Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #526
AnnaNonamus
Mouseketeer

Bumping and subbing

This is a fantastic thread about all of the little things Disney does to make sure you have a wonderful vacation. It isn't about getting something for free- it's about feeling like they care about your happiness.
AnnaNonamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 AM   #527
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

My favorite one happened in Disneyland last year. We went to Goofy's character dinner before our first day at the park and DD (then 6) was thrilled when Alice showed up at the end of the night unannounced. We were about to leave but stayed longer to see her, and she immediately told Alice how she had brought her Alice costume to wear to the parks. Alice told her she better be wearing it when she saw her the next day, and DD promised. The next morning she put on her costume and was READY to see Alice and show her. I'm thinking what are the odds right? And what if we see Alice and she, err, doesn't remember? It was probably 9 or 10pm when we left dinner the night before, but when we walked through rope drop at MK there she was! I couldn't believe it. She took one look at DD and said, "Oh my, I'm SO glad you remembered to wear the outfit like we talked about!" and then told the Mad Hatter all about how they had met the night before. My daughter was elated, she tells everyone that story!

12/14 DLR ~ 2/13 Pop ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 Pop ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips to WDW & DLR
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #528
Jannephotog
Mouseketeer

Pixie dust moments are the best..had a few this most recent trip I'd love to share-

- We ate dinner at the Cape May Cafe (Soooo good!) and had the wonderful Osker as our waiter. It was the first day of our trip and I'd gotten a birthday button and changed it to say "un-birthday", due to my recent falling in love with Alice in Wonderland. Osker got excited about my birthday button and I explained 2 or 3 times it wasn't my real birthday, it was just my unbirthday, but he still stayed very excited. At the end of our meal, I was informed by another person I was eating with that I was going to have something brought out because of my unbirthday and I was slightly mortified at first.... a few minutes after that, the most energetic waiter I've probably ever had brought out a small Mickey shaped truffle cake thing (not sure exactly..all I know is it was amazing and very rich), complete with a candle and a card signed by Mickey and Goofy and Donald and had the folks I was with sing Happy Birthday to me and had me blow out the candle.

(I kept thinking about it and after almost feeling bad about getting a treat on my un-birthday, I decided it was okay because I hadn't gotten to be at WDW for my birthday since I was 10 years old or so and it's my favorite place to be in all the world.)

-This other pixie dust moment was the most simple one ever but made me such a happy girl... the last night we were at WDW, my DBF and I had had dinner and then gone back to the hotel to chill out for a little bit by ourselves. He suggested we go back to MK to do a few more rides and see the fireworks and, in my exhausted and slightly overwhelmed by the trip ending state, I was having a meltdown and crying over the fact we had to go home the next day, plus I didn't want to go back to the park & get upset about having to leave again. The park was also scheduled to close at 10 that night, after having it open til 1 every other day of our trip, so when we were discussing our plans around 6:30, that just seemed like a lot of time to not have much time in the MK, too.

Finally, he convinced me that we should go back one more time and reassured me if I got upset that he would hold me and it'd be okay, so we headed to the buses and the MK. (Note: When they play the end of the day audio at MK, I cry like a baby everytime, thusly I was scared of hearing this the last day because I knew how I could possibly react...yeah, I'm that weird girl walking down Main Street to the gates, tears in her eyes...but it's okay, I know I'm not the only one who does it).

Anyways, we get into the park and I ask a CM what time the fireworks and parade are and she also informed me that it was EMH that night so the park was open til 12 for us resort guests. That put a huge smile on my face and I was so excited that I asked if I could hug her and she obliged. She didn't do anything but relay the information, true, but she saved the last night of my trip from me being mopey and actually helped me enjoy it so much more.

(sorry so long...context and all! )
Jannephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #529
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

On our anniversary trip in October we had the below happen:

The Cm's let us in fast pass lane even though we had no tickets Toy Story Mania

at epcot a girl came up to us & gave us a free hot fudge sundae from Edys. It was delish!

On one of the bus rides drive had bus sing happy anniversary to us

Got a few free desserts for anniversary as well.

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Stir fry beef & broccoli recipe & review .

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #530
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

The person who embroidered my ear hat in the morning called out a greeting to me - and remembered my name! - when I passed the shop again late that afternoon. I was so impressed!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #531
AnnaNonamus
Mouseketeer

Bumping for the awesome magic!
CBR - 10/20/13-10/28/13 - Free Dining Girls Trip!
AnnaNonamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #532
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

2009: A CM emerged from a store in Tomorrowland with two jedi swords and began an epic duel (sp) with my then three-year old son. He receieved a certificate from the CM afterwards.

2009: My son was in a timeout outside of Chef Mickeys. Donald showed up and tapped my son on the shoulder. Without thinking, I scolded Donald, "Donald, Jack is in a timeout right now!" The handler and Mickey came over and made jestures that Donald needed a timeout too so Donald and my son both stood in the corner for a short timeout together!

2011: Barbara (CM) during the Move it Shake It Dance took my daughter (1.5) in her arms and danced with her for a good portion of the parade (this is before they actually bring everyone into the streets!) She also gave my son in 2010 a ride around the hub in the old fashioned firetruck!

2011: Cinderella asked if my daughter (1.5) could stay and be an honorary princess for a little while...the next group behind us came through and my daughter "signed" their autograph books as the princess in training (signature was a scribble...they were good sports!)

2012: we had my twin nephews with us and they are gingers...so were magnets for attention...one was picked to be Beast and dance with Belle, the outher was picked to sword fight with Captain Jack, the Jedi training master had a bawl with his canned jokes (you must be from the clone planet?)

2012: We bought a mickey balloon for my daughter. The two of us were playing with it batting it around. Next thing you know a Photopass Photographer came over and handed me a card and said I will want the pictures on there...sure enough she took some GORGEOUS pictures of my 2 year-old princess.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #533
lstylr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
2009: My son was in a timeout outside of Chef Mickeys. Donald showed up and tapped my son on the shoulder. Without thinking, I scolded Donald, "Donald, Jack is in a timeout right now!" The handler and Mickey came over and made jestures that Donald needed a timeout too so Donald and my son both stood in the corner for a short timeout together!
That's hilarious!!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #534
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Quote:

2011: Barbara (CM) during the Move it Shake It Dance took my daughter (1.5) in her arms and danced with her for a good portion of the parade (this is before they actually bring everyone into the streets!) She also gave my son in 2010 a ride around the hub in the old fashioned firetruck!
Barbara is one of my favorite CMs. I always look for her when we're watching the parade!

and just around the corner is a Fantasyland!
iwish81792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #535
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

We had some nice pixie dust today. We were at Typhoon Lagoon having lunch seated in an area behind an ice cream shop when a CM just randomly came out and handed my son a waffle ice cream cone out of the blue. . I'm guessing a paying guest must have changed their mind and we were in the right place at the right time. It was pretty cool though!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #536
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Last year we were walking back to our room at the GF and DD realized she had lost the backing to one of her pins, which she was wearing on the strap to her camera case. We started retracing our steps with our heads down looking for it.

One of the CMs in a golf cart stopped to ask us if everything was okay and helped us look for a bit. When nothing turned up, he said he was sure if we went to any gift shop they'd give us a new backing.

The next day we were walking to the main building and the same CM saw us and he stopped and asked if everything turned out okay. We let him know that we actually bought a pack of the locking backs and I thought it was a nice touch that he remembered us and took the time to follow up.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #537
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
2012: we had my twin nephews with us and they are gingers...so were magnets for attention...one was picked to be Beast and dance with Belle, the outher was picked to sword fight with Captain Jack, the Jedi training master had a bawl with his canned jokes (you must be from the clone planet?)
A little off topic, but when I saw you mention your nephews...my daughter just posted this on her close friend's timeline, who is also a ginger:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson...-ginger-heaven

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #538
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Loving this thread!

One of our special moments was as simple as the many desserts we received on our honeymoon even though we were on deluxe dining. It was a nice gesture and the cast members all delivered them with a smile!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Jessica527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #539
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
We had some nice pixie dust today. We were at Typhoon Lagoon having lunch seated in an area behind an ice cream shop when a CM just randomly came out and handed my son a waffle ice cream cone out of the blue. . I'm guessing a paying guest must have changed their mind and we were in the right place at the right time. It was pretty cool though!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That's very cool, in at least two ways!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #540
JohnstonMandy
Earning My Ears

My husband and I took our daughter Evelyn to the Magic Kingdom on September 11, 2012. We were visiting from Michigan and took her just for one day! We were there for rope-drop and had about 45 minutes before breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table. A CM noticed us wandering, looking a little lost, in Liberty Square and struck up a conversation. After a few minutes, he whispered, “Princess Tiana is due behind these buildings in just a few minutes. There might not be much of a line yet.” Being that Princess Tiana was first on her list of must-meet Princesses, we went straight there.
We had the good fortune of meeting some lovely people in line that let our little girl be first to meet Tiana. What resulted was far and away our most memorable moment (among many magical experiences) of the whole day. She came right up to Evelyn, took her hand, and walked with her to the gazebo as I choked back tears watching her meet her favorite princess in such an amazing way. I am so thankful to that CM!! I'd post a pic but I don't have enough posts yet!
JohnstonMandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: