39
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
The play Castle. Garbage.

We also found this to be true. It was a mess but DD did enjoy it for a while.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #40
annej

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post

Balloons. No luck with them lasting more than a few hours.
Some info we received this last trip on balloons. We had purchased the light up Tink in MK and it went flat within a day. DH spoke to a CM with the balloons and she told him that if you bring back ANY part of a balloon that you had purchased and not been happy with they would replace it. She replaced DD's balloon.

We purchased the multi christmas tree ornament display tree. Total junk. I didn't even use it. It went together poorly and in fact one of the arms broke and is unusable. Only thing I have ever bought that I felt that way about.
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

annej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #41
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej View Post
Some info we received this last trip on balloons. We had purchased the light up Tink in MK and it went flat within a day. DH spoke to a CM with the balloons and she told him that if you bring back ANY part of a balloon that you had purchased and not been happy with they would replace it. She replaced DD's balloon.
Yes, we have had them replaced. That's a nice perk, but I still think they aren't worth it.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #42
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej View Post
Some info we received this last trip on balloons. We had purchased the light up Tink in MK and it went flat within a day. DH spoke to a CM with the balloons and she told him that if you bring back ANY part of a balloon that you had purchased and not been happy with they would replace it. She replaced DD's balloon..
That's true about the balloons. If they break/go down during your trip, take whatever you can to the park and they'll replace it for you

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #43
cyros
Mouseketeer

Balloons were one of the few things we bought on our trip to Disney. It was still alive and kicking 4 days later when it was time to fly back home. I wonder if it was because it was only in the sun for one day while it was tied to our stroller? We took it back to the rental house where there was great air conditioning and I was amazed how long it lasted.

I too bought one of those Polly Pocket type Tinkerbell sets. What a PITA. You really had to fight with it to put on the pieces, some wouldn't stay on and of course pieces were missing almost immediately. Won't do that again.

Our second trip is in less than two weeks. My only planned purchases are another pearl from Japan on a cell phone charm (we got one the first trip and attached the latch to a charm bracelet at home and it is still great 3 years later) and another antenna topper and if they still have rhinestone mickey hair clips outside Pirates, I'll grab some of those too since they were inexpensive and held up until one was lost a while back. Oh! And I heard you can get Mickey crazy straws somewhere in MK so if I come across those, I'll get some for souvenirs. I heard they are less than a dollar so if they don't last, it isn't a tragedy.
cyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
The play Castle. Garbage.

The spinning light up Minnie's - they stopped working before we got to the car. The kids still always ask for a new one - ugh no they are junk.

Did you change the batteries out in the Minnies? We have one of those from about 3 years ago, and it still works great. Sounds like if it wasn't the batteries, you just got a bad one.

I agree the play castle is junk...expensive junk.

We got a charm bracelet with the princesses on it. Apparently, they had very thin necks because within a week we had a bracelet full of heads. That was probably the worst one we ever bought.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #45
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

My feelings on this subject are long so I will do bullet points.

-I Phone case- Minnie Bling (Feb 2012)
-Broke in 2 weeks
-Lost reciept and found on day 31
-Took 30 min+ to get through
-was like calling a small company
-after initial answer and put on hold no music , no we will be right with you
-told was out of luck cause it was day 31
-I told them that was really bad for an overpriced phone case.
-superivsor stated $50 was in line for a phone case and they did not mark up
case cause it was Disney.
-Superivisor said they would make an exception for me this once.
-Stated would send a new one.
-Never got it!
-Called 5 times but after 15+ minutes on hold each time I gave up.
-Busy mom of 3 and did not ever have time to deal with it.
-Sad but gave up on it!

All in all Disney has changed! Just a few years ago if you had a problem they would stand out from the rest in customer service. Fact is they are just trying to keep up with Target. Well no, even Target has a better return policy! . You could justify the prices before knowing they would take care of you. No longer the case.
aprincessatlast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: