Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Gluten Free at Food Court POR

I asked this question on the POR thread, but got no responses.

Two years ago when DH and I stayed at POR I don't remember any gluten free pasta selections, or gluten free waffles and/or pancakes at breakfast but I'm wondering if that has changed by now?

Does anyone know if we can get a gluten free pasta for dinner at the pasta station, and/or gluten free pancakes or waffles at breakfast?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

We had friends stay there in March of 2012 and their 6 year old daughter had gluten and dairy and egg free allergies. She was able to have chicken tenders, fries, Mickey waffles. I am sure they cater to gluten free. We stayed wilderness lodge this past may and my son got gluten free Mickey waffles at the quick service there no problem. Disney is the best place to eat gluten free! The disAbilities forum has lots of threads on gluten free in Disney and the resorts!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
We had friends stay there in March of 2012 and their 6 year old daughter had gluten and dairy and egg free allergies. She was able to have chicken tenders, fries, Mickey waffles. I am sure they cater to gluten free. We stayed wilderness lodge this past may and my son got gluten free Mickey waffles at the quick service there no problem. Disney is the best place to eat gluten free! The disAbilities forum has lots of threads on gluten free in Disney and the resorts!
Thank you. I didn't think about the disAbilities board, I'll go check over there.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

From what I understand, the gf offerings are not on the menu, you will need to ask the CM who will probably give you a book with ingredients and /or get the manager. My son is recently gf and dairy free, so I've been looking as well.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
From what I understand, the gf offerings are not on the menu, you will need to ask the CM who will probably give you a book with ingredients and /or get the manager. My son is recently gf and dairy free, so I've been looking as well.
that is true-the gf offerings are not on the menu. We had to ask to speak to the manager each time we ordered because we have a gluten allergy. They told us what they could make gluten free and they actually made it at Artist Point even though we were ordering downstairs at WL at the quick service. We did have to wait 15-20min extra for our food to be ready made but we paid the SAME price as the regular counter service food. Many times, we'd find a seat and the manager would personally deliver our gf made to order food. That was at WL. IN the parks, we'd just wait by the counter-Columbia Harbor House had good gluten free food. I found the parks counter service to be accommodating but the resort was so friendly and helpful and accommodating. I am sure POR will be the same. We go in April to POR and one of the many reasons we are staying on site is because DIsney does an awesome job catering to allergies and also picky kids with allergies!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: