Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #2311
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Just booked a ones bedroom lake view for August. We've never stayed in a villa before. It should be fun and a new experience.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #2312
momtoprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
We stayed in a garden room when our kids were 1 and 3. There are pros and cons to those rooms. Pros: They are cheaper. They are much closer to the pool than the tower. The ground floor rooms have patios whiclh we used a lot for the adults to hang out on while the kids were napping. The patio was also a nice 2nd entrance since we had the pack n play by the room door. The cons to the garden room are that it's farther to the monorail and restaurants and shops. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms do not have balconies so there's no place to escape to while kids nap or go to bed early. Some of the garden rooms are quite a walk. If you get one of the furthest garden rooms, you have quite a trek to get to the food/monorail.

If a garden room is what you can afford, then great, you're still at the CR and it's awesome. If possible, request or pay for a pool view room on the ground floor. We had 5107 and were about 15 steps from the pool. So easy for a really quick afternoon or in our case, a midnight swim. Amazing how hot is still is at midnight in July.

And the single best feature, and why we book CR: the walkway to MK. A feature you get no matter what room you're in. Hope this helps.
Thank you for this! You reassured me that we will be fine in the Garden Tower. And thanks for the tip on which room(s) to request!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #2313
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
I just booked a 2 bedroom villa at BLT for Sept! Our first time there!
My question is: what is the difference between a dedicated and non-dedicated villa? We are "cash" guests.My reservation does not specify, so how do I know what I have?
The difference between a dedicated 2-bedroom and non-dedicated (lockoff) is that the non-dedicated can be split into a studio and 1-bedroom (with the doors between them locked) and booked separately. A dedicated only has one exit for the villa. In the dedicated, the studio portion has two doubles instead of a queen and a double sofa-bed. Most people like the dedicated when they have a big family with kids who would like real beds in the second bedroom, while the lockoff might be better for two families travelling together, where some occasional privacy might be good. In terms of which you have, you can request one or the other, but it's not guaranteed.
Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #2314
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianR View Post
According to the refurbishment schedule a guest room soft good replacement is taking place at the Contemporary. Has anyone of you seen the new rooms?

Now – March 22, 2013: Contemporary Tower and South Garden Wing will undergo Guest room soft goods replacement.

I would love to see some pictures.
These are the current CR-related rehabs listed on Intercot. I don't have details at this time.

Disney’s Contemporary Resort
• Now – Sep. 21, 2013: Guest elevators will undergo enhancement.
• Dec. 24 – March 22, 2013: Contemporary Tower and South Garden Wing will undergo Guest room soft goods replacement.
• Jan. 6, 2013 - Late Summer 2013: 14th floor Suites Refurbishment. This includes a hard and soft goods refurbishment and a renovation to the concierge lounge.
• Jan. 15 – Feb. 8, 2013: Bay Lake Tower – Bay Cove Slide will be closed for refurbishment. The Pool will remain open.
• Jan. 27 – Feb. 17, 2013: 12th floor Atrium, Club level concierge lounge soft goods replacement and refurbishment will occur.
• Jan. 28 – Feb. 22, 2013: 2nd floor lobby wall covering replacement will occur.
• Feb. 2, 2013 – Late Summer 2013: California Grill will be closed for refurbishment.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #2315
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
I realized that some of the garden wing rooms are facing directly to the Bay Lake.

Are these standard rooms?
Would be worth a try to request if yes when booking it
No, these are Garden View bookings. You must book a Garden View room and request "Facing Bay Lake." Keep in mind that this is a request only and isn't guaranteed. Good luck - we loved our GW room that faced Bay Lake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
Just booked a ones bedroom lake view for August. We've never stayed in a villa before. It should be fun and a new experience.
We LOVED our BLT one bedroom in August and it was our "first time", too. I can't recommend it enough. Here is a link to my BLT TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999831
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #2316
Hulles
Martian Mickey

whats the best way to request a room on a high floor in BLT? Last year we stayed in BLT and were on the tenth floor I believe, and that had a great view. My son loves the view from higher up in the hotel. We have a 1br MK view booked in April. I believe when I made the reservation I just asked for "highest floor possible". would that do that trick or should I request a more specific room number?

I know its only a request though Just wondering the best tactic when putting the request in
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #2317
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
whats the best way to request a room on a high floor in BLT? Last year we stayed in BLT and were on the tenth floor I believe, and that had a great view. My son loves the view from higher up in the hotel. We have a 1br MK view booked in April. I believe when I made the reservation I just asked for "highest floor possible". would that do that trick or should I request a more specific room number?

I know its only a request though Just wondering the best tactic when putting the request in
Welcome! I made my BLT request when I booked my cash reservation. Just call the WDTC and have them add a request for a high floor to your reservation. This is a better request than a specific room number. If your requested room isn't available, the room assignor won't know why you requested that room in order to put you in a similar room location. But, if you loved your last room, you could request "high floor such as room #xxxx."
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #2318
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I'm dying to book my Jan 2014 reservation but it won't let me online. Wonder if I can talk the husband into an August trip right before the kids go back to school?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #2319
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I'm dying to book my Jan 2014 reservation but it won't let me online. Wonder if I can talk the husband into an August trip right before the kids go back to school?
Welcome! You can book, but you'd have to call. The rate will adjust when it's released and you can apply applicable discounts anytime.

Tell DH that August, (especially late August) has the lowest prices and lower crowd levels. General public discounts and Free Dining are usually available. It would be the perfect pre-2014 fact-finding mission

Good luck!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-15-2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #2320
WDWKOOK

From MouseSavers:

12th Floor Atrium Club Level Lounge (Contemporary Resort) closed 1/27/13-3/22/13 for refurbishment.

No alternative lounge location is mentioned. I assume the IPO will contact booked Atrium Club guests. Let us know if you're booked CL at the CR during this time and have received any info from the IPO regarding the closure.

Tower Club Concierge Lounge and entire 14th floor (Contemporary Resort) closed through late Summer 2013 for refurbishment.

Bay Cove Pool Slide (Contemporary  Bay Lake Tower) closed 2/4/13-2/15/13 for refurbishment. Pool will be closed 2/14/13-2/15/13; guests can use the feature pool at Contemporary Tower on those days.

California Grill (Contemporary Resort) closed 2/4/13-late Summer 2013 for refurbishment.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #2321
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Welcome! You can book, but you'd have to call. The rate will adjust when it's released and you can apply applicable discounts anytime.

Tell DH that August, (especially late August) has the lowest prices and lower crowd levels. General public discounts and Free Dining are usually available. It would be the perfect pre-2014 fact-finding mission

Good luck!
We can use the military discount as well. I just always worry whether it will be renewed or not! My youngest turns 3 in August so if we go right before his birthday it would be his last "free" trip. We already promised the oldest a birthday trip in 2014 on the road home in Dec so I think I'll just secretly work on "research" for an August trip! If the crowds are low we might be able to get past the heat...

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #2322
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

Arriving at CR -MK view room on the 21st! Can't wait
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #2323
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers
Have a great time!!!! I have 3 more weeks til I am there

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #2324
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers
Eeeek! Have a fabulous time!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #2325
Liberator
Mouseketeer

I am...surprised...and confused...because:

I found an offer of two trustworthy travel companies (Neckermann and Thomas Cook) with 50 % off on Garden Wing Garden View rooms in September. Only Garden View.

Disney Price for 4 nights is 1700 $, the price here is 861 $.
No, it is not the price for each person, it says it is the price in total after tax.

I think that must be a mistake, but when I start booking for fun it is bookable for that price. Need to talk to my buddy!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: